Not open for further replies.
ArK2rMY_d.jpg

WWB + Maggard 24mm SHD
Merkur 34c
Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Noble Otter - Hamami
Thayer’s Original Toner
YSL La Nuit De L’ Homme

My first go with this soap. Very nice... it’s soapy with saffron and florals. The wet stone? I think I can faintly pick it up. The lather was great and easy to build up.

I like the all white packaging, the label seems like it’s waterproof.

As I am writing this, there is 1 left on stock at Maggard...

Pre: Hot shower.
Razor: RAW RS-10, Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: PannaCrema Nera
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.
The PannaCrema Nera soap easily whips up into a nice thick lather. Performance is top notch. I will buy some more when this one is used up.

Pre: Hot shower.
Razor: RAW RS-10, Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: PannaCrema Nera
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.
The PannaCrema Nera soap easily whips up into a nice thick lather. Performance is top notch. I will buy some more when this one is used up.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the PannaCrema soap as I'm yet to try mine (y)

Feather AC DX non folding
Feather Pro blade (8)
Omega 48
Palmolive by Mennen Lather Shave cream
Armani Code

I have resolved to simplify my life, which means years of working through old soaps and creams one by one as I also hate waste. But that's fine - if I use enough product this stuff isn't bad at all - it's just very uneconomical compared to the stick version, which is really quite good. But that just means I will get through it quickly. Likewise with the fragrances - have to get through all the stuff that people have bought for me! Must suggest to people not to buy frags etc for me as I can't remember getting one I actually like.... now that a bit of time has passed since they gave them to me!

hR91De8.jpg
Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: Yaqi 30mm Tuxedo Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Group Captain's Blend
Razor: Rockwell 6C Gunmetal (R3)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (1)

After a couple of lazy days and an absolutely woeful shave on Saturday that I couldn't be bothered to fix up, I thought I'd try a hand lather to see the difference. Wow. Combined with @alfredus master lathering video, I think it's the best lather I've produced to date. The results were equally excellent, BBS in 4-passes WTG, XTG, XTG(opposite), ATG. Shaves like this make me happy.

Date:- 15 June 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Colonia Balsamica
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Fatboy (7 & 5) G2 1961 / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

@Mark1966 why am I falling in love with my Fatboy, it's shaved far better than all my other razors and I'm NOT going to sell ALL the other razors I have in my den.

Pre: Hot shower then hot towel
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Imperial Bay Rum
Brush: Omega boar hair
Razor: Merker 23C
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
A/S: Home made Bay Rum scent based on witch hazel, glycerine and ‘The Kraken’ rum with lime and bay essential oil and secret spices

Had a FaceTime session on Saturday morning with @bald as watching over my honing technique, providing tips and tricks.
It was a really good session and I learnt a lot about honing. Followed with a shave on Sunday night. Didn't need one this morning.
ajDrcZd.jpg

Had a FaceTime session on Saturday morning with @bald as watching over my honing technique, providing tips and tricks.
It was a really good session and I learnt a lot about honing. Followed with a shave on Sunday night. Didn't need one this morning.
ajDrcZd.jpg
Hi @Holiday has it been a long process learning the art of honing is it difficult to do? Cause I have 5 straights now and it is something I think I need to get started with. I’m pretty sure refreshing on chrox pasted strop is only going to go so far! What grit stones have you got and what ones are you using?

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 "Slim" (5)
Blade: Personna "Lab Blue" (2)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger EDP

A great shave!

I love my r41 but I find it can be either beauty or beast, but that’s just me learning with it still. I don’t own a SS razor yet so I cannot imagine the R41 as one! Would it make a diff to weight and shave results obtained? @StratMan

the weight would increase but mine already is heavier than stock due to the brass handle.. the ss would give u a razor that should last a lifetime v zamack of the r41

Brush: RR boar
Head: Headblade Moto
Face: RR Mamba
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Soap: Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Cream
Pre: Shower
Post: Black XS Paco Rabanne for Men // APR Escentials Restoration Serum // Proraso white balm

A refreshingly smooth shave with some neglected gear! Have a great day gents :)

Status
Not open for further replies.