Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
9q78MqFl.jpg

With spring imminent what better time to bust out some Martin de Candre Fougere??

I don’t think I’ll ever be one of those “6 swirls of the brush” lather producing guys. Give it a solid 30 seconds of loading.

Pur-fek-chion

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth 2019 P&C Auction Custom Gold/Pearl Manchurian 2 Band Finest 24mm Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (3)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve Fenchurch splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve Fenchurch EDP

While @tim33z is thinking Spring is coming - it is still winter here in CBR, so the Fenchurch was perfect !

f3zeB1Gl.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Brush: Omega Boar
Soap: A&E Grecian Horse

Was gonna shave with the 6C today for my mild shave day, but came across a forum topic where users were praising the R41 + Astra SP combo.. had to try it, didn’t quite work for me as it wasn’t as smooth as others have experienced.. not a bad shave at all, but not as smooth as a the polsilvers or even the feather in the R41. Still a bloody great shave, super close BBS and loving it (y)

48632736267_dcf4946271_b.jpg

Brush: Omega Boar
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (4)
Pre: Shower + Nivea Face Wash
Soap: Periera's Activated Charcoal Soap

A somewhat rough shave that left me with a few weepers and mild irritation. I will put off having anoother shave for a few days so I can try out the Sabre SE :nailbiting: Happy shaves!

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Gillette Fatboy D4 (5)
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge Blades
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron, The Warden
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.

IMG-4782.jpg

Date:- 28 August 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Barbiere Sofisticato
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Brass 'C' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #3
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss Intense

WOW! :wideyed::grumpy::arghh: The Spoiler has come to a dead-end, this is the first vintage blade has turned into a dud completely lost the blade edge after my third shave, I used to get 15 fantastic maximum shaves with the Gillette Spoiler with my Brass Karve using C & D base plate without any issue.

IMG-20190828-071122-01.jpg

Mmmm. My first software pairing purchased in 2019. This is an absolute winner on scent and efficacy. Didn't like the milky consistency of the aftershave but worked well and my wife can smell it 8 hours later.

Seriously. Wow. What a great buy. Thanks Stray Whisker.

Yep that scent is amazing!!

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Semogue - Excelsior 1460
Soap: Stirling - Coniferous
Razor: Razorock JAWS OC - Radio Knob Handle
Blade: Polsilver #6
Post-shave: Ogalalla Bay Rum Limes & Peppercorn

Still trialing the JAWS and enjoying every shave, the Polsilver appears to be a good pairing although it is the only blade I have used, so no comparison.
Changed handles this morning and prefer the Radio Knob over Super Knurled. Still perfecting the technique and highlighting constraints.
+ Riding the cap on flat surfaces and long strokes is perfect. Very efficient and smooth. After 5 days the blade still feels as sharp as day 1.
- Using the teeth to indicate when a change in direction/angle is required but still a bit rigid compared to more agile razors
IMHO and YMMV - a very good contender for "Best in Den" because the blades last long and stay sharp, smooth close shave, more agile than some.

ix11oMT.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Rockwell 6C (R5)
Blade: Polsilver (2)
Brush: Yaqi Silvertip Badger
Soap: B&M Lavender

The 6C got a call up off the bench this morning, decided on a mild R5 plate and went for it. Went for a mild shave with the R5 plate on the 6C. Nice for a change and a pleasant shave, achieved BBS 3 passes.

A special mention for the B&M reserve lavender soap, such a soft, creamy, slick and protective lather. The smell off the puck is real nice but it really opens up once you start lathering. I am so impressed I purchased another one this morning J

Happy shaves people!!!

48638905182_e8c7382489_c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.