Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Snooze I have read a lot of good reviews on Ralf Aust blades and good pricing too.That looks like the 6/8?
Yeah it is a nice blade - I bought it from BST on a USA forum along with the Hart Steel. It was sold as a 5/8 but I admit I haven't measured it! The Hart Steel is a more impressive razor to be honest - 6/8 and much heavier blade, more like a wedge to shave with.

Mondial Florence
Semogue 1800
Bengall
Witch Hazel
VCS

No pic as daughter using phone and such a drama to get it for 1 minute :rolleyes:
Steady two pass ok shave.Mondial lathered well with the new boar and quicker shave today than usual.The Bengall is a no nonsense, get stuck into it razor that does the job it is supposed to yet still a pleasure to use.Good steel and there is something about the unknown history of old straights that is somehow a little bit cool.

IMAG0061.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: WCS SB & WCS titanium 84mm handle
Blade: Astra
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lather bowl
Pre: Shower / PAA Cube
Soap: APR Coolabah LE
Post: Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / PAA Atomic travel aftershave

A super smooth near BBS on 2 days growth with the multi-coloured razor/handle combo from West Coast Shaving. Lots of creamy lather in the trusty bowl and the larger knot from the PAA brush felt wonderful on my skin. Only complaint was some slight itching on my skin after applying the preshave but that cleared up with no issues afterwards, so all in all a pleasant shave :) Have a great weekend and happy shaves!

the ADP Colonia et al have a few more weeks to run I think ;)

Not in my neck of the woods they don't... 5 months is about my limit of citrus monsters. I need depth, moss, woods, nuance and subtlety in my fragrances even if it's just a mild transition away from warm weather with the cooler mornings.

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Castle Forbes pre-shave gel
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus
Soap: Plisson
Razor: Gillette Slim (4)
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword French Brown (1)
Scent: Caron Le 3' Homme

Three passes for a DFS+.

PexBpgk.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Parker Variant on 2.0 kindly loaned by @Mark1966
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Paladin Chief Strawberry Amber
Lather: Mike's Lime
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

Last shave with the Variant today and unfortunately also a bit rushed. The shave was nice and smooth - as I expected with the Voskhod on 2, but the razor still bit me on the chin...

Most likely the last Lime day for me this season and the Mike's lather was just stellar - I hope you all have a wonderful weekend (y)

PexBpgk.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Parker Variant on 2.0 kindly loaned by @Mark1966
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Paladin Chief Strawberry Amber
Lather: Mike's Lime
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

Last shave with the Variant today and unfortunately also a bit rushed. The shave was nice and smooth - as I expected with the Voskhod on 2, but the razor still bit me on the chin...

Most likely the last Lime day for me this season and the Mike's lather was just stellar - I hope you all have a wonderful weekend (y)
Oooooh you poor baby @alfredus, because you got bitten on the chin by a Parker Variant Adjustable razor.

Have a baby porkchop @alfredus, and don't worry @Mark1966 will kiss you on the chin to make it better :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

sXasgrh.jpg

vdUffSol.jpg

Brush: Semogue 620
Soap: B&M, Cologne Russe
Razor: Supreme Razor Co, Superman
Blade: Gem SS

Ouch! I'm not sure a mere mortal should use a Superman razor. I twisted the handle so the comb lifted to its mildest setting but the comb curves down either side causing a couple of nicks on my first and only pass. I could probably bend the comb but I have heard this is common with this razor, probably because of the thin mettle pushed up from the centre so I will leave it be and keep it as a collectors item. Still, interesting experience and finished up with the Streamline.
Enjoy your Sunday​

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless blade (8)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Smpson '46' reknotted in pure
Soap/Cream: Martin de Candre Original shave soap
Balm: TSW After Balm
Aftershave: Pitralon 'Swiss' splash
Fragrance: Penahligon's Halfeti EDC

Well with the wife away I could take a little time this morning, a very enjoyable experience

The MdC whipped up a treat as you can see - Lather Shots

Overall a wonderful experience

GaJRBQch.jpg

Soap: Pb Clary (lather shot)
Brush: 26mm Epsilon Horse
Razor: Boker
Bowl: Bronze Warrior
Das what I'm talkin' about right there......in the days of cartridge using I'd never give shaving a thought until I had to fork out for the multi blade cartridge pack (Gillette Fusion). This is the sort of shave I look forward to now, and it's all good, a whole lot more expensive so.... mostly all good.:)
I still haven't taken the Fusion out of my travel pack after getting into DE's, SE's and straights some two years ago and I'm tempted to give it a run to see what shaving used to be like, but I'm having too much fun and still can't find the bottom of the rabbit hole.:watching:

Status
Not open for further replies.