Not open for further replies.
cQES2gNl.jpg

Brush: Maggards synth
Soap: Stirling, MITA
Razor : Fat Boy
Blade: Astra SP

Getting ready for the heat wave​

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless 'Aussie Spoiler' (11)
Brush: Shavemac Americana shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge EDP

I love the feel of menthol in the mornings
[with apologies to Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore]

Have a great day guys

Ooo that reminds me I have some maggards samples in my box of fun!
(Plz don’t pervert Ferrets box of fun,K thanks)
What’s your feelings on the Maggards soap @Sticky
Don’t really hear a huge amount about it anymore

Ooo that reminds me I have some maggards samples in my box of fun!
(Plz don’t pervert Ferrets box of fun,K thanks)
What’s your feelings on the Maggards soap @Sticky
Don’t really hear a huge amount about it anymore
I'm assuming you mean the Stirling? This is the only one I have and the performance is really good. I love the scent of MITA, my only problem is I'm not a big menth fan but I'm trying to convince to enjoy the sensation as the rest of it is great and I think I'm getting there.

I'm assuming you mean the Stirling? This is the only one I have and the performance is really good. I love the scent of MITA, my only problem is I'm not a big menth fan but I'm trying to convince to enjoy the sensation as the rest of it is great and I think I'm getting there.
Haha pardon me, it’s early. Yes the Sterling, I’ll hand my fanboy card in on the way out.

I love the soap base and scents I have tried but haven’t tried a huge number of them (4-5) I found they are a little particular water content wise, have you found the same?

I haven’t tried the menthol in their range as I can take it or leave it and don’t really subscribe to the seasonal soap thing given the scents don’t last in the soaps and you can’t get the EDT reliably.

Haha pardon me, it’s early. Yes the Sterling, I’ll hand my fanboy card in on the way out.

I love the soap base and scents I have tried but haven’t tried a huge number of them (4-5) I found they are a little particular water content wise, have you found the same?

I haven’t tried the menthol in their range as I can take it or leave it and don’t really subscribe to the seasonal soap thing given the scents don’t last in the soaps and you can’t get the EDT reliably.
Indeed, I did find myself adding quite a bit of water this morning, a little at a time, but once I got it right it was very good.
This has a good strong scent that might linger for a while but, like you, the scent in soap has become less of a thing for me. Moving forward I could be quite happy using MWF and saving the scents for splash/EDT.
Having said that I really enjoyed this one today

Date: 06 January 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Stirling Finest Badger 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat 4x
Bowl:- Captain's Choice
Razor:- GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip
Blade:- GEM Personna SS PTFE Coated #4
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

Pre: Shower, man-towel and Cetaphil
Brush: Plissitane
Soap/Cream: @Pbgoose 'Copaiba'
Razor: Fatboy (5)
Blade: Gillette Platinum Plus (2)
Post-shave: APR Monsta Myrtle

Damn guys, if we end up with another soapmaker down here in @Pbgoose then we will honestly be spoilt for choice.

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Castle Forbes pre-shave gel
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Soap: I Coloniali
Razor: UFO Tornado / Colonial General
Blade: Feather Pro (3)
EdT: GFT Eucris

After initial struggles, I am starting to finally dial in a couple of well-credentialed Italian vegetable-base soaps - first Saponificio Varesino, and now I Coloniali. Lovely slick lather that performed very well indeed. Threes passes plus some buffing for a BBS result.

mwIy9Iol.jpg

Guerlain Les Delice De Bain Shower Gel
Guerlain Les Delices De Bain Body Lotion
Guerlain Les Delices De Bain Deodorant
Barrister & Mann Night Music
Maseto 30mm ED
Mühle Rocca R95 - Feather
Acqua Di Parma Collezione Barbiere Balm
Guerlain Santal Royal EdP

giphy.gif

VkfFaB5l.jpg

Brush: Simpsons PJ
Soap: APR, SAA
Razor: Ever Ready, 1912
Blade: Gem SS

If you have seen posts for the new PAA Starling, have never tried a Gem/ER type razor and are wondering what the fuss is about, you don't need buy the Starling. For a quarter of what it will cost you ( or less if you're lucky) you could pick up a vintage 1912. A great little razor and if the starling shaves as good as this people will rave about it. The SAA is great too of course​

Pre: Shower, man-towel and Cetaphil
Brush: Plissitane
Soap/Cream: @Pbgoose 'Copaiba'
Razor: Fatboy (5)
Blade: Gillette Platinum Plus (2)
Post-shave: APR Monsta Myrtle

Damn guys, if we end up with another soapmaker down here in @Pbgoose then we will honestly be spoilt for choice.
He does good huh!

Status
Not open for further replies.