Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Thater boar shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (5)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch aftershave splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch EDP

Penultimate shave with this tub of Fenchurch! I have a backup of course - but it will be put away until the cooler weather next year.

The Red Ring easily mowed down two days growth, no shave yesterday as I was up early (even for me) to drive to Sydney to help my daughter move house. Why oh why do the Hertz depots all close at 12 noon - so you effectively only have 4 hours from when they open to use the Ute? In Sydney traffic that meant one trip from Norwest to the inner city (St Peters) with a small side trip to a bed shop along the way. Only just got the ute back in time, if I'd missed the deadline it would have been a Monday return!

@Mark1966 have you been needing to smush the soap back into place in the tub to load your brush at all?

Any idea how many shaves you got? You have a spreadsheet right??

3dRjUEBl.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Mystic Water - Jeff's Lavender
Brush: Omega Italian Boar
Razor: Bengall (Finest Hollow Ground)

Pre: nada
Brush: Razorock Big Bruce
Soap: Edwin jagger Sandlewood cream sample
Razor: Rockwell 6s (4)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)

Wonderful Sunday shave with zero prep on 2 days beard growth. This sample tub had much less than the others so only enough for 1 shave. It makes a great lather and painting on with extra water at the end of building the lather gives excellent slickness. I’d be more than happy to use this cream regularly.

First use of another Gillette platinum blade back to back and it was again very nice. The first blade gave 5 excellent shaves so I foresee grabbing 100 of these soon.

@Mark1966 have you been needing to smush the soap back into place in the tub to load your brush at all?

Any idea how many shaves you got? You have a spreadsheet right??

Yes and NO! Very much no. There is a time and place for spreadsheets - bathrooms being neither

Date: 28 October 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Semogue SOC in Ash Wood Badger/Boar 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Arko (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub)
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C 'R6' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #10
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme

Aaaaah. I love the smell of Arko with a soft weak lemon scent that most wet shavers keep on complaining about because they hate the smell of a disinfectant urinal cake straight from the men's room when you're standing in front of a urinal wall taking a leak.

giphy.gif

Oh dear!

This reminds me of a funny situation a few years ago. I was late for a meeting so missed all the introductions. After the meeting concluded I went to the bathroom and standing there was one of the people we were meeting with. We introduced ourselves as we had never met and both after exchanging names moved slightly to shave hands - before deciding against it. Of course we realised what we had done and ended up laughing about it before washing our hands and THEN shaking hands.

It was a very funny moment!

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Timeless, 0.95 scalloped base plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Group Captains Blend

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Thater boar shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (6)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch aftershave splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch EDP

And we are DONE - see here.

Nice to get a tub of something finished, even better that I have a backup!

Hope your week will be a good ones guys (y)

juzDY93.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Wolfman Guerrilla OC....
Blade: Gillette Rubie....
Brush: Tony Forsyth Custom Blue....
Soap: DG Pure Lavender....
Post: CL Champs de Lavande Aftershave and Salve, Lavande Poivre EDT....

Pre-shave:- Hot shower
Brush:- Yaqi Mysterious Space Synthetic
Soap/Cream:- A & E Vanille de Tabac
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade:- Feather (2)
Post-shave:- A&E Vanille de Tabac AS splash

Had a fantastic 3 pass bbs shave this morning with the A&E which i havnt used for a while. Love the yaqi synth :)

45554695212_b25fa327f5_c.jpg

1. Preshave: Mama Bear's eucalyptus glycerin shave soap
  2. Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
  3. Razor: ATT, Bamboo Handle, Windsor CR baseplate
  4. Soap: Stubble Trouble - Rhymes with Orange
  5. Brush: Sam and Son, 30mm silvertip
  6. Postshave: jojoba oil
  7. Earworm: Everything is Awesome - The Lego Movie
I don't normally care for this razor combo, but I wanted to give it another try and I am very glad I did. Wonderful two pass shave this morning with a fresh blood orange scent. This soap is really slick. I also went for a face lather this morning and was able to whip up a great lather with some cushiony soft silver badger tips. I generally prefer a bit more backbone though, and this knot is quite floppy.

Earworm is due to yesterday's trip to LegoWorld with the rugrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.