Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Date:- 20 December 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Bay Rum
Razor/Blade:- Gillette US Red Tip / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

Pre: cool bath to relax - had been working in the Man Cave and it's 48c in there.
Brush: Yaqi Space Chrome synthetic Pony - Normally I prefer my natural badgers but I really love this brush. Need to get my hands on some real pony hair to try out me thinks.
Razor: Rockwell 6S plate No#4
Blade: Personna Platinum/Israeli reds
Soap: Gillette "Pure" gel - I don't care about not lathering gels...this one does nicely and goes a long way with a bit of water
Post: Witch Hazel with Tea Tree and AS was traditional Bay Rum

Brush: Proraso Omega
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4 plate)
Blade: Feather (3)
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Pereira's Destructible Shaving Bowl
Soap: Captain's Choice 45th Parallel sample - thanks @Kaeckerut
Post: Thayers Aloe & Lemon Witch Hazel // Proraso white balm

A fabulous DFS with this sample. If you enjoy cherry cola than this scent is for you. A very good performing soap and I would happily add a tub to my den. Finished off with some Proraso white balm... Happy shaves!

Sending my prays and well wishes to all the brave fireries and emergency service personnel risking their lives to keep us all safe in these troubling times!

We decided not to take photos at Auschwitz or Auschwitz II-Birkenau, the tourists with selfie sticks under the "Arbeit macht frei" gate seemed just wrong but I had to take these couple from Auschwitz II-Birkenau just to show the scale. We must never forget.

KadMdS0l.jpg

qKV6y5dl.jpg

The camp stretches to the trees in the background, and this photo was taken from behind the first row of barracks.

ZdQaMyll.jpg

Pre: Cold water 'n Goats milk soap wash & Beard Oil.
Razor: Rockwell 6S plate No#4
Blade: Personna Platinum/ Israeli red (2)
Brush: No name silver tip badger
Soap: Proraso Red
AS: Nelum Sandalwood lotion. New AS for me and a nice gentle scent

q1oCTYc.jpg

Prep: A2 Platinum toddler milk 3... to put my one year old back to sleep + wet face (cold tap water)
Brush: WWB + Maggard SHD 24mm
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Feather (3)
Lather: B&M Dickens Revisited

Excellent shave this morning. Everyone else in the house still asleep. Loaded the brush heavy with lots of water and got a great face lather. I boil water in a kettle and put it in the bowl to really heat up and rinse the razor/blade during the shave. 3 passes, WTG and 2 x XTG.

Have a great weekend !

We decided not to take photos at Auschwitz or Auschwitz II-Birkenau, the tourists with selfie sticks under the "Arbeit macht frei" gate seemed just wrong but I had to take these couple from Auschwitz II-Birkenau just to show the scale. We must never forget.

KadMdS0l.jpg

qKV6y5dl.jpg

The camp stretches to the trees in the background, and this photo was taken from behind the first row of barracks.

ZdQaMyll.jpg
And yet some dangerous people still deny these dark times

Brush: Proraso Omega
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Feather (4)
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Pereira's Destructible Shaving Bowl
Soap: Pb Robaiba Blue sample
Post: Thayers Aloe & Lemon Witch Hazel // Playboy VIP cologne spray // Palmers Olive Butter Lotion

A splendid DFS today. Really enjoy the scent of this soap and performance wise is fantastic! Lathers up a treat with luscious and slick lather. Well done @Pbgoose (y) As for the blade/DE combo - shaved smoothly but not as efficiently as I had hoped... Happy shaves!

SOTW
iHg7KEX.jpg

Pre-Shave: Shower - Body Shop Maca Root Aloe Calming Icy Shaving Gel
Brush: Simpsons Pure Badger Duke II
Soap: Body Shop Maca Root Aloe Softening Shaving Cream
Razor: GC- 84P
Blade: Nacet -> 5
Post Shave: Body Shop Maca Root Aloe Calming Post Shave Water Gel
Haven't had enough rain to break the build-up so keeping with Body Shop Maca Root Aloe all week
Nacet and Polsilver have not performed as well as expected in GC-84P. GSB and Astra are front runners. Feather this week.

SOTD
k8Ppnhq.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Semogue - Excelsior 1460 Boar
Soap: Proraso Green Tea and Oatmeal
Razor: Fatip Piccolo SE - Classic Open Comb
Blade: Personna MedPrep (6)
Post-shave: Proraso Green Tea and Oatmeal Pre/Post
Special Saturday shave with the Piccolo

Date:- 21 December 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Baker Street
Razor/Blade:- Gillette US Red Tip / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Whisky:- Balvenie Doublewood 17yrs old

Last edited:

KadMdS0l.jpg

qKV6y5dl.jpg

ZdQaMyll.jpg
I have been here and my partner cryed the whole time it is a place of a powerful aura. Never let something like this happen again

Status
Not open for further replies.