Not open for further replies.
ubcgruu.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Shavemac ATG 2017 LE
Lather: Mystic Water Jeff's Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

First shave with my new AS-D2 and so I took no chances: the wonderful Shavemac brush produced some of the creamiest and slickest Mystic Water lather and I was ready to go.

Now I have to say: I hate Feather blades. I never had an even remotely decent shave with them. So naturally I was quiet worried. But my late friend @Draco Noir always told me about this magical combination of the Feather razor and a Feather blade, so I had to go for it.

All I can say is, this was one of the best shaves ever - absolutely super smooth and super close - I hope you are enjoying this Tim wherever you are - and many thanks again to @Oliver for the great razor!

I wish you all have a terrific Tuesday (y)
Glad your new razor is a winner for you @alfredus !

I'm getting one for my next birthday, so I'll be interested to see if it can tame the Feather blade for me as well.

Glad your new razor is a winner for you @alfredus !

I'm getting one for my next birthday, so I'll be interested to see if it can tame the Feather blade for me as well.

Thank you - let's see how the next couple of shaves go, but if I think if a razor can tame the Feather blade for me, it can do it for almost every one else as well...

Razor: Parker Variant Adjustable (1)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless blade (3)
Brush: Shavemac DO1 Americana shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge Shave Soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge Aftershave
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge EDP

Dialled the Parker back to one. Much more comfortable shave - but I feel like a sook! Still not happy with my technique on this.

Happy birthday for yesterday @Ferret619 !

0dAy2O1h.jpg

Soap: Pb The Blue Tansy
Brush: Vie Long Horse/Badger
Razor: Tanifuji
I find The Blue Tansy is quite soothing which I probably needed a strapping menthol this morning to wake me up. Caught myself twice on the chin (not bleeding just leaves a line). Otherwise great shave.(y)(y)(y)

One blade/One Razor/One soap in February - Shave #20
Brush: RR 400
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Derby
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: PAA Travel Scuttle
Pre: Shower
Soap: RR xXx

Really struggling to shake off this nasty cold :yuck: A nice SAS in the shower and now I'm going back to bed :bag: Happy shaves and belated birthday wishes to @Ferret619. Many happy returns champ (y) #blade_of_glory

BVfeZL1l.jpg

Chiseled/Zoologist - Nightingale
Maseto 30mm
Hayashi Diamond
Zoologist - Nightingale

Early shave today with Zoologist Nightingale which was in fact about 13hrs ago.

Now wearing Ozymandias for a 10hr night shift.​
0dAy2O1h.jpg

Soap: Pb The Blue Tansy
Brush: Vie Long Horse/Badger
Razor: Tanifuji
I find The Blue Tansy is quite soothing which I probably needed a strapping menthol this morning to wake me up. Caught myself twice on the chin (not bleeding just leaves a line). Otherwise great shave.(y)(y)(y)

Be still my beating heart. Two lovely Japanese straights posted one after the other. :wideyed:

Brush:maggards synth
Razor: Rockwell 6s (2)
Blade: 7 o'clock permasharp(3)
Soap: cella
Can almost see the bottom of the tub on the cella but it seems unfinishable atm.might drag out the 30mm brush for tommorow and see if I can kill it that way.

Really struggling to shake off this nasty cold :yuck: A nice SAS in the shower and now I'm going back to bed :bag: Happy shaves and belated birthday wishes to @Ferret619. Many happy returns champ (y) #blade_of_glory
Do you have someone to fetch you some soup (etc), Mate?
Don't be afraid to pipe-up if you need anything. Being house-bound sucks.

You need some extra Hot Toddy with a good strong belt of whisky ;):happy:

VeH8zID.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Thäter 2-band Bulb
Lather: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

Second shave with my new AS-D2 and again I prepared myself with some fantastic Mike's lather.

Again the shave was just sensational - close and wonderfully smooth. Just at the very end, I thought I feel some tugging by the blade and when I finished the shave, I decided to throw it. Taking it out of the razor, it barely touched my pinky and blood was gushing every where. I guess just to remind me, even a tugging Feather is still a Feather ;)

I wish you all have a terrific Thursday (y)(y)(y)

Do you have someone to fetch you some soup (etc), Mate?
Don't be afraid to pipe-up if you need anything. Being house-bound sucks.
Thanks for the thoughts but I've avoided leaving the house in fear of giving this nasty cold/flu/virus to loved ones. It's gotten that bad that I've litterally lost my voice and it's so warm here in Canberra that I can't really rest in bed :sick: Great for sweating the sickness out but not so great when your body temperature is all over the place :yuck: Sadly I'm too drugged up to try hard alcohol but give it another day or two and I'll try anything to get better!

Razor: Parker Variant Adjustable (1)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless blade (3)
Brush: Shavemac DO1 Americana shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge Shave Soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge Aftershave
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge EDP

Dialled the Parker back to one. Much more comfortable shave - but I feel like a sook! Still not happy with my technique on this.

Happy birthday for yesterday @Ferret619 !

Mark, check the blade alignment because even if it's just a little off, it'll behave badly! Same issues as the progress.

If all is ok, you may just have to adjust your angle as the handle needs to be more parallel to your face (I think this is referred to as a steep angle?).

Mark, check the blade alignment because even if it's just a little off, it'll behave badly! Same issues as the progress.

If all is ok, you may just have to adjust your angle as the handle needs to be more parallel to your face (I think this is referred to as a steep angle?).

I'm certain the razor is fine - it is the operator.

Handle parallel to my face? OK - been going the opposite way - will give that a go!

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Castle Forbes pre-shave gel
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Soap: OSP Peppermint and Rosemary
Blade: Vintage English Gillette Platinum White (1)
Splash: Le Père Lucien Traditional

Reading Alf tearing it up with the AS-D2 inspired me to grab mine off the shelf for a run. As Alf mentions, this razor pairs best with an extra sharp blade, so in went the Vintage Gillette Platinum. The OSP Peppermint and Rosemary, to me, is 99% peppermint and 1% rosemary, for which I am thankful. The peppermint provides a different skin sensation to menthol - more tingling and less cooling, but very pleasant indeed. If you have used hair conditioners with peppermint oil, you will know the sensation.
The Savile Row brush whipped up tonnes of beautiful lather, and three very comfortable passes later, I was at DFS+. My skin was feeling so good, and I had a heap of lather left, so why not - I happily buffed away until I was BBS :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.