IMAG0272.jpg

Brush: PAA Green Ray Gun
Head: Gillette Sensor
Razor: Blacklands Dart
Blade: Polsilver S/I (1)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine lather bowl
Soap: Wolfpac Ice Pac
Post: Thayers Aloe & Lemon Witch Hazel + Australian Lemon & Tea Tree Cream

Simple, cool, soothing, effective head/face shave... Have a great remainder to your Thursday!

zOcW4Zll.jpg

Pre: Warm water
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4/R3)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Brush: TSW Silvertip
Soap: Declaration Grooming Original

By avoiding going for those last few hairs at the bottom of my neck on the final pass, it seems I can effectively reduce most of my irritation! Enjoy (what's left of) your day all.

SOTD
Pre: shower and hand made soap face wash
Prep: my pre shave oil
Brush: yaqui synthetics 28mm
Razor: Blackbird
Blade: Personna (3)
Soap: APR coeur de vert
Beveridge : red wine barossa shiraz
Aftershave : saponificio varesjno sample Mirto Sardegna

First use of the Blackbird , for me it was concentration 100% it was so efficient i was on edge fearing a blood bath . End result was BBS no blood. Great shave , looking forward to getting comfortable with this razor, first use and i think this will be my go to .Loved the aftershave but unfortunately finished the sample and it is such a pain to get aftershave from over seas .Soap was great of course ! ! Wine was one of my favorites and never lets me down

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
Post: CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent:Tabac EdC

There is a reason why Tabac shaving soap has been around since 1959. Wonderful fragrant lather.
Another lovely shave with the Blackbird. A touch aggressive on the ATG pass, but to be expected for such a razor.

oXLAUnnl.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Pb French Green Garden
Razor: Timeless Bronze
Blade: Dorco Prime (1)
Dorco paired well with the Timeless for a BBS albeit with a couple of weepers. I'll try another blade over the w/e but I'm already sold on this thing. Good balance of aggressiveness and efficiency, plus intuitive to use, makes for happy shaving.(y)

Last edited:
Back to my trusty Rockwell this morning and ended up with one of my best shaves to date.. Not entirely sure if my technique in shaving or lather went up a notch but the only other difference was i used mikes natural soap for the first time. Was also the first time i used a blade 4 times, there always thrown out by the 3rd shave.

Total comfort with zero burn 3 pass shave that resulted in BBS. Happy shaves.. happy days :)

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: Razorock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Mikes Natural Soap Lime
Razor: Rockwell 6C Plate 5
Blade: Persona Platinum (4)
Scent: Proraso Green AS

43144098680_40bc852a6a_c.jpg

AFL Grand Final Public Holiday SOTD....

eWbmUIP.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Blackland Dart....
Blade: Feather....
Brush: Turn-N-Shave Smoke On The Water....
Soap: APR Lavioletta....

AFL Grand Final Public Holiday! Seriously? Unbelievable ...

Yep, we get a Public Holiday today so we can all line the streets in the city for the Grand Final Parade....:p:p:p

and if you don't you go to work, right?

Date: 28 September 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Platypus P&C LE 2017 26mm Manchurian White
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Cuir et Epices
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'D' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #13
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

The Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) is still going on the Karve CB with the D base plate, I'm hoping the blade will be finished at #15 and I'm not going to push it any further after that. I'm still truly amazed to experience the vintage spoilers in my den, now I fully understand why they last a lot longer than the modern double edge blades ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.