Status
Not open for further replies.
JvBCUHG.jpg

Rocnel Elite
Feather
Declaration Grooming/Chatillon Lux
Declaration Grooming/Wolf Whiskers​

That @Mark1966 is using a cart :coffee:

He is way too 'fiscally prudent' to spend that kind of money shaving!

Its been years since I looked, but Im betting they run to $4-$5 a cart nowadays with all the 8 blade, multi-coloured, vibrating crap they heap onto them.

Its been years since I looked, but Im betting they run to $4-$5 a cart nowadays with all the 8 blade, multi-coloured, vibrating crap they heap onto them.
I remember checking recently in the supermarket... Indeed, Gillette Fusion (something or others) that I used to get are indeed $4-5 per cartridge and I used to go through 1 per week. So, roughly $260 per year for what was always a terrible shave.

That @Mark1966 is using a cart :coffee:

He is way too 'fiscally prudent' to spend that kind of money shaving!

OEM Sensor Excel twin blade carts. Buy in bulk via eBay for when I'm travelling. Cheap enough and used so little on only have to use for 5 shaves or so and can ditch!

OEM Sensor Excel twin blade carts. Buy in bulk via eBay for when I'm travelling. Cheap enough and used so little on only have to use for 5 shaves or so and can ditch!
FWIW, if I used a cart it would still be a Gillette Sensor Excel. They leave my skin better that the six blades monsters and with less irritation.

FWIW, if I used a cart it would still be a Gillette Sensor Excel. They leave my skin better that the six blades monsters and with less irritation.

... and they are cheaper!

Way cheaper for you now,right?
I would actually be happy to pay that... If it gave me a shave that didn't leave me with weeping sores and pizza face.
I'm not exaggerating. My (until recently) adult pizza-face can be traced back to my use of carts. Sure, *some* of that was likely technique. But I *still* can't get an acceptable shave out of any of them even to this day.

When I was using carts (and electrics, for that matter) I was spending roughly $2000 a year on products, procedures, and consultations to get my skin good enough so that I didn't look like a monster and it didn't constantly hurt. I've been doing this off-and-on since age ~15. I'm now almost 40.
I eventually decided to just grow a beard, which caused problems of its own as I was travelling to the US a lot and look middle-eastern. Let's just say that profiling is a thing.

So, what has DE shaving given me? About $2k per year in my pocket, removed my dependence on long-term medication and enabled me to visit an airport without being detained.

Was it worth it? Yes.
Will I go back to carts? Hell No.

Razor: Gillette Sensor Excel
Blade: EOM Sensor Excel twin blade cart
Brush: Muhle Synthetic Travel Brush
Soap/Cream: D R Harris Windsor shave stick
Aftershave: N/A

My 'Pork Chop' sample was damaged on the flight to Perth so only had a little drop left. I have a drop of CdV but am saving it for day where other people are involved. Today is just flying, Albany - Perth - Melbourne. Effectively my 'day off' and time to catch up on emails.

You get to see all the sights when travelling for work. This is a rock. It looks like a dog. It is - Dog Rock, Albany WA

Bet you are jealous!
In fact, I am!
Albany is a wonderful town, with a beautiful coastline and beaches. Great fishing, too! It has some lovely restaurants, and excellent vineyards/wines.
It has also become a focal point for local distilling, with some premium whisky, gin and other spirits on offer and highly rated.

@todras will be projectile vomiting looking at my SOTD today.

I'm green with envy, AdP Colonia is the perfect spring/summer fragrance!

The only thing that could that improve that picture would be a brush with more colours than an ethnic teen disco!

In fact, I am!
Albany is a wonderful town, with a beautiful coastline and beaches. Great fishing, too! It has some lovely restaurants, and excellent vineyards/wines.
It has also become a focal point for local distilling, with some premium whisky, gin and other spirits on offer and highly rated.

So I believe - but I was just in and out for work!

The locals keep telling me I should visit with my wife :)

Razor: Gillette Sensor Excel
Blade: EOM Sensor Excel twin blade cart
Brush: Muhle Synthetic Travel Brush
Soap/Cream: D R Harris Windsor shave stick
Aftershave: APR Coeur de Vert sample

No rocks or dogs in sophisticated Melbourne, or at least not in the Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre.

Bendigo here I come!

29m4ztg.jpg

EJ DE89 w/ Gillette Nacet
Yaqi Tuxedo
B&M Reserve Fern
General Ledger Splash

Soap and splash is my favourite combo. I have never tried the Fern splash or the GL soap so I dunno if the end results would be the same there but why mess with a good thing! Can anyone recommend a fragrance that would pair with this?

Thanks to @lerenau for the Nacet! It felt just like the Polsilver first past, but I did one two many passes and got a bit of a raw upper lip. I'll have a few more goes before passing judgement

and enabled me to visit an airport without being detained.
It's always the 'innocent' looking ones isn't it.:) (Readjusting profile analysis).
One of the ministers at our church is an electrical engineer by trade and was going to a mission field with electrical components for a solar installation. Only problem is some of the components fitted security's risk profile and he is now on a national watch list.:ROFLMAO: I think he's still a reference on some of my documentation. I have had to have National Security checks for adoption purposes so I'm sure the 'contact network' is being recorded. And now you!!.............. This whole forum is a front for something more sinister right?:censored:

HAJnEIkl.jpg

Soap: Mike's- Barber Shop
Brush: Semogue 1800
Razor: Gillette Slim (7)
Blade: Dorco Prime (1)
AS: APR General Ledger
Thanks @RustyBlade for the Primes. Nice blade, very happy with the shave. I will have to use both the ST301 and the STP301 a bit more as I couldn't tell the difference off this one shave. I would happily buy 100 of these and probably will given their price.
Mikes lathered and performed well. I'm interested to do a shave with a straight with Mike's to see how it goes. Lather shot from test lather last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.