Status
Not open for further replies.
DSCN0156.jpg

Brush: RR 400
Razor: WCS Anodized Multi-coloured CC head + iKon OSS handle
Blade: Rockwell
Pre: PAA Cube
Soap: RR xXx

A CCS with a razor head that was mistakenly posted to me by WCS instead of the matching titanium handle and man am I impressed. Shaves comparable with the EJ DE89 and pairs well with the Rockwell blade (lots of audible feedback :whistle:). Fairly mild but yet efficient with my face feeling cool and refreshed from the menthol in the pre-shave soap and the witch hazel :cool: I see myself using this combination in the future but that will have to wait untill 'One blade/One Razor/One soap in February" challenge is complete :cigar: Good night and happy shaves (y)

Razor: Vintage Gillette British Aristocrat #15
Blade:
Vintage Gillette Super Stainless 'Aussie Spoiler' (7)
Brush:
Tony Foysyth P&C LE Playtpus brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre splash
Cologne: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre EDP

No Italian splash today - too cold, look at it -

Give me some global warming - please!!!

Razor: Vintage Gillette British Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless 'Aussie Spoiler' (7)
Brush: Tony Foysyth P&C LE Playtpus brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre splash
Cologne: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre EDP

No Italian splash today - too cold, look at it -

Give me some global warming - please!!!

Thats positively tropical

IMG_20180201_072531-01.jpg

Same kit February begins. A month of glacial menthol, baby. Classic post equipment that should be versatile enough for most occasions.

Let's see if the Schick P-30 lasts for 14 shaves. Of course the big question is... can I last a month without APR products??

Date: 01 February 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Tabac 2x
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Frankenrazor:– Muhle R41 v2013 head with Bulldog Handle
Blade:- Astra Superior Platinum #2
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

Last edited:
But the lather is amazing - thick, glossy and slick. And the scent is wonderful.

I wholeheartedly agree, the Declaration soap base is superb and it's down to his Bison Tallow, Ive been sold on it for months now as it's so protective and produces such a thick, buttery lather.

In other news, over the next 4-5 months the entire Chatillon Lux range will slowly appear in the Declaration Soap base too which is fantastic in my book :)

One blade/One Razor/One soap in February - Shave #1 :nailbiting:
DSCN0159.jpg

Brush: RR 400
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Derby
Pre: PAA Cube :cool:
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering Bowl
Soap: RR xXx
Post: Alum / Witch Hazel + Vaseline Aloe Moisturising Cream

Remind me again why I agreed to enter this challenge? Good old peer pressure :facepalm: One shave down and 27 more to follow. Only see this ending one way and it ain't going to be good judging by this first 'meh' shave :banghead: Happy shaves gents :)

WjMYUde.jpg

Maggard Slant MR11 / Astra SP
Simpson Colonel X2L
Cyril R. Salter Sublime Citrus
Thayers Lemon WH Astringent / Natio Calming ASB
A very refreshing shave with Cyril Salter Sublime Citrus. I find the scent to be predominately lemon with grapefruit in the background (a pleasant tangy lemon, which kind of reminds me of lemon cheesecake). Topped it off with Thayers Lemon & Natio Calming ASB, which compliment each other really well. Based on my experience, the Maggard Slant is a mild razor....(I found the V3 to have a lot more bite). Once you get the hang of the angle, it's definitely capable of providing some great shaves. Enjoy your Friday everyone !!

February challenge: Shave #1

oa0glcol.jpg

Razor: SS General
Blade: Schick P30 (1)
Brush: Maseto Beehive
Soap: Mike's Lime

Really enjoyed my 2 pass XTG shave this evening.... I wasn't going to shave tonight but have an early meeting tomorrow and need to look respectable! Mike's lathered up lovely and the General/Schick combo gave the usual excellent shave as expected!

Status
Not open for further replies.