Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: B&M Reserve Spice
Razor: Rockwell 6c (R4) with Ikon Bamboo Handle
Blade: Gillette 7'Oclock-Yellow (1)
Post-shave: Cold water splash, Somersets AS Balm

A great Premiership 2 pass shave

cvFL0Kml.jpg

Experimental soap making Saturday gave me yet another excuse to combine Hydrogenised Soy, Stearic acid, Shea Butter, Tallow, Kokum butter and coconut oil along with some water and hydroxides.

Great soap.

6/8" Goldarch
Silvertip Badger
Single pass and an absolutely irritation free shave.

And some people consider shaving a chore :) Can you believe that :)

Experimental soap making Saturday gave me yet another excuse to combine Hydrogenised Soy, Stearic acid, Shea Butter, Tallow, Kokum butter and coconut oil along with some water and hydroxides.

Great soap.

6/8" Goldarch
Silvertip Badger
Single pass and an absolutely irritation free shave.

And some people consider shaving a chore :) Can you believe that :)
You just can't help yourself can you?:LOL:.........says I as I'm just opening up soapcalc.:) I was telling a work colleague about a hand soap collaboration I did with my daughter so she came up with another idea for us so I'm doing a test cook tomorrow.

This mornings shave

72shed.jpg

Karve 'A' w/ Polsilver (1)
Mondial1908 Boar
Squadron Soap Dispatch Rider soap
Dr Jons Flowers in the Dark splash
TSW After Balm

Awesome soap and scent from @SchoolForAnts. I love this scent! I'd be all over a matching splash if you did one. Dirty lavander comes to mind to describe it.

From the other two Squadron Soaps I have I do get a slight irritation on my checks (but not enough to not use them), I have to assume it's the fragrance doing it, because I do not get that at all with this soap.

The Dr Jons splash is nice. The scent of the Flowers in the Dark is great. It pairs well with Dispatch Rider. There's a strong bright lavander hit off the top, but it calms down to something a bit more earthy that compliments the soap. I would prefer a dead matching splash though. How good would that photo look with that awesome Dispatch Rider label wrapped around the splash bottle

Friday:
Pre: shower
machine: Timeless scalloped 0.95 open com + Gillete Nacet
brush: Romera manchurian
soap: B&M Velvet
splash: AP Reserve Lavioletta
EdP: AP reserve Lavioletta

No pic

Saturday:
Pre: Shower
machine: Timeless scalloped 0.95 open com + Gillete Nacet
brush: Wolf Whisker synth
soap: AP Reserve Frenchurch
splash: AP Reserve Frenchurch
EdP: AP reserve Frenchurch

l0IVZQ8.jpg

SOTN 29/SEP/2018

The maiden shave for Jayaruh #215 - it was superb. I spent three days breaking the boar before this first shave:

JMG Steelworks Kamisori
Delfts Donderslag
3p Preshave

The brush worked its magic - look at the pics. The soap is ACES - that very special smell you only get after a summer thunderstorm, captured beautifully. 2-pass BBS.

Squadron Soap September

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson reknotted in pure
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Tim Keech Memorial LE shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette Slim Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (9)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Tim Keech Memorial LE aftershave splash
Fragrance: None

What a great final shave for Squadron Soap September!

I seriously think I will do this every year, you really gain a new appreciation for how good @SchoolForAnts's soaps (and splashes) are when you use them for a whole month - or at least those bits you are home.

Thanks Andy for the great products, now the difficulty of making choices around products starts again tomorrow, but ...

... at least some choices in life are obvious ;)

eZyeR25.jpg

Valobra Pre
H.L.Thäter Fünf
ATT R1 + TRiAD
Gillette Red
Martin de Candre Fougère
AP Reserve G'Day Mate!

I wold never think of using G'day mate with that soap, but certainly I never try the sap yet. G'day mate is a fogere but I recon it does not be on he classic line of MdC?
BTW I'll open a thread with the stuff of the AMA in the spanish forum with the output. It is still open, so any question will be translated....

eZyeR25.jpg

Valobra Pre
H.L.Thäter Fünf
ATT R1 + TRiAD
Gillette Red
Martin de Candre Fougère
AP Reserve G'Day Mate!

I’ve never heard of the G’day Mate range before. What is this like? Obviously unobtainable now but was it special release etc? I like learning more about the APR early days and as mentioned, never seen anyone post about this one before.

I wold never think of using G'day mate with that soap, but certainly I never try the sap yet. G'day mate is a fogere but I recon it does not be on he classic line of MdC?
BTW I'll open a thread with the stuff of the AMA in the spanish forum with the output. It is still open, so any question will be translated....

You can use just about anything with a wash off product, particularly when it comes to the Fougère family. With the exception of the Yerba Mate and a few other things the heart of G'Day Mate is identical to MdC and any other correctly designed Fougère, particularly in the dry down. The opening notes of G'Day are only there as an introduction for the main notes of the fragrance, the narrative of G'Day begins around 15 mins after application when the Lime and citrus dampens and the heart is foregrounded....

I’ve never heard of the G’day Mate range before. What is this like? Obviously unobtainable now but was it special release etc? I like learning more about the APR early days and as mentioned, never seen anyone post about this one before.

It was a release for a private group I am a member of and was a gift for my graphic designer. It was never sold or made available outside the group due to the cost of the Yerba Mate Abs. It is a fragrance built with Yerba Mate into the classical Fougère proportions, with the addition of Lime, some other citrus and a little passion-fruit.

There have been two iterations of G'Day 1.0 and 2.0 the first one (posted above) and a second (Black labeled glass infinity jars with a Bombilla) that AP Reserve +Chatillon Lux did the fragrance design in the Storybook Soapworks soap base, again for the same private group.

It may appear again as one of the notes in the AP Reserve Trois LE 3 year anniversary release.

Last edited:
sorry Dan, I mess up on quoting... G'day is great but I was expecting from MdC a super clasic scent...., to not match with g'day.
Still with the AMA in spain with MdC, it is not at real time but a thread when they answer
cheers Mate!!

You can use just about anything with a wash off product, particularly when it comes to the Fougère family. With the exception of the Yerba Mate and a few other things the heart of G'Day Mate is identical to MdC and any other correctly designed Fougère, particularly in the dry down. The opening notes of G'Day are only there as an introduction for the main notes of the fragrance, the narrative of G'Day begins around 15 mins after application when the Lime and citrus dampens and the heart is foregrounded....

It was a release for a private group I am a member of and was a gift for my graphic designer. It was never sold or made available outside the group due to the cost of the Yerba Mate Abs. It is a fragrance built with Yerba Mate into the classical Fougère proportions, with the addition of Lime, some other citrus and a little passion-fruit.

There have been two iterations of G'Day 1.0 and 2.0 the first one (posted above) and a second (Black labeled glass infinity jars with a Bombilla) that AP Reserve +Chatillon Lux did the fragrance design in the Storybook Soapworks soap base, again for the same private group.

It may appear again as one of the notes in the AP Reserve Trois LE 3 year anniversary release.
Appreciate the explanation!

The maiden shave for Jayaruh #215 - it was superb. I spent three days breaking the boar before this first shave:

Jayaruh must have made so many brushes by now. I always enjoyed reading his step by step as he described each design he made.

The Kamisori looks good as well.

Steve

4QwlEMlh.jpg

Soap: Pb Henry
Brush: 19mm Vie-Long 4312 Black Horse
Razor: Timeless Bronze
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (1)
Last run with the Timeless. Thank you for the generous loan @Razor Burn . Beautiful razor, the open comb is a little unconventional but works. Razor performed really well even with blades that didn't work so well with it. Best blades I found with this razor were Wizamet Polsilver, Feather and Dorco Prime (not in any order). I found the Gillette Red and Wilkinson Sword a little rough in this razor.
Henry performed well but needs time to settle. Henry was a little schizo this morning, couldn't make it's mind up which face to show, first scent out of the tub when opened was as per design(y), then I was getting Pimento sweetness without the depth, then wood, some frankincense:wacky:........... some time in solitary should sort some issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.