Status
Not open for further replies.
Date:- 26 August 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Asian Plum
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 38C / Gillette 7 O'Clock Black Super Platinum #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

Head shave and clean up around a beard... well the makings of one anyway.
Pre: Warm Shower
Razor: Karve OC-C
Razor: DC Blades -Gentlemans' Monkey
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (1)
Brush: TF Custom handle with a Whipped Dog boar knot
Soap: Face Fat G,L&B
WTG, XTG, ATG & clean up of the beard edges.
I was a little worried heading into this shave as there may have been a couple glasses of red consumed before hand. With the dutch courage on board, managed to complete about 90% of the head shave and most of the beard edging with the straight. The karve finished out the rest, awesome combo.
SOTD%2026-8-19.jpg

i do not believe he has a shop front to test / smell and i do not believe any retailer has the product.
Not a problem. Just looking for The Next Big Thing! My father is a long retired Research Chemist. I've talked to him about making soap but haven't pursued it. I am curious to see it done.
Every now and again P&C members organize a 'meet up' in each city.. if you want to smell before you buy maybe best to wait for the melbourne meet up and ask a member to bring one along if they have one.
A soap pass around is great for that, too. One small scoop from a tub gives enough for a couple lathers and scent. My travel plans are still nebulous. If there's a Melbourne Meet I will try to be there. A swap session could be fun.
MensBiz (there are two stores in Melbourne) has goodies to see, hold and sniff.
The Australian Natural Soap Company also has two stores in Melbourne
Opened a search tab, looking close at those two. Thanks!
I "think" Beard & Blade might also allow walk-ins by appointment.
Nice to see you on here Rick!!
Thanks Steve!. I was referred by an Australian TSD member who shall remain nameless, unless he wants to take the blame. Good group here. They are pointing me towards some local products I hope to pick up when I take my visit to see the new grandchild.

Final use of the soap as this one is DUN

IHkES7Ml.jpg

Broke out the 6S for the first time in months. R5 plate with fresh Gillette Platinum. Was very mindful of pressure and to not buff excessively. Ended up with a great shave but 3 very small spots of blood. Nothing major nor life threatening but boy can I feel the blade!

Felt slightly raw after the splash so put a bit of balm on to help soothe this. Now feeling great!

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: GC JAWS
Blade: Polsilver (2)
Brush: Omega Boar
Soap: B&M Reserve Lavender

After ydays failed attempt at making B&M lather, I decided to trust in google and wow what a difference. Such an amazing lather and post shave feel. To me the smell is amazing and it pairs extremely well with APR florian. Looking forward to trying this with my favourite floral scent, LaVioletta.

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: GC JAWS
Blade: Polsilver (2)
Soap: B&M Reserve Lavender

After ydays failed attempt at making B&M lather, I decided to trust in google and wow what a difference. Such an amazing lather and post shave feel. To me the smell is amazing and it pairs extremely well with APR florian. Looking forward to trying this with my favourite floral scent, LaVioletta.
Feels good when it comes right.

Razor: RR Baby Smooth Al
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (3)
Pre: Shower + Nivea Face Wash
Soap: Caties Bubbles Irish Coffee

A quick pre-work shave. Nice and easy with little fuss... Happy shaves!

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth 2019 P&C Auction Custom Gold/Pearl Manchurian 2 Band Finest 24mm Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Group Captains Blend shaving soap
Razor: Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (3)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Group Captains Blend splash
Fragrance: N/A

Forgot to set alarm, slept in, breakfast meeting, did the same as yesterday - no shame and no disappointment!

TxD6S5Kl.jpg

K4Sf4X3.gif

Casual Elegance Hearthside sugar bowl of Frankensoap
2019 TSD 30 Day Crew Meet Up LE brush, SynBad knot
Ceramic Suribachi bowl and cool tap water
Gillette Slim (H2) on setting Nine, Voskhod DE blade
English Leather After Shave Lotion, circa 1999 or later

Bunch of old stuff with the exception of the brush all came together for a very pleasant 3.5 pass DFS. The sugar bowl has ends, pieces, & scrapes of at least 4 kinds of soap. Been long enough I don't recall which ones. I've found near a dozen of these adjustable Gillettes in the wild. Traded away all but this scrubby old Slim and my first Fat Boy. I didn't think the Slims gave as good of shave as the 195's until this particular one.

Date:- 27 August 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Vie-Long Synth. Silvertip Extra Soft Faux Horn 27/52mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Asian Plum
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB SS 'C' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Lagerfeld Classic

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: RazoRock Game Changer with .84 head & Barber pole handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Tabac original
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard

IMG-4781.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.