Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Hot shower. Bloom water from soap tub.
Razor: RazoRock Wunderbar SS slant + Titanium halo handle. Thanks for the loan @Razor Burn
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron – The Warden
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.
Most likely my last shave with a slant before they head back to @Razor Burn . Thanks for the loan mate. :happy:
Out of the slants I have used the Wunderbar would be my pick.

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Euromax
Brush: Yaqi Pony Knot
Soap: A&E Kaizen

50120118478_605be6f6cc_b.jpg

TqCUbfZ_d.jpg

WWB + Maggard 24mm SHD
Karve Brass SB-C
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Barrister and Mann - Cologne Russe
Barrister and Mann - Reserve Waves

Excellent shave. Hot shower, loaded the brush with warm water, and that fresh magnificent scent of Cologne Russe filled up the bathroom. Perfect for a cold winter morning.

Have a great Friday!​

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor:
Muhle R41
Blade: Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus (2)
Soap: A&E Asian Plum
Pre: Shower
Post: Alum block // MR Royal cologne // APR Escentials Restoration Serum // TSW After balm lotion
WTG, ATG = near BBS

An effortless pre-work shave this morning. The Rubie compliments the aggressive R41 well that I only managed to nick myself once on the adams apple. Nothing trusty alum block couldn't fix! No need for the XTG pass with slight touch up on my chin area.
The soap performs up there with the best and so far its my favourite A&E scent as the others smell quite strong for my liking. :unsure:
Returning some premium items back to @Nico this weekend so thanks again my good friend as the experience has proven very worthwhile....(y) Happy shaves!

Wherever you go on this beautiful weekend, make sure that you always remember to bring the happiness of your own sunshine with you, so that you may spread that happiness to all of the people you encounter.

Parker SRX Shavette
Yaqi SHaving Brush Synthetic Hair

The Body Shop Maca root & aloe softening shaving cream

IMG-20200717-182132.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Head: Leaf Razor
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Soap: A&E Asian Plum
Pre: Shower
Post: MR Royal cologne // APR Escentials Restoration Serum // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented balm

A quick head shave with the Leaf using the Nacet blades and it was far from smooth, leaving me with irritation and a nick on the crown of my head :( I think I'll just stick to a trusted blade such as Polsilver SI as they work great... Have a great weekend!

Pre: Hot shower. Bloom water from soap tub.
Razor: RazoRock Wunderbar SS slant + Titanium halo handle. Thanks for the loan @Razor Burn
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron – The Warden
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.
Most likely my last shave with a slant before they head back to @Razor Burn . Thanks for the loan mate. :happy:
Out of the slants I have used the Wunderbar would be my pick.

How would you rate the Wunderbar against the Game Changer?

QdcPDztl.jpg

I took a week off work for some renovation work at home which turned into two weeks of long days with intermittent shaving. Nice to slow down this morning for a straight razor shave.
Soap: Pb Kaolin Pimento Silk
Brush: 26mm TF HMW
Razor: Bengall
AS: Pimento Silk

Shower then Somerset's preshave
Razorock Silverhawk V2
Schick P-30 (3)
Body Shop Maca root & Aloe
Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm brush
Timeless shave bowl
Ariana & Evans Summer Fig splash

First shave with this razor and it was sublime. Really smooth razor, I was a bit worried it wouldn't be after seeing @Cris review on YouTube. However, I reckon his bad experience with it was probably down to blade selection. The Schick P-30 suits this razor perfectly. A very sharp, smooth blade which some prefer over feather artist club blades. Have yet to try the artist club, I think I will stick with this combination for the next week or so.

Shower then Somerset's preshave
Razorock Silverhawk V2
Schick P-30 (3)
Body Shop Maca root & Aloe
Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm brush
Timeless shave bowl
Ariana & Evans Summer Fig splash

First shave with this razor and it was sublime. Really smooth razor, I was a bit worried it wouldn't be after seeing @Cris review on YouTube. However, I reckon his bad experience with it was probably down to blade selection. The Schick P-30 suits this razor perfectly. A very sharp, smooth blade which some prefer over feather artist club blades. Have yet to try the artist club, I think I will stick with this combination for the next week or so.

Definitely a blade issue I reckon, I only have professional supers so not great in a SE razor I reckon!

Definitely a blade issue I reckon, I only have professional supers so not great in a SE razor I reckon!
If I had more Schick blades I would happily post you a couple to try. The one I'm using is from a SE sample pack from tryablade. Been looking to get more but can't find them anywhere. Connaught used to have them but not lately.

Hi @Cris , the Feather Pro Supers are my blade of choice in the Colonial General and my Black Hawk but use Kai Captain Mild in my Asylum Rx and so far... my Vector. I also use Schick P-30's across the razors (but not in the Asylum Rx). It's pretty much just matching the blade to the razor, and of course personal preferences.
Is the V2 the only Hawk you've tried? I'm thinking about getting the Stainless V3 and assumed it would similar to the Black Hawk.

Status
Not open for further replies.