Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
pPb4n7T.jpg

Soap: Mystic Water - Maestrale
Brush: 26mm TF HMW
Razor: Gillette New LC
Blade: Nacet (2)
@alfredus I cannot reproduce the Mystic Water lather that you put up, it's a mystery. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I spent ages gradually introducing small quantities of water so as not to over aerate and that's the best I could do.
Anyway, nice combo for an easy DFS. The New LC is a nice level of aggression and peculiar audible feedback from the hollow handle. The handle thread is quite loose on the head until tightened. Wondering if that's it's potential end one day, but until then I'll enjoy using it as it provides a very good shave.

The great man Roger Waters was in superb form this evening, belting out all the Floyd classics, and also songs from his excellent solo albums. Indulge me - I've included a few snaps below that I took during the show.

:cool:

Big Floyd fan myself!

One blade/One Razor/One soap in February - Shave #19
Brush: RR 400
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Derby
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering Bowl
Pre: Shower
Soap: RR xXx

Missed the last two shaves as I have been bedridden with the flu. Struggling to find the energy and motivation to have a shave but managed to achieve a SAS in time for my doctors appointment later this morning. Happy shaves! :sick::dead: #blade_of_glory

I used the R1 plate for a couple of days and it's ultra smooth and surprisingly have better shaves than I've ever gotten from razors such as de89/r89, 34c etc.

I was shocked given the tiny blade gap in the R1. But to fulfill my desire for a daily BBS, I've stuck with R3.
Good to hear, it's surprisingly good isn't it! (y)

Date: 21 February 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto Silvertip Badger Fan Horn 30/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Route 66 ~ Rum Runner 5x
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor:- GEM Micromatic Clog-Pruf
Blade:- GEM Personna SS PTFE Coated #5
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

K0o6TPl.jpg

Soap: Mondial Florence
Brush: Semogue Boar
Razor: Ballend Tech
Blade: Feather (1)
Replaced the Polsilver with a Feather and it was ok.Sharp for sure,but not as smooth as the Polsilver.Hopefully it will settle a bit after a couple of uses,got a nice BBS WTG,ATG shave so happy enough except for the (minor) irritation.Florence soap is more comfortable to use than the Proraso I have, by the way.Thinking if I used the red today the irritation may have been quite annoying.

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Castle Forbes pre-shave gel
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: DR Harris Arlington
Razor: UFO Tornado / ATT S1
Blade: Vintage Gillette Platinum Plus (6)
EdC: DR Harris Arlington

Very nice late night shave after getting home from a concert. The DR Harris Arlington soap just loved my Crown King scuttle, with loads of tallowy goodness forthcoming.
Three passes for a DFS+. Kept the Arlington theme going with the splash and cologne.
The great man Roger Waters was in superb form this evening, belting out all the Floyd classics, and also songs from his excellent solo albums. Indulge me - I've included a few snaps below that I took during the show.

Great to see Roger Waters here. I saw him in Sydney and it was a fantastic night. I don't suppose he will pass this way again.

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Castle Forbes pre-shave gel
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: DR Harris Arlington
Razor: UFO Tornado / ATT S1
Blade: Vintage Gillette Platinum Plus (6)
EdC: DR Harris Arlington

Very nice late night shave after getting home from a concert. The DR Harris Arlington soap just loved my Crown King scuttle, with loads of tallowy goodness forthcoming.
Three passes for a DFS+. Kept the Arlington theme going with the splash and cologne.

Glad you enjoyed the show - saw him a couple years ago and he was fantastic (y)(y)(y)

My shaves for the 19th and 20th:

Pre-shave: Hot shower and Trumpers lime skin food
Razor: Muhle R41 (19th) and Rockwell 6S #6 plate (20th)
Blade: Kai (3rd and 4th shaves on it)
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th anniversary edition (from a sample) lathered in the Captains Choice bowl.
Brush: Elite Razor 24mm 2-band badger
Post-shave: none

Near BBS smooth shave both times. I don't normally post my SOTDs, but I felt it was worth posting to compliment how good the SV 70th edition soap is. It's on par with WhollyKaw in my books. (y)
Silky smooth lather both times and a pleasant fresh scent. I'd have ordered a tub already if I didn't have too much soap (with more on the way :facepalm:).

I haven't decided on my soap tonight, but fingers crossed the shave is just as good.

February challenge: Shave #8

Razor: SS General
Blade: Schick P30 (8)
Brush: Maseto Beehive
Soap: Mike's Lime

2 pass XTG.... blade is holding up well..... getting a bit boring though with all my other stuff gathering dust :(

Here's a photo to cheer me up!!!

gBFSARxl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.