Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

zgm8DEd.jpg

Doug Korn D7 Manchurian
Wolfman WR1 SB
Feather
Chatillon Lux Champs de Lavande/Lavande Poivre

Proraso was my first soap and i hadnt used it in quite some time, so thought i would pull it out and compare it to some of the better soaps i have now that my technique has improved. I was quite surprised. It lathered up extremely easily and produced a really nice lather. I used the pre-shave as a post shave (before the splash) also have to say that i really really enjoyed the menthol / eucalyptusd blast. It wasnt long lived but nice all the same.

Got a super close BBS so i applied the Alum block to get the feed back and it was very minimal, barely noticed.

Will see how the post shave feel goes, if i need too i may apply some witch hazel later.. So yeah overall it is not a high end soap but it certainly did the trick and did it well, super close BBS

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: Razorock Synthetic
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Rockwell 6C, Plate 5 (2)
Blade: Persona Platinum

29959331317_0d6463cffd_c.jpg

EUC8i6sh.jpg

Soap: Pb Mirrors & Smoke
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Flic
What a grand old razor the Flic is. Makes you feel like you're shaving in style. The blade used to be covered in gold wash but that's long gone with just a hint left here and there. The blade resonates an unmistakable crunch when shaving through whiskers.
This is the strop that I hit with a blade the other day when dodging the pup, nicely filleting the edge of the strop. Super glue seems to be carrying a decent repair.

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: B&M Reserve Spice
Razor: Rockwell 6c (R3) with Ikon Bamboo Handle
Blade: Gillette 7'Oclock-Yellow (2)
Post-shave: Cold water splash, Nivea sensitive AS balm

Just a quick 1 pass to touch up from yesterday, I went a little too far the other way with the lather today it was a bit thin and runny though it was slicker and made for a better shave.

ig2UrKQl.jpg

Pre: Warm water
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4/R3)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Brush: Razorock BC Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron The Warden

What a welcome shave that was, even if my shoddy camera doesn't do it justice. The soap performed great as usual and I was really impressed with the sharpness of the Nacet blade, I could definitely see it being a great pairing with mild razors (or mild settings on razors such as these).

ig2UrKQl.jpg

Pre: Warm water
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4/R3)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Brush: Razorock BC Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron The Warden

What a welcome shave that was, even if my shoddy camera doesn't do it justice. The soap performed great as usual and I was really impressed with the sharpness of the Nacet blade, I could definitely see it being a great pairing with mild razors (or mild settings on razors such as these).
Nearly a perfect shave nice

Proraso was my first soap and i hadnt used it in quite some time, so thought i would pull it out and compare it to some of the better soaps i have now that my technique has improved. I was quite surprised. It lathered up extremely easily and produced a really nice lather. I used the pre-shave as a post shave (before the splash) also have to say that i really really enjoyed the menthol / eucalyptusd blast. It wasnt long lived but nice all the same.

Got a super close BBS so i applied the Alum block to get the feed back and it was very minimal, barely noticed.

Will see how the post shave feel goes, if i need too i may apply some witch hazel later.. So yeah overall it is not a high end soap but it certainly did the trick and did it well, super close BBS

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: Razorock Synthetic
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Rockwell 6C, Plate 5 (2)
Blade: Persona Platinum

29959331317_0d6463cffd_c.jpg
You nailed a great combo great looking shave ;)

CNSxxsQ.jpg

Pre-Shave: @nsavage pre-shave, cold water
Razor: Blackland DART
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Paladin Sumo Lapis
Lather: Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

First shave with the DART and all I want to say for now - super efficient - I did a pass less than usual, but I felt it afterwards...

I missed this scent very much and am glad to have it back in the den - thanks again @nsavage . Spectacular Mike's lather whipped up by this wonderful Paladin - happy days.

I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday (y)

EUC8i6sh.jpg

Soap: Pb Mirrors & Smoke
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Flic
What a grand old razor the Flic is. Makes you feel like you're shaving in style. The blade used to be covered in gold wash but that's long gone with just a hint left here and there. The blade resonates an unmistakable crunch when shaving through whiskers.
This is the strop that I hit with a blade the other day when dodging the pup, nicely filleting the edge of the strop. Super glue seems to be carrying a decent repair.
Great photo and set up. Looks like an awesome razor.

Great photo and set up. Looks like an awesome razor.
Thanks Rabid Badger. It is a bit of a special razor. Maybe not my best shaver but more because it has distinct character. The old english steel is different to the german steel is different to the swedish steel ............
It's surprising what's still out there as far as beautiful ornate old NOS straight razors but they are getting rarer and some bring a lot of money. Still relatively easy to get NOS or very lightly used plain jane straights very cheaply in very good condition. Keep hunting.

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Yaqi DOC + RR Bamboo handle
Blade: Perma Sharp (5)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: face lather
Soap: RR xXx
Pre: Shower
Post: Thayers Aloe & Lemon Witch Hazel + Jovan musk cologne splash

I was in a super rush to make work this morning so decided to have a shower shave, hence no photo :( Not the worst shave but certainly not as pleasant as yesterday's effort with the Y/R/P :love: Doing my upmost to finish the xXx soap and I must've had a dud blade as the Perma Sharp usually last's me 5 smooth shaves. Felt very rough so off to the bin it goes... Happy shaves!

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Timeless, 0.68 scalloped plate
Blade: Astra Green (4)
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Group Captains Blend
Fanbloodytastic shave this evening. The Timeless paired with the 0.68 scalloped plate is a perfect daily shaver.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vulfix Pure Badger
Soap/Cream: DR Harris Arlington cream
Razor: Merkur 37c Slant
Blade: Feather
Post-shave: Omega Alum block, Proraso crema liquida dopobarba

My first time using a proraso aftershave balm rather than a lotion. The scent was....interesting (oatmeal?), but I'm sure it'll grow on me as it was definitely soothing and refreshing on the skin

Status
Not open for further replies.