Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smart Helix Apollo
Simfix Super
Wolpac - Silk Road

Great two passes. Started with the aggressive plate and then switched to the mild plate. DFS for a great start to the weekend.​
Great to see you using the Smart Helix Apollo! Australia represent!!! :cool:

Hi @Cris , the Feather Pro Supers are my blade of choice in the Colonial General and my Black Hawk but use Kai Captain Mild in my Asylum Rx and so far... my Vector. I also use Schick P-30's across the razors (but not in the Asylum Rx). It's pretty much just matching the blade to the razor, and of course personal preferences.
Is the V2 the only Hawk you've tried? I'm thinking about getting the Stainless V3 and assumed it would similar to the Black Hawk.
ive tried the v1 and v2, didnt like either. I guess they just arent my thing.

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Wolfman WR2,SB 1.05mm Gap, WRH7 Handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Fine Platinum
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.
Very nice shave with this kit.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend folks. :)

Yow! I've been considering getting a Leaf for my head. I think I might shelve that idea...
Don't let my experience with the Nacet put you off as I was experimenting with a sharper blade and normally I have mixed results with this blade in DEs so natural it would give a rougher shave than when using milder/smoother blades. The Polsivers deliver a smooth, close, irritation free shave normally!

What makes the Leaf ideal for head shaving is that you can maximise the efficiency by either using 1 1/2 blade, 2 or 3 and you achieve close shaves. Alternatively I use the Headblade which is equally great but its basically a 3/5 blade cart and after a while it gives me greater irritation, likewise the Omnishaver that is quick but another multi-blade shaver so more irritation.

Initially I found the longer handle annoying but it does allow for greater reach and the larger head can make shaving around the ears tricky, so I just use a DE to tackle that or a cart. Overall the shave time is just as quick as a cart and you're able to use your favourite blade. It shaves alright on the face once you figure the technique so IMHO a good investment. (y)

Not my favourite razor in the den, but got a really good shave this morning. With the flippable base plate, the head is noticeably on the heavy side.
Yeah I went with the flippable head myself as I was aiming for that extra weight but not sure if it will shave as effortlessly as the lighter head...?

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Gillette Rubie Platimum Plus (2)
Soap: Wickham Soap Co. Citrus Musk sample
Pre: Shower
Post: APR Escentials Restoration Serum // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS

An effortless DFS with this nimble slant... Happy shaves!

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Shavemac - Americana
Soap:- Simpsons - Lavender & Vetvier Luxury Shaving Cream
Razor:- Wals Solingen - Platypus Extra Hollow Ground

FXox3X3.jpg

If I had more Schick blades I would happily post you a couple to try. The one I'm using is from a SE sample pack from tryablade. Been looking to get more but can't find them anywhere. Connaught used to have them but not lately.
Hi @Cris , the Feather Pro Supers are my blade of choice in the Colonial General and my Black Hawk but use Kai Captain Mild in my Asylum Rx and so far... my Vector. I also use Schick P-30's across the razors (but not in the Asylum Rx). It's pretty much just matching the blade to the razor, and of course personal preferences.
Is the V2 the only Hawk you've tried? I'm thinking about getting the Stainless V3 and assumed it would similar to the Black Hawk.
ive tried the v1 and v2, didnt like either. I guess they just arent my thing.
Bullgoose has the Schick blades. Don't know about international shopping.
https://bullgooseshaving.com/products/schick-p-30-proline-artist-club-style-blades

I have 300 in the mail from Japan. As soon as they arrive I will send out a few to Irish Yeti, Cris and who ever else would like to try.

I am currently using the Feather pro supers in a V3 open comb SS Hawk and a Feather Artist Club Scotch SS. Blades are very sharp, and shaves are aggressive. A few boxes of the normal Feather proguard blades arrived on Friday. I will post results in a future shave of the day.

Most definitely not what I just had;
Gillette Fatboy @7
Gillette 7O'Clock Black
Yaqi Deep Purple synth
Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum

All things I have used before with perfectly good results, but for whatever reason, today was horrible. I'm guessing it was a dud blade (was first shave with it).
Worst razor burn I've had in years, several nicks including a cut just below my bottom lip. Alum stick all over (owwiieeeee) and a healthy slathering of Natio Calming Aftershave Balm though my skin is most definitely NOT calm yet.
Today's shave gets a 1/10 because at least I'm clean shaven...I just look like Freddy Kruger.

Status
Not open for further replies.