Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Warm Shower (longish)
Brush: @Tony Forsyth 2019 P&C Auction beauty
Soap/Cream: APR/Squadron Soap Australians All shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 Slim (5)
Blade: Vintage "Aussie Spoiler" (2)
Post-shave: APR/Squadron Soap Australians All splash
Fragrance: N/A

Probably even better the second time around ...

z5eAxTPl.jpg

Pre: Beers + Ouzo
Razor: 1973 Gillette Black Beauty
Blade: Feather
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Mew Brown
Soap: Stirling Executive Man

Yeah a drunken shave, not highly recommended but fun nevertheless…

Got delivery of my birth year razor a Gillette 1973 super speed ‘black beauty’. The condition of this razor is amazing, looks great too. Loaded the black beauty with a feather and after a final shot of ouzo proceeded with the shave.

Started on 6 for the first two passes WTG, XTG and set it to 8 for the ATG pass.

A few weepers (one nice one on my top lip) later I toned it back down to setting 6 for a clean-up ATG pass. Got a very close and mainly smooth shave but I do feel some burn on my top lip.

All in all a great first time shave with the black beauty, but I don’t recommend shaving pissed!!!

49344332631_bb35874fb9_b.jpg

49344348431_2eb5b5d42f_c.jpg

49343876533_41f7569b88_c.jpg

49343928578_86d7dfb8d8_b.jpg
You are so right, seems so natural sometimes to have one over the eight and head to the den for a DFS.

IMG-20200107-162122.jpg

Brush: RR 400
Head // Face: Leaf Razor
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Pereira's Destructible Shaving Bowl
Soap: APR Coolabah LE

When things work why change them!? Another refreshing shave with the APR mentholated goodness :cool: First head shave with the Leaf and surprisingly smooth and efficient, so much so that I easily removed an annoying mole on the side of my head :doctor::nurse: The shave was quick with very minimal irritation and I can see this becoming my go to head shaver as its super easy to use!

Finished off with another quick face shave and the more I use this thing the better it gets. A great go to daily shaver if you don't mind the top lip/under nose issues due to a large head. I did try XTG strokes and managed to remove most of that growth with DFS results... Happy shaves!

gvP8iel.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: BSB Spain 24mm
Soap: Soap Commander - Courage - Peppercorn, Citrus & Cedar
Razors: Timeless 0.68 SB - Scalloped Head
Blade: Astra SP (5)
Post-shave: Soap Commander - Courage Aftershave Balm
The soap has a mild scent from the tub with a powdery barbershop scent masking the citrus peppercorn and cedar but on the face the citrus and menthol from balm really comes through. Very fresh! but short lived.

6LV9SjNl.jpg

Soap: Pb The Green Gin
Brush: Omega 10083
Razor: GEM Junior
Blade: GEM (1)
Not a stellar shave though an interesting exercise in high menthol soap which for me was a fail. Was expecting face freeze, which I got cold face to the point of discomfort but more the issue was watery eyes from too much menthol which detracted from the shave experience and enjoyment of the scent.

6LV9SjNl.jpg

Soap: Pb The Green Gin
Brush: Omega 10083
Razor: GEM Junior
Blade: GEM (1)
Not a stellar shave though an interesting exercise in high menthol soap which for me was a fail. Was expecting face freeze, which I got cold face to the point of discomfort but more the issue was watery eyes from too much menthol which detracted from the shave experience and enjoyment of the scent.
Still sounds like a promising soap, going to keep working on it ? I really enjoy that fresh cooling sensation

Still sounds like a promising soap, going to keep working on it ? I really enjoy that fresh cooling sensation
Yeah, I like the scent and so does Mrs Pbgoose so I want to get the soap right. I've never tried high volume menthol before so I deliberately went over the top to find the limits. I actually didn't put the whole menthol dose in as thought perhaps I'd gone too far.:)

Pre-shave: Warm Shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth 2019 P&C Auction beauty
Soap/Cream: SV 70th Anniversary shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 Slim (5)
Blade: Vintage "Aussie Spoiler" (3)
Post-shave: APR Aqua di Sydney splash
Fragrance: Georgio Armani Acqua di Gio EDC

Summer

mjTBFjBl.jpg

Pre: Hot shower. Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: RAW RS-10 Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.
Dang. There is something about the Raw RS-10 and Feather combo that is so incredibly smooth. Just works so well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.