Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squadron Soap September

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson H2 boar
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Tim Keech Memorial LE shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette Slim Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (6)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Tim Keech Memorial LE aftershave splash
Fragrance: None

Nice :)

peb5MZPl.jpg

Recycling past photo:
4th use of the Astra green blade. I think it’s had enough as isn’t cutting smooth.

The soap was squished back to cover the base of the tub 2 shaves ago and already can just about see the blue showing through the centre again. Not sure how much longer this will last. Maybe 2 weeks?

2XHijLl.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Karve ‘D’ Plate....
Blade: Feather....
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2....
Soap: Wholly Kaw La Fougère Parfaite....
Post: Wholly Kaw La Fougère Parfaite Aftershave & EDT....

4MfWCn4h.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: APR Winterfell
Brush: Vie-Long American Style Horse
Shaving Bowl: Bronze Warrior
Razor: Timeless Bronze (compliments @Razor Burn )
Blade: Feather (2)
One of the better shaves I've had with a Feather blade, works well with the Timeless.(y)

Semogue 1305,
Mitchells Wool Fat,
Yaqi OC/Ballend handle,
Feather,
Witch Hazel,
Viet Cheap'n' Smelly

First shave since Saturday so had a fair bit of growth to take care of.The Yaqi head and Feather handled the job with ease for a clean result after two passes.Still battling a lurgy that has been hanging around this area for a while,people have been getting crook,getting a bit better then crook again within a week.Probably some perpetually mutating bug from all the unwashed and unshaven f#cken ferals in Nimbin that they share via their unbrushed teeth and foetid breath in the hippie food shops drinking their soy milk dandelion coffees in Lismore which then gets spread to other communities.

Semogue 1305,
Mitchells Wool Fat,
Yaqi OC/Ballend handle,
Feather,
Witch Hazel,
Viet Cheap'n' Smelly

First shave since Saturday so had a fair bit of growth to take care of.The Yaqi head and Feather handled the job with ease for a clean result after two passes.Still battling a lurgy that has been hanging around this area for a while,people have been getting crook,getting a bit better then crook again within a week.Probably some perpetually mutating bug from all the unwashed and unshaven f#cken ferals in Nimbin that they share via their unbrushed teeth and foetid breath in the hippie food shops drinking their soy milk dandelion coffees in Lismore which then gets spread to other communities.

I bet you feel better now that you got all that off your chest @pvsampson....:D:D

D0qaiiz.jpg

Valobra Pre Shave
Doug Korn D7
Wolfman WR1 SB
Feather
Storybook Soapworks Hallward's Dream
Acqua di Parma Colonia Ambra

How is the Storybook splash?

I was eyeing them up on maggards the other day and the splash says it's alcohol free so I guess it can be shipped here.

The "Hook" scent sounds awesome. The tea scented one sounds pretty interesting as well.

I was eyeing them up on maggards the other day and the splash says it's alcohol free so I guess it can be shipped here.

The "Hook" scent sounds awesome. The tea scented one sounds pretty interesting as well.
Yeah, I flicked them an email re: the Storybook aftershave and they confirmed that it can be sent internationally .

Date: 26 September 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Platypus P&C LE 2017 24mm Manchurian White
Soap/Cream:- Squadron Soaps ~ Group Captain's Blend
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- GEM G-Bar / GEM Personna SS PTFE Coated #1
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Tabac Cologne

Its very good, it makes a nice change :)

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Timeless , S/S 0.68 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Astra Green
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: AP Reserve Florian

Wolfman WR1
Gillette 7 o'clock SP (blue)
Shavemac DO1 3band
LASS Spring street
Simpson AS balm
Floid blue

Another flawless shave with this combo. I thought I would get out the spring street given the glorious spring weather we had in Adelaide today.

Status
Not open for further replies.