Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand Final Day SOTD....

8aG5Lhb.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Karve 'D' Plate....
Blade: Feather....
Brush: Mondial Boar....
Soap: APR Fenchurch....

Beautiful....
How many shaves per feather blade did you achieved so far using the D base plate with your Karve CB????? Also does the blade behave smooth or sometimes a little rough??

How many shaves per feather blade did you achieved so far using the D base plate with your Karve CB????? Also does the blade behave smooth or sometimes a little rough??

Hey @SpeedyPC....As a rule I flip my blades after three shaves regardless of razor....
The only exception to that are the Gillette Spoilers but I haven't tried them in the Karve yet....

Hey @SpeedyPC....As a rule I flip my blades after three shaves regardless of razor....
The only exception to that are the Gillette Spoilers but I haven't tried them in the Karve yet....
Same I always flip my blade over after three shaves, it’s amazing to see the spoiler is still going on the Karve CB D base plate and I’m not going to push it any further after 15 maximum

Same I always flip my blade over after three shaves, it’s amazing to seeing the spoiler is still going on the Karve CB D base plate and I’m not going to push it any further after 15 maximum

Spoilers are a great blade....

Pre- hot shower
Brush- Razorock Big Bruce
Soap- A&G Lavender
Razor- Rockwell 6s (4)
Blade- Gillette 7OC Yellow (2)
Post- Old Spice

An effortless shave that was as smooth as I’ve ever had! The blade performance was spectacular and not one sign of blood being drawn either. This blade may well end up being purchased in bulk!

The yellow does not represent my wish for west coast to win the AFL flag either!

Have a top weekend all!

Pre- hot shower
Brush- Razorock Big Bruce
Soap- A&G Lavender
Razor- Rockwell 6s (4)
Blade- Gillette 7OC Yellow (2)
Post- Old Spice

An effortless shave that was as smooth as I’ve ever had! The blade performance was spectacular and not one sign of blood being drawn either. This blade may well end up being purchased in bulk!

The yellow does not represent my wish for west coast to win the AFL flag either!

Have a top weekend all!

No massaging of the cheeks today @tim33z....

Were going to well until this point.

As I've always being told, 'the AFL is as simple as ABC'.

Anyone

But

Collingwood

1200px-West_Coast_Eagles_logo_2017.svg_.png

Were going to well until this point.

As I've always being told, 'the AFL is as simple as ABC'.

Anyone

But

Collingwood

1200px-West_Coast_Eagles_logo_2017.svg_.png
Ordinarily but as a former sand groper my side is Fremantle so I cannot wish for the cross town rivals to win!

But on the other hand, the whole Eddie McGuire thing is a good reason for Collingwood to lose!

Maybe I just don’t care so much but didn’t want anyone thinking I was completely for one side over another!

Go Storm!!!

bTFLqV3.jpg

Pre-Shave: @nsavage pre-shave, cold water
Razor: Blackland DART
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Platypus Prototype Bob Quinn Manchurian
Lather: Stirling Bay Rum
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Not sure, if I really was so busy, or if it was the Fear Of The DARK DART, but it was today 4 1/2 days after my last shave and I was very much looking forward to a clean and happy face.

I took all the time in the world, whipped up some stellar Stirling lather with this beautiful brush and was very mindful of my technique. Again I needed 1 pass less than usual and my face feels much better than after the first outing with the DART, but it is for me still a very aggressive razor.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend (y)

Pre-shave: Hot shower, Nivea for men facial scrub
Brush: Vulfix Pure Badger
Soap/Cream: Squadron Dispatch Rider
Razor: Merkur 37c Slant
Blade: Feather
Post-shave: Omega Alum block, Proraso creama liquida dopobarba

First shave with Squadron's Dispatch Rider soap. First pass WTG, second ATG = DFS. Wasn't perfect though, as the alum provided a little sting, and I can't help feeling that I didn't get the soap to water ratio right first time around. My gut tells me though that when I do get it right this combination will provide some awesome shaves

How do you like the Red Lead soap? It's on my shortlist to grab in the near future
I like the Red Lead. As you probably know it is tribute to O ld Spice but is a more sophisticated scent than the modern Old Spice, I am imagining it is more like the original though I have never tried that. My personal favourite Squadron is the Scramble.

Status
Not open for further replies.