Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late afternoon shave, I arrived at home so overheated that I was about to jump on the pool, but....

pre: nothing
machine: Timeless scalloped 0.68 / UFO Goliath prototype
blade: Gillette Silver Blue
brush: Tony Forsith "The Ghost"
soap: AP Reserve Coolabah
1st after: lather on all the face ~3 minutes
2nd after: shower (no extra soaping)
3rd after: AP Reserve Coolabah

Hc6qMXB.jpg

I use to shave this way on the past (first shave, then lather + shower, and ending up with splash), and the results are amazing. I actually enjoyed quite a lot the menthol (specially when I apply some splash on the upper chest after the shower), as I was still really overheated. I am tempted to bring with me the Coolabah to the fieldwork in 10 days, but stuff always get damaged at some point, so 'she' will wait for me at home.

hThTN6ol.jpg

Nice to be home but can’t say I had a bad shave whilst away.
Tassie sure has some ideallic coastline. Cliffs reaching hundreds of feet high, caves, blowholes etc dotted along the coast. Super nice place.
Other SOTD here

Of course delayed flight coming home so not much sleep last night. Still an excellent shave today regardless.

3 more days of work then off again Thursday night.

Last edited:
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 'Platypus' shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (2)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger aftershave splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger EDP

I confess to be getting a little weary as the year comes to an end, so I'm particularly grateful for great shaves. Thanks @Tony Forsyth and @todras for this great shave and @SchoolForAnts, @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau and all the other wonderful artisans making this daily ritual such an oasis of enjoyment. #grateful_for_the_simple_things

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 'Platypus' shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (2)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger aftershave splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger EDP

I confess to be getting a little weary as the year comes to an end, so I'm particularly grateful for great shaves. Thanks @Tony Forsyth and @todras for this great shave and @SchoolForAnts, @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau and all the other wonderful artisans making this daily ritual such an oasis of enjoyment. #grateful_for_the_simple_things

Hear Hear....

ynlbXVcl.jpg

Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: A&E Grecian Horse
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Maladjusted Aristocrat (1)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
The Aristocrat is not mild even on setting 1 but managed a great shave. I'm hoping the Zenith stops shedding as it's a lovely brush to use.

Date: 20 November 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Platypus P&C LE 2017 24mm Manchurian White
Soap/Cream:- Speick (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub)
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C 'R6' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #12
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Rockwell 6S (4)
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Martin de Candre, Fougere
A quick no fuss shave before heading out.The Rockwell never disappoints.

q28uQwGl.jpg

Very nice comfortable shave this morning. Went ATG on the neck for both passes. Normally begin Wtg there but got a good result. First pass the Rex was set to about 3 and second pass and touch ups was on a 1.25 roughly.

Thought my Stirling splash had severely dried my skin around my top lip but remembered I got a little tassie sunburn a few days ago. I have great results when applying Nivea ghengis balm to my sunburn too if anyone gets burnt from time to time. Nice and soothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.