Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
MtbxjNp.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Sir Irisch Moos
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: NOS Wilkinson Sword 'French Brown' (1)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, Musgo Real Aftershave Balm
Scent: Floris No 89

The Wilkie French brown blade was every bit as sharp as its fellow French Gillette Nacet blade, but didn't give me any irritation.
Beautiful lather from the Irisch Moos, and I really enjoy its rich yet fresh scent.
Three passes, and I am BBS and grinning.

Final use of the soap as this one is DUN

IHkES7Ml.jpg

Broke out the 6S for the first time in months. R5 plate with fresh Gillette Platinum. Was very mindful of pressure and to not buff excessively. Ended up with a great shave but 3 very small spots of blood. Nothing major nor life threatening but boy can I feel the blade!

Felt slightly raw after the splash so put a bit of balm on to help soothe this. Now feeling great!

Is the 6S still on the chopping block?

Rockwell 6S@R6 w/Polsilver
Yaqi two band
Face Fat - Lavender
Vitamin E oil

I'm so over the hype of soaps now!!
This soap didn't do anything better than any of my other soaps.

Having said that, it's a really nice soap and the lavender wasn't overpowering when lathered up.

20190829-103345-1.jpg

Last edited:
Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: RR Mamba
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (5)
Pre: Shower + Nivea Face Wash
Soap: Tilley Australia Lemongrass Soap

Another quick pre-work SAS. Super smooth and refreshing. Next shave will be Monday when I hope to try my first shave with an SE... Happy shaves!

Date:- 29 August 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Barbiere Sofisticato
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Game Changer .84 / NOS Wizamet Super Iridium #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tabac Cologne

Boring electric.

Not sure it even deserves any more description... just had to admit defeat when running late and needing to squeeze in a shave

My first razor given to me as a teenager was a Remington electric (I've still got it). It has a 110/240 voltage selector switch which was on receipt unbeknownst to me set on the 110 volt setting. The razor ran like it was on steroids (a lot of vibration and noise) but not knowing any better (I'd never used one of these things before so didn't know how it should sound or perform) proceeded to shave. After completing my first shave, which resembled some chainsaw massacre due to some blood loss and cleared the room of smoke, I then discovered that the razor was in fact on the wrong voltage setting. That was my introduction to shaving. I was visiting Melbourne at the time.

Moral of the story is - If your electric razor shave is boring, try running it on the 110 volt setting.:ROFLMAO: (applicable to Australia and where 240v home voltage is standard only)

Last edited:
Next shave will be Monday when I hope to try my first shave with an SE...
Exciting times! Which blade holder will you use?
Boring electric.

Not sure it even deserves any more description... just had to admit defeat when running late and needing to squeeze in a shave
Universal Karma balanced with @Razor Burn's anticipated shave.

Pre: shower
Soap: MdC Fougere
Brush: Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Karve SS with C plate
Blade: Derby extra (2)

Tremendously thick and slick MdC lather after a good 30 seconds of loading up. Makes it tough since the soap is filled right to the brim of the container but worth doing. Definitely a top soap worthy of its accolades...

Tremendously thick and slick MdC lather after a good 30 seconds of loading up. Makes it tough since the soap is filled right to the brim of the container but worth doing. Definitely a top soap worthy of its accolades...
I have MdC Fougere sitting in the draw. I look forward to using it.

Hoping to pick some up soon, my folks are on holiday in France, very close to MdC...

No pic today as was in a mega rush after both kids slept in. First time in forever.

Charcoal Goods, LVL 1, SS. Needed to be able to run the razor over quickly
Simpsons M6, Best. Great little brush
Valobra, menthol. I hadn't used this in a while and put next to no effort in the lather, yet was happily surprised. Good slickness, but little cushion. However, that was down to me, not necessarily the croap.

Hoping to pick some up soon, my folks are on holiday in France, very close to MdC...
Not sure what the cost would be in local currency, but delivered from Maggards is about $130 AUD. Or from the fellas at vshod $99.99.
I have MdC Fougere sitting in the draw. I look forward to using it.
It really is a great soap. I’ve read some people get irritation from using it regularly so hopefully I’m not one of them. We need a MdC month challenge.

The MdC will last you forever and it’s a triple mill hard soap, did you get the 200g or 50g glass jar.

The MdC will last you forever and it’s a triple mill hard soap, did you get the 200g or 50g glass jar.
its the 200g glass jar.
I bought it from someone on here and it broke my damn 2018 sabattical. Then i obliterated it from then on...

I also think its relatively soft in that it could easily be scooped out unlike say a D.R. Harris triple milled puck. But yes, i understand these to last a very long time. If i can manage 1gm per shave, 200 shaves i'd be happy. I'm thinking of doing a month at a time though....

Status
Not open for further replies.