Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're making the right choice as the OC should serve you well.

I find the bronze and lesser extend brass, develop teas stains if not dried properly after use so I like to give it them a quick polish with some Autosol which leaves it nice and shiny. :love:

I also use PlastiX for my resin shaving brush handles and SS razors to give them a fresh look.

I take every razor I own apart after every shave and quick rinse with water and dry with a towel, only takes 2 min so no problem there

decided on the OC version and this time I’m getting the stand

will look into the plastix, never heard of that.. cheers 👍

@Pbgoose did u say the OC has the efficiency of the 84p or were you referring to the 38 bronze?

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Vintage Klenzo
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Green Man Fougere
Razor: Charcoal Goods Lvl2 Gen 1 Brass with Torpedo Handle
Blade: Feather (1)
Aftershave: Murphy & McNeil Green Man Fougere

R6PND6n.jpg

I take every razor I own apart after every shave and quick rinse with water and dry with a towel, only takes 2 min so no problem there

decided on the OC version and this time I’m getting the stand

will look into the plastix, never heard of that.. cheers 👍

@Pbgoose did u say the OC has the efficiency of the 84p or were you referring to the 38 bronze?
Excellent choice and look forward to reading your thoughts once it arrives!

I never heard of PlastiX until I saw it used in @Tony Forsyth streams for finishing his resin brush handles so grabbed a bottle from: https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/meguiars-meguiars-plastx-polish-296ml/101139.html

IMG-20201005-185557.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Clear/Black/Yellow 26mm 2 Band Finest Badger
Razor: Timeless Bronze OC
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridiums (8)
Soap: Face Fat Jaffa
Pre: Shower
WTG, XTG, ATG = BBS

Nursing 3 days growth but it was no trouble for the OC plate as I was rewarded with a smooth and efficient BBS!
The blade is showing no signs of dullness and the soap performed great with a pleasant scent if you like Jaffa cakes/lollies.
Happy shaves!

Date:- 05 October 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Bruce Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mike’s Natural ~ Bay Rum
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matt SS 'SB-C' / Vintage Gillette Aussie 'Gold' Spoiler #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- YSL L’Homme

The Aussie spoilers feel very different from the American spoilers, Aussie feels very smooth and very sharp almost very close to the Gillette Nacet. All I can say is WOW!!!

"Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi" "Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi" "Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi"

@Mark1966 is there a difference from the Aussie 'Gold' Spoiler pack vs the normal Aussie Spoiler see photo, the gold is at the bottom middle.

https://paste-and-cut.com.au/commun...-shaving-acquisitions-thread.6491/post-171766

Last edited:
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson The Duke shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soaps Coronet Fougere shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 "Slim" replated in rhodium (6)
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (2)
Post-shave: Squadron Soaps Coronet Fougere splash
Fragrance: N/A

Hardly anything to shave this morning compared to yesterday, lovely shave !

8kbbAhel.jpg

I have noticed the different packaging @SpeedyPC on the 'Aussie Spoilers' but have never really investigated beyond that or tried to compare shaves. Sorry mate

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: DS Cosmetic - SHD Geltip Manchuria badger
Soap/Cream: Murphy & McNeal - Gael Laoch
Razor: Ikon tech head / Razorock SS handle
Blade: Feather (5)
Post-shave: Murphy & McNeal - Gael Laoch AS splash/ Natio Calming AS balm

1 pass + touchups DFS+. Another nice daily shave, feather blade is holding up well. These feather blades I recieved from @Holiday are excellent and night and day difference from the bad batch of blades I received before.

Pre-shave: Hot water
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm Pony
Soap: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Super (2)
Post-shave: Shower, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT

Another perfect shave. Looking forward to trying out the Prolines next week(?), but I've a feeling this combo is a match made in heaven.

Pre-shave: Hot water
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm Pony
Soap: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Super (2)
Post-shave: Shower, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT

Another perfect shave. Looking forward to trying out the Prolines next week(?), but I've a feeling this combo is a match made in heaven.
The Schick Proline SE blade feels very much like a Polsilver probably more comfortable than the Feather SE blade.

The Schick Proline SE blade feels very much like a Polsilver probably more comfortable than the Feather SE blade.
Good, but we're talking about 2 different Feather blades (very different, as it turns out), one that eventually gives an acceptable shave, but wears out quickly as a result of all the work I have to do to get there, and the Pro Super that just mows down my stubble in no time. I guess we'll find out soon enough. I have plenty of all three.

I don't yet have any of the Kai blades for comparison, since they're troublesome to get hold of at a sensible price.

The Vector must be a fairly mild razor. Both the Feather Pro and Pro Super are much sharper than any DE blade. My Feather and Kai AC razors + my Hawk OC V3 I always now load with a Proline blade as they are very smooth and still sharp. I will admit even for me the Pro Super was too sharp initially to use, until after approx 3 shaves it settled down for 10-12 good shaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.