AP Reserve Privée Les Santals SET // Black Eagle Fan // СТАРТ 0.90

What a Masterpiece :cool:

Pre-shave: Shower, Proraso White
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: PAA - Good Vibrations
Razor: Karve CB (C-SB)
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Post-shave: Cold Water Splash, alum, TSW After Balm

One of the best shaves I've had, I really worked the lather well and got a great result.

The pheasant was great, my daughter’s veal really nice and the duck my wife and son had came with the warning that it was wild and there may still be some buckshot in it -

At the airport awaiting our flight home. Unfortunately travelling with adult kids I cannot get all of us into the third party lounge here! First world problem?

ZzN2CS8.jpg

WWB + Maggard SHD 24mm
Merkur 34c
Feather (3)
Barrister & Mann Behold the Whatsis
Barrister’s Reserve Waves splash

Uhh back to work... it’s all a blur... what day is this?

Whatsis was my first artisan soap purchase, it’s in B&M Excelsior base. I hope it comes back into production

Sb3t96fl.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb Phoenix MkII
Brush: Omega Italian Boar
Razor: Takehana Kikuboshi
Our transformer packed it in in the heat of yesterday afternoon and our house went from a comfy 24 degrees up to 34 in about 20 minutes. Essential Energy crews turned up fairly promptly and started what was a fairly routine repair given the no maintenance policy of trannies over the past couple of decades. Then what should have been an easy pack up and reenergise turned into a nightmare as wind/dust/smoke storm kicked in just before dark and it took over an hour just to get the earth leads off the high voltage transmission lines due to the wind blowing the 'hot stick' all over the place. The wind was that bad you couldn't go outside without goggles and visibility was very poor.
The power came back on around 11pm and there was a collective sigh of relief from the family as the air conditioners were turned back on. I went and thanked the linesmen who reported they then had another 30 jobs to attend to in Dubbo.:eek:
It was a good reminder of how much we rely on electricity, for light, cooking, water (we usually run the house off tank water), cooking, communication etc and also how the use of our time is ordered by the availability of power for computers, social media, entertainment etc. My teenage daughter was getting a little panicky about her phone going flat and was quite distressed about the temperature of the house. We explained that when we were kids there was no air conditioning (or mobile phones) but this was foreign concept.:) Mind you, I was not looking forward to a night lying on top of the bed sweating trying to go to sleep in the heat.

Merkur 42c
Personna Lab blue (4)
Omega 48
Mystic Waters White Tea and Ginger
Paco Rabanne AS + EdT

My last sample from the Perth GTG and clearly saved the best for last. Lathered easily from a sample pot (no mean feat in itself) despite the sample clearly being a bit old / dry, provided strong, thick, cushioning lather, accepted plenty of water, has decent slickness and plenty of longevity for four applications with the big boar. Post shave is pretty good too. Scent is quite basic (a good thing in a shaving soap in my book) and very pleasant (hit this out of the park for me actually - a great combo), not too sweet and not overpowering either but definitely still there - a good balance for those like me who can enjoy a nice scent in moderation (for me a scent is usually only an important characteristic of a soap if it's unpleasant but this is now an exception, together with Proraso Green which is the only soap I use just for the scent - but this is of course a much better performer than Proraso anything).

A very enjoyable three pass BBS with no irritation. Certainly a soap to consider purchasing... but will give it a few more uses first. in any case, I am now a fan... could be in my top five?

Proraso Green which is the only soap I use just for the scent - but this is of course a much better performer than Proraso anything
Having just recently tossed around half a tub or less or Proraso, it was done so purely on the performance alone. I actually really like the scent of Proraso green, but i can not get over the sub-par performance.

The pheasant was great, my daughter’s veal really nice and the duck my wife and son had came with the warning that it was wild and there may still be some buckshot in it -

At the airport awaiting our flight home. Unfortunately travelling with adult kids I cannot get all of us into the third party lounge here! First world problem?
That food looks superb!

Date:- 06 January 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Sandpiper
Razor/Blade:- Schick Eversharp Hydro-Magic / Personna PTFE Coated Injector #9
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

49332811671_e1e677c3cd_b.jpg

AP Reserve Privée Les Santals SET // Black Eagle Fan // СТАРТ 0.90

What a Masterpiece :cool:

Thank you my friend, I am really glad that you are enjoying les santals it is a very beautiful composition. Your photograph yet again is just incredible :cool:

05 January 2020
G1OuUeq.jpg

Gillette Super Blue + MR11 / GSB
Yaqi Violet 26mm Timberwolf Synthetic
Nivea Originals Shaving Cream
Nivea Originals AS Splash
This was yesterday's shave - Pardon the delay. The last couple of days has been unusually cool in Melbourne, which has been a nice change. Hopefully the cooler weather provides some relief where it's needed most. Nivea Originals is a sweet & somewhat spicy scent, therefore I'd usually reach for it during the cooler season. I knew I was nearing the end of the tube, which proved to be the case as mentioned in the "Finished Products Sticky". Unfortunately, Nivea decided to replace their "Originals" line with "Protect & Care". IMO, Originals is a nicer scent, but it's not the end of the world - Lot's of other pleasant scents to chose from. Have a great week everyone !!!

Last edited:
Morning all

Pre: Warm water face wash with Goats milk soap & Beard oil
Razor: WieShie Nostalgic adjustable (level 4)
Blade: Voskhod - New one for me, in the above adjustable it can quite comfortable with the right angle but too much and you get alot of blade feel and a lesser cut though that could be my imagination. Will have to try it in a a few others.
Brush: Razorock BIG Bruce
Soap: Mondial Bergamotto Neroli - Don't know why more folks don't like their range. I find them really nice and fun to make a mess with lol. Nice sent and I'm a sucker for anything in timber.
Post: one itty bitty weeper which was from shave 2 days ago, rub with Alum, then beard/face conditioner and fished with AS: Traditional Bay Rum.

Quite a nice comfortable shave overall, BBS was achieved but can't say anything memorable about it. Good enough.

FrTopnF.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.