Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.95 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk1
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Martin de Candre, Fougere

@Kaeckerut thanks for the opportunity to try out the Martin de Candre. First use, what can I say, minimal effort to whip up a thick lather. Once applied to the face it felt thick and creamy, loved the scent. The Timeless just glided, just two passes for a comfortable DFS.
Already looking forward to the next shave. (y)
Have a good week gents.

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Boellis Panama 1924
Razor: Pils 101NE
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (3)
Post: CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: DR Harris Traditional Cologne

It is always a treat to shave with the luxurious Boellis Panama soft soap. Very slick indeed, making shaving a delight.
My Semogue Owners Club Boar brush has bloomed nicely after being in the rotation for over a year, and is a top performer.
Two passes and a couple of clean-up strokes for a DFS.

Kind of busy lately (It does not mean I didn;t shave xD), Last two days devoted for warming up considering the upcoming Fresca intensa release...

pre: warm water
machine: Timeless 0.95 OC scalloped / UFO golliath prototype
blade: Ladas
brush: CRV "bipolar" manchurian
soap: AP Reserve Fresca
splash: Chatillon Lux Fourth and Pine
EdP: AP Reserve Fresca

6T7mGXB.jpg

It is great to go for a crisp citrus scent. I am not sure how good is the pairing with CL Fourth and pine, I reckon it will fits better with MdC agrumes (and that will give some peace to APR Suitably attired Australian, pretty decimated, that I don't want to get rid of)

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Boellis Panama 1924
Razor: Pils 101NE
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (3)
Post: CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: DR Harris Traditional Cologne

It is always a treat to shave with the luxurious Boellis Panama soft soap. Very slick indeed, making shaving a delight.
My Semogue Owners Club Boar brush has bloomed nicely after being in the rotation for over a year, and is a top performer.
Two passes and a couple of clean-up strokes for a DFS.

Lovely soap bowl Tom.

OVR8pd0l.jpg

My Soap Tempest
Antica Barbieria Colla Boar
PILS - Feather
Acqua Di Parma Balm
Al Kimiya Tempest Attar​

I’ve been enjoying using My Soap Chopper whilst leaving this one to cure for a few weeks as I felt it may benefit. It did, and performed superb.
With the 50ml Tempest Parfum ‘in the post’ many a great full tilt Tempest shaves are to come.
I can safely say I’m pretty much done with the artisans and their very often disappointing scents. There’s only a couple I’d buy from again because they are indeed very good, but at the minute their offerings are not the sort of scents I’m looking for.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Thater boar shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Skyefall shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (1)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Skyefall aftershave splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Skyefall EDT

I will not have time in the morning to post, another early flight. I'm still traumatised by my nightmare the other night (I was talking to @todras's father in the dream. He was an orthodox Jew and was telling me that Dan's little perfume and shaving business was not Kosher - so he had convinced him to shut down APR entirely and forever.) so I have to play with my APR once again tomorrow. Sad I know ...

Getting on the APR train it seems!

sorry, no pic today. I went to take a photo and my battery died. However, in preparation for this week's DE shaves I did take a photo last night of my weapons of choice for the week, so here they are:

today's shave:

Cream: Simpsons - peppermint and rosemary
Brush: Sam and Son 22 mm silvertip
Weapon: Charcoal Goods, Magnum, Level 3 Open comb with a Feather
Beard: 4 days growth

First pass, the lvl 3 OC was good at taking off most of the growth, but was not very smooth, nicked myself a few times. Second pass, managed to get a decent result, but all the time, I was just thinking, this would have been much nicer with my Koraat White Queen. I can't fault the quality of the C.G. razor, but I Think that the lvl 3 OC, may be too aggressive for my liking.

sorry, no pic today. I went to take a photo and my battery died. However, in preparation for this week's DE shaves I did take a photo last night of my weapons of choice for the week, so here they are:

today's shave:

First pass, the lvl 3 OC was good at taking off most of the growth, but was not very smooth, nicked myself a few times. Second pass, managed to get a decent result, but all the time, I was just thinking, this would have been much nicer with my Koraat White Queen. I can't fault the quality of the C.G. razor, but I Think that the lvl 3 OC, may be too aggressive for my liking.

Excellent. My weapon of choice as well. Looks like you're missing copper, though...

Excellent. My weapon of choice as well. Looks like you're missing copper, though...
I know, I'm on the waitlist though. I was really hoping to score one of the limited release, V1 stinger handles, they looked awesome. However, he does have the Torpedo in copper on sale, but I'm leaning towards the Vertigo.

today's shave:

Test tube rack!? That collection looks spectacular.

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Gillette Slim (5)
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk1
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Martin de Candre, Fougere

Status
Not open for further replies.