Not open for further replies.
pipeI8Pl.jpg

Brush: M7
Razor: Mamba on EJ Handle
Blade: English Wilky
Cream: Ingrams
A/S: Homemade Menthol Splash

Razor: Vintage Gillette British Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless 'Aussie Spoiler' (4)
Brush: Tony Foysyth P&C LE Playtpus brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coeur de Vert shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coeur de Vert splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coeur de Vert EDP

Ah, the green heart.

Just.

Wonderful.

That is all.

39952242431_7611071101_z.jpg

Soap: Pb Clary
Brush: Omega 10083
Razor: Gillette Rocket (@Mark1966 do you know whether this is Rocket Parat, I read that if TTO knob is same diameter as handle then it's a Parat)
Blade: Voskhod (3)
Mediterranean clay carries some colour over into the lather which the photo doesn't show up the slightly pink lather. I think the Nacet blade is better in the Rocket than the Voskhod but still a reasonable shave.

39952242431_7611071101_z.jpg

Soap: Pb Clary
Brush: Omega 10083
Razor: Gillette Rocket (@Mark1966 do you know whether this is Rocket Parat, I read that if TTO knob is same diameter as handle then it's a Parat)
Blade: Voskhod (3)
Mediterranean clay carries some colour over into the lather which the photo doesn't show up the slightly pink lather. I think the Nacet blade is better in the Rocket than the Voskhod but still a reasonable shave.

Hi mate,

The Parats and the 'normal' Rockets had a thinner handle and without that flare underneath the neck. This is, depending on the weight, a Rocket:

• 'HD' - around 72g
  • 'MD' - around 57g (my nomenclature)
  • 'LD' or 'Paperclip' - around 28g

The differences are in the components used, the 'LD' obviously being mainly aluminium.

39943289811_07989ac38e_z.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6C #3
Blade: Personna Blue
Brush: El Druida Manchurian badger
Soap: Declaration Trismegistus
Fragrance: Terre D'Hermes EDT

Really great birthday shave using the new brush...the face feel on this thing is fantastic (y) I'll be looking at El Druida again for my next brush order...so many customisable designs to choose from :D

Many happy returns champ (y)

WRy0kEMm.jpg

First DE shave for 30 odd years.

Mail today and the package from @58FB arrived. As in the pic,not only did he send me the razor,but two packs of blades and a beautifully scented soap about 40% left in bowl.He did not tell me the razor model,but after reading a little bit here and elsewhere,I think it is a Ball End Tech. Correct?
Shaving,I was impressed with how little work I needed to load the brush compared to the Palmolive black wrapper stick I've been using.Also the amount of lather I could achieve,in an old soup mug.Left me curious as to how much I could build in a dedicated lather bowl. Lather went on smooth,though now have realized a little dry for my liking.

Took a few strokes to figure razor angle,no real drama.Two passes,second with a wetter lather and on the neck area ATG. Two tiny nicks at the top of Adams apple,think is what all here would call weepers.Bit of irritation on neck area after second pass,but put that down to technique,nothing too serious. Cold water rinse off,some Witch Hazel I got from Woolies,and a bit of Jovan Musk A/S to finish.
Pretty happy overall,it's good to shave with a real razor again and just need to tweak lather and shaving techniques to make things go a bit smoother.

Many,many thanks to @58FB for his generosity.

CDxUyH9l.jpg

Pre: PAA, Cube
Brush: PAA, Rocket
Soap: Squadron, Red Lead
Razor: PAA, Starling (beta plate)
Blade: Gem SS
I'm really trying to like this razor but it's just not happening. On the plus side I love the brush and the cube makes everything super slick. The Red Lead is, of course, excellent.
I see Squadron soaps are going to be selling in the UK. Great news, they are in for a treat​

Your brush got me confused for a second, I thought it was a re-knoted vintage Ever-Ready C40. Do you feel any difference between badger & synthetic? I might order one from P.A :)

WRy0kEMm.jpg

First DE shave for 30 odd years.

Mail today and the package from @58FB arrived. As in the pic,not only did he send me the razor,but two packs of blades and a beautifully scented soap about 40% left in bowl.He did not tell me the razor model,but after reading a little bit here and elsewhere,I think it is a Ball End Tech. Correct?
Shaving,I was impressed with how little work I needed to load the brush compared to the Palmolive black wrapper stick I've been using.Also the amount of lather I could achieve,in an old soup mug.Left me curious as to how much I could build in a dedicated lather bowl. Lather went on smooth,though now have realized a little dry for my liking.

Took a few strokes to figure razor angle,no real drama.Two passes,second with a wetter lather and on the neck area ATG. Two tiny nicks at the top of Adams apple,think is what all here would call weepers.Bit of irritation on neck area after second pass,but put that down to technique,nothing too serious. Cold water rinse off,some Witch Hazel I got from Woolies,and a bit of Jovan Musk A/S to finish.
Pretty happy overall,it's good to shave with a real razor again and just need to tweak lather and shaving techniques to make things go a bit smoother.

Many,many thanks to @58FB for his generosity.
Glad it got here enjoy you look to have a great combo there ;)

Your brush got me confused for a second, I thought it was a re-knoted vintage Ever-Ready C40. Do you feel any difference between badger & synthetic? I might order one from P.A :)
It's a nice brush. Great price if you don't count shipping. Definitely feels different to a badger. I would like to be a traditional badger sort of guy, synthetics don't cut it etc. but it's silky smooth and gives a great face lather. Looks nice too

39943289811_07989ac38e_z.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6C #3
Blade: Personna Blue
Brush: El Druida Manchurian badger
Soap: Declaration Trismegistus
Fragrance: Terre D'Hermes EDT

Really great birthday shave using the new brush...the face feel on this thing is fantastic (y) I'll be looking at El Druida again for my next brush order...so many customisable designs to choose from :D

Many HappY Returns @FluffyGroodle - great Birthday shave!

Status
Not open for further replies.