Thayer’s Original Toner (alcohol free)

Have a great day!

MIUEk7r.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: Yaqi 30mm Tuxedo Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Group Captain's Blend
Razor: Rockwell 6C Gunmetal (R3)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (2)

Another palm lather today and another excellent lather. BBS in 4-passes WTG, XTG, XTG(opposite), ATG - probably didn't need all four passes, but I was having too much fun playing with the lather like a child... :ROFLMAO:

HXpHmmfl.jpg

Pre: Jojoba and Neem oil
Soap: Pb RK
Brush: Omega 10048
Razor: Asylum Rx
Blade: Kai Captain Mild (4)
AS: Pb Sorro
Are you going to stretch the Kai Captain Mild to the maximum with your Asylum Rx............................................................................................................ Mister Scarcely Old Fart! :smuggrin:

yeah yaqi brass handle, feels great in the hand.. i didnt care for the original handle at all, way to light making it harder to keep a consistent pressure during the shave. With this handle i just let the weight of the razor apply the pressure
Sounds like a smart move, might buy a few handles of varying weights/materials for my pile of Yaqi heads.

Cheers!

shKUxUx.jpg

Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Matilda Prototype Rhodium knots 2-band Silvertip
Lather: Stirling Bay Rum

A couple years ago I managed to reduce my shaving routine from a 4 pass shave (WTG/XTG/XTG/ATG) to a 3 pass shave (WTG/XTG/ATG) with a similar end result. I put this down to a better technique...so today inspired by this thread I thought maybe I got even better and tried a 2 pass shave (XTG/ATG) but unfortunately this didn't go too well. The shave was rather uncomfortable and the end result not very smooth. So either my technique is not there yet or my skin/beard is not cut out for this...

I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday :thumbup:

Pre: Hot towel
Razor: Gillette Fatboy D4 (5)
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge Blade
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Tabac original
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.
An enjoyable shave with this classic lineup.

I love my r41 but I find it can be either beauty or beast, but that’s just me learning with it still. I don’t own a SS razor yet so I cannot imagine the R41 as one! Would it make a diff to weight and shave results obtained? @StratMan
Hi @Schmicko, I never got to try the Gillette Rubies with R41 but they definitely take the sharp edge off an aggressive razor. I would recommend testing them if you can get hold of a puck.

Last edited:
Pre-shave:- Shower/Bloom Water
Brush:- Omega - 10065 Natural Bristle
Soap:- Murphy & McNeil Green Man Fougere
Razor:- Charcoal Goods - Cast OC Head on a Giesen Forsthoff SS Handle
Blade:- Astra SP(1)
Aftershave:- Murphy & McNeil Green Man Fougere

mcB0jfo.jpg

First impression the CG Cast Open Comb Head provides an awesome shave
Thx to @Rabid Badger for enabling

I love my r41 but I find it can be either beauty or beast, but that’s just me learning with it still. I don’t own a SS razor yet so I cannot imagine the R41 as one! Would it make a diff to weight and shave results obtained? @StratMan

try putting on a heavier handle and not applying any pressure at all.. also try different angles.. with the R41 i enjoy riding the cap, but this last shave i tried a steep angle (as @SpeedyPC likes) and enjoyed it also. Your prep and lather must also be excellent for this razor. And try a sharp but smooth blade in it like a polsilver (if you can get them), if not wizamet are supposed to be as good if not the same blade..

Sounds like you enjoy the R41 at times, keep at it, i reckon you will end up loving this razor

Status
Not open for further replies.