Status
Not open for further replies.

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lotus Select Badger
Soap: CRSW Glide Barbiere Sapone
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Scent: YSL Rive Gauche EdT

First shave with the Blackbird. Aggressive but precise. A five day growth was scythed down effortlessly. Quite a bit of blade feel, but no irritation.
Was DFS+ after two passes - impressive. Went for the ATG pass and all good - pretty much BBS and no "scraped" feeling on the face that I sometimes get with aggressive razors.
The test for me will be how much skin stands up to repeated use, but a promising start.

6ylw3Tgl.jpg

Soap: Dr Harris Shaving Cream - Sandalwood
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Timeless Bronze (compliments of @Razor Burn )
Blade: Gillette Stainless - Red (2)
Another fine shave with the Timeless, almost makes it too easy. Gillette Stainless did a good job but not the smoothest blade. @Greenpike , what razors do you use this blade in? @LukehGee 's new Mondial inspired me to break the new Zenith out of it's packaging to stave off buying another big boar (for a while anyway:)). Love the big boars.

Hey. I’ve used the Gillette Red and White stainless in everything vintage I have and in the Rockwell 6C and the Karve and the R41. They’re by far the smoothest sharp blade I’ve ever used on my skin in all my razors. I used to use Permasharps as they are similar... just the Gillette Reds are a smidge better. Hope it’s just a bad blade? Good news is there are lots of us here who will take them off you if you don’t like them.

Hey. I’ve used the Gillette Red and White stainless in everything vintage I have and in the Rockwell 6C and the Karve and the R41. They’re by far the smoothest sharp blade I’ve ever used on my skin in all my razors. I used to use Permasharps as they are similar... just the Gillette Reds are a smidge better. Hope it’s just a bad blade? Good news is there are lots of us here who will take them off you if you don’t like them.
Thanks @Greenpike , I’ll put them through some vintage razors and see how they go. Nice to know there’s a Plan B.:)

IMG_20180924_144128-01.jpg

Lovely soap base and I do understand people's excitement. I think APR might have it pipped so I suppose this means a Declaration purchase is warranted. This scent is a dead ringer for Avon Wild Country to my nose so I imagine it might be polarising to the young and sexy folks here. I knew it when I sniffed it at @TomG s and got excited. Glad someone is doing old school like this again. The aftershave base is a bit better than 1970s Avon too plus it has menthol.

Was great to test the soap out against my hallowed General razor. Hard to pick between the Karve on F plate and this amazing SE with Feather blades now. I'm beginning to drink the koolaid on the Karve.

Date: 24 September 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Stirling Finest Badger 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Bandwagon
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C 'R6' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #6
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: B&M Reserve Spice
Razor: Rockwell 6c (R3) with Ikon Bamboo Handle
Blade: Gillette 7'Oclock-Yellow (2.5/1)
Post-shave: Cold water splash, APR Mycroft Splash, Mycroft EDP

Didn't do a good job with the lather, changed the blade out to make sure it wasn't the blade. Finally got the lather going a bit better at the end, definitely didn't have enough water in it to start with.

1. Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
  2. Razor: Merkur 38c
  3. Soap: Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime
  4. Scuttle: Giles Shaving scuttle
  5. Brush: Sam and Son 30mm silvertip fan
  6. Postshave: jojoba oil
  7. Earworm: Lightning bolt - Jake Bugg
So, a new addition to my routine (the scuttle) and a new soap. Firstly, the scuttle. I found it hard to whip up a lather as I normally do, as the spout does not have a plug so I was spilling water everywhere. So, out went the water, whipped up a great lather and then refilled with hot water. Shaving with a warm lather for 3 passes was very nice indeed. Would I use this everyday, probably not. I think that I will reserve it for those really cold mornings. Now to the soap. Not as slick as say an APR, but great cushion and longevity. As for the scent it has a really nice quiet lime presence, with a really subtle bay rum hint in the background. Overall really pleased with this soap. Easy to lather, decent scent and not like anything else I have in my rotation. I will try the Moroccan Myrrh tomorrow. As for the razor, this was my first DE (nearly 20 years old now) and still going very strong. If you don't have one of these in your rotation, I highly recommend them, great shave every time.

IMAG0270.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Karve (D plate)
Blade: Perma Sharp (4)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine lather bowl
Soap: Declaration Grooming Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli
Post: Thayers Aloe & Lemon Witch Hazel + Australian Lemon & Tea Tree Cream

An amazing SOTD this morning. I am in love with the razor and the scent from this soap is absolute bliss! Have a great evening... :)

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vulfix Pure Badger
Soap/Cream: DR Harris Arlington cream
Razor: Merkur 37c Slant
Blade: Feather
Post-shave: Omega Alum block, Lucky Tiger face tonic

Decent result ultimately (CCS), but wasn't too happy with the journey. I think i used too much cream, and not enough water when face lathering. Looking forward to making some adjustments tomorrow

Wolfman WR1
Gillette 7 o'clock SP (blue)
Simpson M7 silvertip
Tabac (soap)
ABC Apricot Hull AS balm
Floid blue

Fantastic shave this morning. Tabac never fails to deliver. I know some don't like the sent but I think it mellows with use & performance is always top notch.

I hadn't used the M7 in a while. It's not the densest brush but has a lovely soft feel, great backbone and excellent flow through. Ive always regarded it as a great brush to use if one shaves everyday, mainly because of the ultra soft feel.

2dvli83.jpg

Karve 'C' w/ Perma-Sharp (1)
Semouge 830
Declaration Grooming Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli Soap
Chatillon Lux Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli Splash and EdT
TSW After Balm (shave was a bit rough)

Awesome sunny day scent.

Just to piggy back off @todras comment about the hydration, I purposely held back with the water today because I had been feeling as the shave progressed my lathers had been getting a bit to wet (face lathering). And yeah the shave was a bit rough. Really lacked slickness.

Great set up! Love me some Y|R|P

Squadron Soap September

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Tim Keech Memorial LE shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette Slim Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (5)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Tim Keech Memorial LE aftershave splash
Fragrance: None

So easy to do a themed month with products so good!

Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Razorock Big Bruce
Soap: A&G Lavender
Razor: Rockwell 6s (4)
Blade: Astra green (3)

In a rush today so stupidly decided I could get a better and faster shave by going XTG on cheeks and AGT on neck for first pass. Followed by ATG all over for second pass. Cheeks are fine but no different to going WTG. Neck feels a little raw and not very close either. Stupid brain telling me fibs!

Status
Not open for further replies.