Butterfly

WN62v7ml.jpg

Rockwell 6S (R2)
Polsilver
Maggards Synth
APR General Ledger
Thayers Lemon
APR Suitably Attired Summer

This was my third face shave in three days. It was the first time I have attempted shaving so many days in a row since switching to DE and would have started bleeding just by thinking of doing it with a cart.
Isn't the closest shave ever with R2 but it's good enough for me on a normal day and very minimal irritation.
Second Polsilver blade I've used and have to say they are one of my favourite's so far.

One blade/One Razor/One soap in February - Shave #22
Brush: RR 400
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Derby
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lather Bowl
Pre: PAA Cube
Soap: RR xXx

Shave #22 and I'm still yet to shake off this nasty cold (6 days later). A 3 pass SAS like the last 10 but still no nicks which is always nice. Really loving the soap but can't wait to return to something different. Almost feels like christmas counting down the days until the month is over and I can play with something nice and shinny. Happy shaves and hope you have a fabulous weekend! #blade_of_glory

I would not have believed how close and irritation free a straight blade shave could be when I first started out on this journey. Tonight a sensational blade, Russian 11/16" home brew soap and super smooth bowl lather from my Semogue 830.

Single pass that seriously feels like a BBS. :) Looking forward to Monday night now.

Razor: Parker Variant Adjustable (2)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless blade (5)
Brush: Shavemac DO1 Americana shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coeur de Vert Shave Soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coeur de Vert Aftershave
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coeur de Vert EDP

OK, I have to admit that sometimes, OK, often, I zone out while shaving. It happens but I'm not really concentrating as my mind is elsewhere.

That happened this morning. With the Parker Variant Adjustable. On setting 2.

The result - a really great shave!

So it really cannot be all that hard can it? What a smuck I was originally ...

C1D1E0C0-1A12-4DFD-8D68-BB7FA19BE048_zpssgyfwpqz.jpeg

Soap: Pb Copaiba
Brush: Omega 10083
Razor: Friodur Henckels 72
Very nice shave off the Henckels which I had on the stones last night. This blade had copped some abuse somewhere along the line with small chunks of blade missing at the nose and heel. Responds very well to some TLC.
@bald as this was as close as I ever get to being able to finish at one pass, could’ve got away with it today but another couple of passes seemed more appropriate, until the dreaded accidental downwards movement whilst going XTG under the nose. Didn’t feel it but saw it but thankfully very minor (hardly bled).
Postscript to yesterday: turns out Clary is an imposter!! (hence why I didn’t recognise the scent when I made it). What I’ve been calling Puck No:2 all along turns out is Puck No:1. Clary was modelled on Puck No:2 (actual recipe) but the scent profile I was after is Puck No:1. It’s the only soap I didn’t record the scent profile for. Anyway I think I worked it out yesterday as Puck No:1 scent was only two essential oils. So now I’ve just got to decide whether to give any Clary remake the new profile. About as riveting as a ‘Soap’?:) Stay tuned.......(so where is Puck No:2?)

Soap: Proraso red.
Brush :Semogue 1305
Razor: Parker 34R
Blade: Polsilver

Nice slick lather from the mug,steady one pass no drama bloodless DFS today.Starting to relax into my straight shaves,enjoying them rather than approaching with some trepidation.Getting my angles and hand placements worked out,knowing where I need to take things very easy and use short multiple strokes and where I can zip the blade in one relatively long movement. It is becoming a very Zen experience.
The Bengall is due home by Tuesday.

Date: 25 February 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Semogue 2000
Soap/Cream:- I Coloniali
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Frankenrazor:– Muhle R41 v2013 head with Rockwell Chrome handle
Blade:- Kai Stainless Steel #1
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Razor: Parker Variant Adjustable (2)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless blade (5)
Brush: Shavemac DO1 Americana shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coeur de Vert Shave Soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coeur de Vert Aftershave
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coeur de Vert EDP

OK, I have to admit that sometimes, OK, often, I zone out while shaving. It happens but I'm not really concentrating as my mind is elsewhere.

That happened this morning. With the Parker Variant Adjustable. On setting 2.

The result - a really great shave!

So it really cannot be all that hard can it? What a smuck I was originally ...
At the Sydney meet yesterday, we had a chance to check out the Parker adjustable thanks to @MrT - it is very impressive, nicely weighted and looks well finished. Glad to hear you're liking it now @Mark1966

One blade/One Razor/One soap in February - Shave #23
Brush: RR 400
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Derby
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lather Bowl
Pre: Shower + Barber Shoppe face wash
Soap: RR xXx

Didn't get much great sleep due to my annoying cold but the steady rain outside means I can try and get a quick nap this afternoon. A simple SAS for number #23. A few more days left and I can't wait to try something different, be it a slant, SB, OC, SB+OC or my Parker Variant with any blade bar Derby. Maybe I have the odd MingShit still in my collection... :unsure: Happy shaves! #blade_of_glory

ry224Pq.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Morris & Forndran Tigris
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

So after two great shaves with Feather blades, I decided to load my favourite Voskhods inti the AS-D2. I prepared the shave with some superb Stirling lather whipped up with the strong M&F brush and went for it.

The shave itself was really smooth, but not as close as with the Feather blade and I also had a bit of irritation - presumably from too much buffing...next stop Ladas.

I hope you all have a superb Sunday (y)(y)(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.