Status
Not open for further replies.
Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: Vulfix old original pure Badger
Soap: ARKO
Razor: Merkur 37c slant
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Post: The Stray Whisker Alum Block, Cella Lozione Dopobarba

First shave with the Nacet wasn't bad, but nothing mind blowing either. Too early to say whether this will be a staple for me.

Feb. 27, 2019 - Wednesday
dw0fTful.jpg

Prep: Shower
Brush: Declaration Grooming - Sparkly White Fakelin - 30mm B7
Razor: Maggard V3A
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (2)
Lather: Australian Private Reserve - Fenchurch - Soap
Post Shave: Chatillon Lux - Eau de Treget - Aftershave
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve - Fenchurch - Eau de Parfum

I wasn't impressed with Fenchurch out of the dry tub and was kind of "Meh" on it. However, the EdP really turned my thoughts on this scent around. This scent is killer and I look forward to using this more. Also to note, this brush is crazy good.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak shaving brush
Soap/Cream: The one, the only, ARKO! shaving soap
Razor: Vintage NEW head (replated) on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (2)
Post-shave: Pitralon 'Swiss'
Fragrance: N/A

Same set up, same result!

RdXmlXpl.jpg

Soap: Jabon de Afeitar - Pekka fresh aquatic
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Jowika
Had a small sample of the Pekka left over from 2017. Lathered up easily and shaved quite well though I noted in my notes from 2017 I thought it may not have been as protective and as a result suffered some (very minor) irritation. I think I'd concur with my earlier notes. Possibly found the scent more interesting, though I still wouldn't be chasing it down to purchase.

5cig2W5.jpg

Pre: Warm Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Timeless....
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black....
Brush: Wild West Brushworks....
Soap: Stirling Lemon Chill....
Post: Stirling Lemon Chill Aftersave and Balm, AP Reserve Fresca Intensa EDP....

5cig2W5.jpg

Pre: Warm Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Timeless....
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black....
Brush: Wild West Brushworks....
Soap: Stirling Lemon Chill....
Post: Stirling Lemon Chill Aftersave and Balm, AP Reserve Fresca Intensa EDP....
Not a bad way to start a hot few days...

Pre: shower and Mister Joe Pre-shave glycerine soap
Brush: Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Soap: Maggard Razors Orange Menthol sample
Razor: Rockwell 6S (2)
Blade: Gillette Vintage Spoiler (1)

Loaded the brush to excess today and got the best lather yet, pity it finished the soap sample off! I'd happily accept using it, but don't think i'd buy a full tub as there are much better offerings.

Not gonna shave on the 29th, 30th or 31st so tomorrow begins Barrister & March which will commence with a sample of Reserve Fern, then Seville sample, followed by Reserve Classic.

Pre: shower and Mister Joe Pre-shave glycerine soap
Brush: Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Soap: Maggard Razors Orange Menthol sample
Razor: Rockwell 6S (2)
Blade: Gillette Vintage Spoiler (1)

Loaded the brush to excess today and got the best lather yet, pity it finished the soap sample off! I'd happily accept using it, but don't think i'd buy a full tub as there are much better offerings.

Not gonna shave on the 29th, 30th or 31st so tomorrow begins Barrister & March which will commence with a sample of Reserve Fern, then Seville sample, followed by Reserve Classic.

Good man @tim33z....I’ve prepped my bathroom for the ‘Barrister and March’....

All Things Black

Razors: Hart Steel 5/8, Supply Matte black razor and blade
Brush: Dovo, Ebony, silvertip
Soap: D.R. Harris, Arlington
Earwom: Paint in Black - The Rolling Stones
I wanted to compare a straight with the Supply. Even though my Hart Steel could do with a refresh on the stones, it still left a better result after just one pass when compared to the Supply. Not sure I will be keeping the Supply....

OAWNdgq.jpg

GD Preshave
Karve C plate
Feather
GD Citric
CL Fourth & Pine
Paladin Beehive
Finally took the Karve for a spin after a long wait for my right hand to recover from surgery. Am i happy with it i hear you ask? Absolutely! I can see why ppl bang on about it. With the c plate it's efficient enough as a daily driver and smooth as silk. It's one of these razors you can throw in cruise control and get a extremely comfortable shave with very little effort. I'll more than likely get the d plate for those times with more than a days growth.

OAWNdgq.jpg

GD Preshave
Karve C plate
Feather
GD Citric
CL Fourth & Pine
Paladin Beehive
Finally took the Karve for a spin after a long wait for my right hand to recover from surgery. Am i happy with it i hear you ask? Absolutely! I can see why ppl bang on about it. With the c plate it's efficient enough as a daily driver and smooth as silk. It's one of these razors you can throw in cruise control and get a extremely comfortable shave with very little effort. I'll more than likely get the d plate for those times with more than a days growth.
The shiny look on your Karve is Shithot!

I'd be interested in your feedback using karve D with Polsilver and karve F with nacet.

I have found the nacet nowhere near as sharp as the Polsilver in my karve D. The nacet is about the same as the GSB and Gillette black ninja for me. All acceptable blades but need extra effort to get BBS.

Pre: Shower
Razor: Karve CB (D)
Blade: Polsilver SI (1)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: Speick Stick

Had a lovely shave with this combo but the D plate just doesn't clear under my jawline and chin without having to do extra passes, buffing or using techniques like skin stretching and bull frogging (I think that's what it's called :unsure:). The F plate still rules my den. I may try this same combo again next shave but with the Nacet to see how it compares. The Polsilver seems to leave my skin with a slight post shave irritation that I don't get with the Nacets, I find the Polsilvers just a tad harsher on my skin. YMMV of course.

Date: 28 February 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Arko (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub)
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Super Adjustable S2 1972 / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #2
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree Oil, Lavender Oil & Peppermint Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Finally, at last, the whole month of Arko February shave is over, finished, I'm never going back to that weak lemon smelly urinal cake
t9716.gif
maybe next year.

Pre: Shower
Razor: Karve CB (D)
Blade: Polsilver SI (1)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: Speick Stick

Had a lovely shave with this combo but the D plate just doesn't clear under my jawline and chin without having to do extra passes, buffing or using techniques like skin stretching and bull frogging (I think that's what it's called :unsure:). The F plate still rules my den. I may try this same combo again next shave but with the Nacet to see how it compares. The Polsilver seems to leave my skin with a slight post shave irritation that I don't get with the Nacets, I find the Polsilvers just a tad harsher on my skin. YMMV of course.

Thanks for the comparison!
I'm thinking about getting an E plate although the D with Polsilver is pretty much perfect for me.

I'll wait to try out the fine marvel and leaf razors and then decide on the F plate of I don't get along with these two.

Pre-shave - Shower and Proraso Red pre-shave.
Brush - Mühle K35-252 Synthetic.
Soap - ARKO !
Razor - Rockwell 6C, plate 5.
Blade - Feather. (6)
Post-shave - Alum block and Geo F. Trumper, Spanish Leather Skin food.
Fragrance - Nothing.

The Arko performed well, apart from having a nothing smell, it's easy to use, produces a good lather with good cushion and slickness.

My last shave with ARKO for a while!

Status
Not open for further replies.