So it lived up to its...Promises?:LOL:

0l4mrd2.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Wolfman SB-P WRH2 Stainless Steel
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Shavemac ATG 2017 LE
Lather: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

Super close shave with the aid of some fantastic Mike's lather - what a wonderful way to start the new week.

I hope you all have a great start into the new week (y)

Brush: Yaqi Synth Space 26mm
Soap: B&M Adagio
Razor: Paradigm 17-4
Blade: Dorco STP301 Prime Platinum
dd358cff1f.png

Brutal humid morning and slapped that Arctique all over me. Took four notches of heat off me. Unfortunately a strong peppermint smell follows you for a couple of hours.
Lovely comfortable BBS after a two pass and light buffing. Very impressive razor so far. Starting to like it :LOL:

Date: 29 February 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Bay Rum 3x
Razor:- Rockwell 6C (R5)
Blade:- Gillette Nacet #3
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic

Late night shave because I have a big day tomorrow very early morning.

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Castle Forbes pre-shave gel
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus
Soap: Mystic Water Irish Traveller
Razor: Ever Ready 1912
Blade: Ted Pella Gem SS (2)
Splash: PAA Déjà Fougère

Was a little firmer with my first pass with the 1912 this time around, and was rewarded with a better shave. Very close and comfortable three pass shave, and only a hint of the "scraped" feel I had last time out.
I have a love/hate relationship with Mystic Water soaps. Their scents are invariably excellent (IMO), and the performance is right up there with the best if you get the lather right, but I often have difficulty either under or over hydrating the soap. I aborted the first batch of lather - I just couldn't get it to thicken enough (it was over-aerated). There was no way I was going to plough ahead, given the hardware in use. Hence, started again and got a much better lather second time around, and subsequently a really nice shave :D.

Razor: Vintage Gillette British Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless 'Aussie Spoiler' (5)
Brush: Tony Foysyth P&C LE Playtpus brush
Soap/Cream: Aqua di Palma Colonia shaving cream
Aftershave: Aqua di Palma Colonia aftershave
Fragrance: Aqua di Palma Colonia Eau de Cologne

Some days you just have to have a splash of Italian ...

It's a nice brush. Great price if you don't count shipping. Definitely feels different to a badger. I would like to be a traditional badger sort of guy, synthetics don't cut it etc. but it's silky smooth and gives a great face lather. Looks nice too
I concur and I believe the synthetic used is teddy bear hair (go figure) but super soft and awesome value for a 26mm knot (y)

DSCN0150.jpg

Brush: RR 400
Razor: Charcoal Goods basic SB head + RR SS handle
Blade: Astra Green
Pre: Warm water + PAA Cube :cool:
Soap: PAA Atomic sample

A quick shave as I was in a rush for an appointment. Started the shave with the oKon Tech but quickly gave up as that thing is super aggressive :eek: Swapped it for the Charcoal Goods SB head and had a DFS. First impressions of the PAA Travel Scuttle were a bit mixed. Much smaller than thought and light as a feather which is great. As for lathering, enjoyed the warmth and like the cozzie but the soap was very meh and I didin't have enough time to whip up an appropriate lather as the soap required lots of water :banghead: Overall a great concept and awesome for travelling but prefer my Fine Lather bowl for day to day shaving. Love the Cube pre-shave soap with it's soothing menthol (y) Happy shaves gents :)

Nice shave today. Bit unusual for me but a midday shave was fine, apart from an overly zealous blade that drew blood for the first time in a very long time.

Brush -Boar
Soap - Mine unscented
Razor - 6/8" full hollow

Not in any way a bad cut :) - more than a weeper, so I think from now on I will shave at night to give myself a good chance to be fully awake.

Steve

Razor: Vintage Gillette British Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless 'Aussie Spoiler' (6)
Brush: Tony Foysyth P&C LE Playtpus brush
Soap/Cream: Aqua di Palma Colonia shaving cream
Aftershave: Aqua di Palma Colonia aftershave
Fragrance: Aqua di Palma Colonia Eau de Cologne

'444' is a great name for a mentholated cream, 4:44 is too early for a shave! A little Italian helps to make it bearable :)

La Toja Pre Shave​
TSW 2B
ATT/UFO
Feather
SS+CL Delor De Treget
Chatillon Lux Delor De Treget Aftershave
Alvarez Gómez Agua De Colonia Concentrada

I enjoy reading all members posts in this thread,but I have a few that I look forward to seeing mainly because the images are quite artful,and the diversity of products.
Yours are amongst those.

G47NSwI.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Guerrilla
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Hucklaration
Lather: Stirling Bay Rum
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

A very relaxing and smooth shave with some great Stirling lather.

I hope you all have a wicked Wednesday (y)

I enjoy reading all members posts in this thread,but I have a few that I look forward to seeing mainly because the images are quite artful,and the diversity of products.
Yours are amongst those.

Glad you like them, life is too short for boring shaves :)

Status
Not open for further replies.