Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
kkIxfZil.jpg

Soap: PAA Metar Nectar (sample)
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Gillette Rocket
Blade: Feather (2)
BBS off this combo but just slightest irritation off the feather. The Nacet blade has still been the best pair with this razor for me so far.

Brilliant. Heaps of easy lather and it didn't escape. Sits well in the hand and the handle locks it in comfortably. For my 30mm brush this bowl is the perfect size and I'm very happy. It's probably overkill for a 20mm knot.
That's great to hear. One of the reasons I'm looking forward to the bigger bowl is the design of my TF brush doesn't agree with my Bronze Warrior bowl in that it keeps hitting the rim and ringing like a bell so I have to adjust lathering slightly for that brush unless I want to alert the house that I'm shaving.:LOL:

Date: 22 March 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Black Beehive 30/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ Shamrock Tweed 5x
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor:- Muhle Rocca R96
Blade:- Gillette Nacet #5
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

Mondial Florence
Semogue 1305
Bengall
Witch Hazel
Nivea Men
Viet Cheap'n'Smelly

Nice two passes with the Bengall,apart from two small "howthefuckdidthathappen" weepers,one under the nose and another on the grandest chin in the world.Seriously,Kirk Douglas has but a small and delicate protuberance compared to mine.Still having some difficulties navigating it's varied and vast angles but I manage.Have no choice really.Technically there is no such thing as two passes in that area,more a multitude of differing approaches and strokes.It surprises me that after all is done,that there is no irritation and that there is any skin left there at all.

WVikmig.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Parker Variant on 2.5 - kindly loaned by @Mark1966
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Shavemac ATG 2017 LE
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

Another very nice shave with the Variant on 2.5 - this time with a Voskhod blade. I felt, I had to work a tad harder, than with the Ladas - but the shave was still very enjoyable and the end result very smooth - the fantastic Stirling lather certainly helped.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday (y)

uTsCm0xl.jpg

Brush: Zenith Low Loft Boar
Razor: New LC on EJ Handle
Blade: English Wilky
Soap: TFS Pinup 'Mattino'
A/S: Floid Vigoroso

First use of the Zenith Boar. To say I'm impressed would put it mildly, shampooed, one test lather and a real lather and tips are already starting to split. The aluminium handle is awesome as well, so much better than those chromed ABS handles from Omega.

Brush: Proraso (Omega)
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Merkur
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Shave Factory mug
Pre: Shower / Barber Shoppe face wash
Soap: EJ Menthol soap puck

Another comfortable shave with one of my favourite razors. I love the consistent shaves it gives me and tonight's experience was no different. A 3 pass DFS in the shower after a long and eventful day - who wouldn't like that :whistle: Have a great Friday and happy shaves!

Gillette Rocket "Parat"
Gillette New Super Silver 1972 @ 10
P&C Spiceless Old Spice
Old Spice Knockoff from Family Dollar

I befuddled myself this morning, I was shaving with my Superspeed '53 until I noticed that I was actually holding my Rocket Parat :-/ Not 2 or 3 strokes, 2 entire passes loll I might have breathed too much aftershave fume.

E39SAz7l.jpg

Soap: Wickhams English Lavender (Sample)
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Bengall
I didn't like the scent of the English Lavender at all but don't know how old this sample is so maybe that's got something to do with it. It performed very well with the Bengall for a DFS.
The shedding on the Zenith has slowed down so maybe it will live longer than I thought which I don't mind at all as I love this brush.

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless blade (6)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch distressed Culmak, reknotted with TGN Finest
Soap/Cream: Officina Profumo - Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella Firenze, Crema da Barba
Aftershave: Officina Profumo - Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella Firenze, Lozione dopo Barba - Tabacco Toscano
Fragrance: Miller Harris feuilles de tabac EDP

Same, same - but so nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.