Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another clear example where a modern razor stands head and shoulders above prime vintage. Now let the RAD take hold.

Where is that ban stick!

Wash your mouth out heretic. Just wait till you try those vintage blades and experience the joys of old school (y)

Date: 12 April 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- La Toja (3 shave sticks grated into a 150ml plastic tub)
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacet #4
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

My tenant is going to vacant my unit on the 26th this month so I'll be painting my whole unit before getting new carpet put in, and then the new furniture will be included so I'll be able to move into my own unit hopefully in the middle of May since the house will be going to Auction on the 5th May. My father is in the Sydney Clinic is a private mental health hospital undergoing Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), formerly known as electroshock therapy to overcome his Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) from Vietnam war, getting a divorce and a suicide attempt, and my mother is getting very emotional selling the house and she going through counselling as well since she's been mental abuse for more than 50 years.

Razor: Vintage Gillette British NEW head on a Weber classic handle
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (2)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch distressed Culmak reknotted with TGN Finest
Soap/Cream: Acqua di Palma Colonia shaving soap
Aftershave: Acqua di Palma Colonia splash
Fragrance: Acqua di Palma Colonia EDC

I wanted something different to the les généraux du grand livre and was casting my eye around the bathroom. Hmmm, I think I might have succeeded - very different, and ohhh, so nice.

Hang on, maybe I should simply say -

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Brush: Vintage butterscotch distressed Culmak reknotted with TGN Finest
Soap/Cream: Acqua di Palma Colonia shaving soap
Aftershave: Acqua di Palma Colonia splash
Fragrance: Acqua di Palma Colonia EDC

I wanted something different to the les généraux du grand livre and was casting my eye around the bathroom. Hmmm, I think I might have succeeded - very different, and ohhh, so nice.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

@Mark1966 are you getting too old to be too sexy??

Last edited:

Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic

My tenant is going to vacant my unit on the 26th this month so I'll be painting my whole unit before getting new carpet put in, and then the new furniture will be included so I'll be able to move into my own unit hopefully in the middle of May since the house will be going to Auction on the 5th May. My father is in the Sydney Clinic is a private mental health hospital undergoing Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), formerly known as electroshock therapy to overcome his Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) from Vietnam war, getting a divorce and a suicide attempt, and my mother is getting very emotional selling the house and she going through counselling as well since she's been mental abuse for more than 50 years.

I hope this steps forward bring some positive change for you man. Good luck

2sM628i.jpg

Chatillon Lux Pre Shave Butter
Morris & Forndran 3XL
ATT R1/UFO
Feather
SS+Chatillon Lux Delor de Treget Soap
Chatillon Lux Delor de Treget Salve/Splash

So what are you saying? There was no teenage girl hacker? It was you?

1so2ds.jpg

Rockwell 6S (R3) w/ Gillette 7 o'clock.
Semouge 830
Stirlings Executive Man soap
Floids Black aftershave
TSW aftershave balm

Loving the smell. TBH the few times I have used the soap I have thought "meh". Having a splash to pair with it makes a big difference.

Thought I would try a new blade. Was not a big fan of the 7 o'clock. Felt it thought a bit rough. I'll keep it in for two more goes.

1so2ds.jpg

Rockwell 6S (R3) w/ Gillette 7 o'clock.
Semouge 830
Stirlings Executive Man soap
Floids Black aftershave
TSW aftershave balm

Loving the smell. TBH the few times I have used the soap I have thought "meh". Having a splash to pair with it makes a big difference.

Thought I would try a new blade. Was not a big fan of the 7 o'clock. Felt it thought a bit rough. I'll keep it in for two more goes.

Nice shave :)

If you ever want an affordable Aventus clone, without the $400 price tag then DUA Fragrances does a GCMS clone/recreation that is very good by all accounts. I'm not sure which specific batch they dupe but at the price it's worth considering if you like the Aventus fruit thing.

This outfit was the same group that was doing the perfumes for 'The Club' for a while there, their Creed Millesime clone was almost identical to one of the original batches.

I hope this steps forward bring some positive change for you man. Good luck
My sentiments as well.Hoping that all goes well for you @SpeedyPC .

Thanks, :unsure: I cannot believe it's happening so soon and fast because I've been too busy going through my counselling with the VVCS which starts today at 1:30 pm, I'm having a very bad bumpy ride going back and forth.

Lifeline Australia 13 11 14.

That's heavy Jason!! I hope everything goes well and gets back on track for your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.