Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am confident you will like it, once you get the water/soap ratio correct you will find a very slick and protective lather

just make sure you load it up well and keep water to a bare minimum. Start to lather on your face (or bowl if you prefer) and get a nice thick (dryish) lather.. From here just dip the tips of your brush with water and proceed to spread the water around with your brush and continue to add water (bit by bit) until the lather gets super slick

good luck
Will do Stratman, thanks for the advice

Brush: Proraso Omega
Razor: Parker Variant (2, 1.5)
Blade: Feather (2)
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Pereira's Destructible Shaving Bowl
Soap: Declaration Grooming Trismegris
Post: Thayers Aloe & Lemon Witch Hazel // Proraso white balm

Quick and efficient SOTD after 3 days growth. Love this soap & feather blade pairs excellently with the Variant... Happy shaves!

go0SgMo.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman WR1 SB-P WRH2 SS
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Hucklaration
Lather: Mystic Water Lime
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Last shave of 2019 at home, and what a perfect shave it was!

Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season and a fantastic start into 2020 (y)

SOTD 18 Dec
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: RazoRock Game Changer with .84 head & Barber pole handle
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Rover lathering bowl
Brush: YAQI Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic Tuxedo Knot
Soap: Razorock Blue Barbershop
Just leaving Ushuaia, Argentina and on our way down to Antartica. Internet access will be limited so no regular SOTD posts.
]
15-B97-D76-3139-4759-A939-C5-BEDFF6-DC77.jpg

]
6-BF1-A4-A2-8-EBF-4496-A989-E6-A200-DFA1-C0.jpg

Enjoy it mate. I'll actually be back south next summer (to the peninsula and islands around, like you, but for counting whales :) )

wz2UDn3.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap,Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Three-band Silvertip Briar
Cream: DR Harris Eucalyptus
Razor: UFO Tornado / Wolfman WR1
Blade: NOS Gillette Super Silver (4)
Scent: Penhaligon's Castile

A speedy shave prior to a family Christmas Lunch. The DR Harris cream was a generous PIF from @RazorPlay at the recent Perth meetup.

A very close shave, but I was rushing and gave myself a nasty nick on the chin - those Super Silver blades take no prisoners when carelessly weilded. The alum block came to my rescue.

mWdrRzEl.jpg

Brush: Omega 83
Razor: EJ 3one6
Blade: Feather (1)
Soap: Mine - V6 Rosemary and Menthol
A/S: Saponificio Varesino Stella Alpina

Lovely shave today. Great performance as expected form the SV aftershave, but the scent was a surprise, very nice and long lasting.

I shaved with my travel kit in Krakow, not interesting in an of itself. Some pics to fill the space instead -

tiEe0Ezm.jpg
fG4LRgwm.jpg

Best light we had all day -

wD7iAUWm.jpg

Recreation of barbershop from 1940s in the Oscar Schindler Museum exhibition -

DMMYcTtm.jpg

and of course a burger -

qhJJ4U0m.jpg

OOROGO5l.jpg

The brass Karve has been calling my name and wanting to be used lately, so I gave in today with the B plate for a mild, albeit rushed shaved. Only went with 2 passes and no touch up for a result somewhere between SAS and CCS.

Still applauding the balm by Zingari Man. Three pumps of the nozzle and it’s enough to cover the mug.

Reason for rushing: went for a quick run before the heat returns in Melbourne later today.

OOROGO5l.jpg

The brass Karve has been calling my name and wanting to be used lately, so I gave in today with the B plate for a mild, albeit rushed shaved. Only went with 2 passes and no touch up for a result somewhere between SAS and CCS.

Still applauding the balm by Zingari Man. Three pumps of the nozzle and it’s enough to cover the mug.

Reason for rushing: went for a quick run before the heat returns in Melbourne later today.
Pretty warm here to in Adelaide, I went out @5am and it was 36.7 already

Pre: Cool Shower
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Feather
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo 26mm
Soap: Stirling Blu

After the bike ride into work this morning in 35C at 6am there was no way I was having a hot shower. Gillette Slim with a feather gave an excellent comfortable shave, started on 5, went up to 7 then 8. Gave the Stirling Blu soap another go to confirm if there was something wrong with this specific soap v my new Stirling soap. Can say without doubt there is nothing wrong with the Blu, got an excellent super slick lather from this soap, i really do love Stirling soaps!!

49244513031_116c6e8b3a_b.jpg

k4tUp7S.jpg

WWB + Maggard SHD 24mm
Merkur 34c
Feather (2)
Wholly Kaw - King of Oud
Wholly Kaw - King of Oud toner

No crazy temperatures on the GC. Christmas party at work today

Edit: We are going to a Japanese place. “Okawari” means refill please:LOL:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.