Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t have a heavier handle atm but I have put a polsilver in it and it seems to be a better blade for it and my face, just have to be aware of my angles as I feel that’s my weak point. It is strange cause I have very few issues with a straight razor but this just feels different, it performs like a safety razor but without the safety and it is easy to forget that it has a bite just like a straight, if you catch my drift.

understand totally.. which is one of the reasons i love this razor, you cant just pick it up and blindly shave.. absolutely have to think about what you do or otherwise, it will bite

other thing i like is the blade feel. there is enough there for you to realize, but if you get the pressures/angles/prep/blade correct, it always rewards with a smooth (with plenty of blade feel), super close shave (y)

Pre: Hot shower then hot towel
Soap: Fine Accoutrements - Italian Citrus
Bowl/Scuttle: Granite
Brush: Semogue 730 HD Silvertip Badger
Razor: Muhle R41 Rose Gold
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
A/S: T N Dickinson Witch Hazel
A/S and cologne: Phoenix - Autumn Factory
Music: Robert Plant “now n zen”

Much better shave with the R41 tonight, made a point of riding as close to the cap as possible and this made a great deal of difference to the smoothness of the shave also made sure I pulled all the right faces so that the skin around my neck was nice n taut which made it feel far less grabby than the last shave. I will persist until your mine R41. Thanks to @SpeedyPC and @StratMan for your advice fellas much appreciated.

The Phoenix autumn is unreal it smells like fireball whiskey and it packs a punch like it too, I’m on cinnamon fire and it’s 10 mins since it went on, loving the feel though it’s a new experience and I smell like a donut on steroids 😂 happy shaves

6aOyUWq.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Three-band Silvertip Briar
Soap: Klar Kabinett
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Pitralon Swiss A/S splash
Scent: Lapidus Pour Homme EdT

A very comfortable 3 pass shave.

Much better shave with the R41 tonight, made a point of riding as close to the cap as possible and this made a great deal of difference to the smoothness of the shave also made sure I pulled all the right faces so that the skin around my neck was nice n taut which made it feel far less grabby than the last shave. I will persist until your mine R41. Thanks to @SpeedyPC and @StratMan for your advice fellas much appreciated.
giphy.gif

As your starting to see the light, until you’ll learn how to experience the R41, and the more you know how to handle your tools better during your shave.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 "Slim" (5)
Blade: Personna "Lab Blue" (4)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger EDP

Shave at 4:45 for a 5:00 am Zoom call with the US, reminds me of those mornings catching an early flight out of Canberra - when that was a thing.

Brush: RR boar
Razor: Yaqi DOC + RR halo handle
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (5)
Soap: PAA CaD
Pre: Shower + PAA Cube preshave soap
Post: Thayers Aloe & Lemon Witch Hazel // Mr Royal cologne // TSW After Balm

An equally wonderful prework shave this morning with an underrated OC razor. Shows you don't need to spend $$$ to get fantastic shaves :) The boar was super soft, almost too soft and the soap glides well adding to the supreme shave. Love me some TSW balm and Mr Royal cologne... Happy shaves!

Kc3jULx.jpg
Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Group Captain's Blend
Razor: Rockwell 6C Gunmetal (R4)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (2)

Much better shave today, although I think I may have overcompensated for yesterday's lather fail when I loaded my brush up this morning!:LOL:

Date:- 18 June 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Fourth & Pine
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6S-R4 / Gillette Nacet #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)
Fragrance:- Burberry London for Men

Book 11 of 21.
17982.jpg

Shower
Feather AC DX non-folding
Feather Pro blade (11)
Tony Forsyth P&C Platypus 26mm fan
Palmolive by Mennen Lather Shave cream
Imperial Leather A/S
Armani Code

This is actually quite a good cream when you are using enough of it. My frugal tendencies normally prevent that because it would not actually be an economical method of shaving anymore if used like this. Not that many shaves to a tube. But now the object is to finish it to help with my ongoing quest to make space in the den.

This blade is extra smoooooth now, which can lull one into a false sense of security but no bites for me today. Another 2 pass (N-S) BBS... and loving it!

Last edited:
Pre: Hot shower then hot towel
Soap: Phoenix - Cavendish
Brush: Omega boar hair
Razor: Merker 23C
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
A/S: T N Dickinson Witch Hazel
EDT: Demeter Pipe Tobacco

Switched back to the merker with the same brand blade as last nights R41 shave. Can definitely feel a difference the R41 just does the same job with a lot more ease and far less irritation afterwards. Still a good shave but the R41 comes out on top. Going to work on my technique with the R41 to improve the shave and stay with the polsilver too (I have a ton of them 😀)

Pre: Hot Towel
Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley, C plate
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Semogue 1305 Premium Boar 90% Tops - Dyed
Soap:- Squadron - Scramble
Razor:- Charcoal Goods - Cast OC Head on Yaqi Handle
Blade:- Astra SP(3)
Aftershave:- Squadron - Scramble

nn0uT3r.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.