Ahhhhh

z5eAxTPl.jpg

CHcDsWih.jpg

Soap: Pb Drachenblut
Brush: Omega 10083
Razor: Asylum Rx
Blade: Feather ProGuard
Stellar! (y)
My daughter (if you haven't worked it out yet) is into dragons. I had not completed my SOTD for today before she came home from shopping with this fine specimen. Was purely coincidence I had used Drachenblut today.

Pre-shave: Warm Shower (longish)
Brush: @Tony Forsyth 2019 P&C Auction beauty
Soap/Cream: APR/Squadron Soap Australians All shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 Slim (5)
Blade: Vintage "Aussie Spoiler" (1)
Post-shave: APR/Squadron Soap Australians All splash
Fragrance: N/A

Ahhhhh

z5eAxTPl.jpg
Welcome home Dad, can you please give me $600 so I can get myself a Wolfman, because, I’ve don’t have any organs left to sell for a Wolfman.

By the way, how’s the smoke haze in ACT?? :cigar:

IMG-20200107-162122.jpg

Brush: RR 400
Razor: Leaf Razor
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Pereira's Destructible Shaving Bowl
Soap: APR Coolabah LE

A refreshing SOTD with the Leaf Razor. First impressions are similar to other users. The head is quite large and makes shaving under the nose/top lip area awkward. My bundle never came with the Twig so I was forced to use a cart to touch up this area :facepalm: After 3 simple passes I achieved a smooth DFS and I can see this being a good day to day shaver when in a rush. I look forward to giving it a go on the noggin Wednesday... Happy shaves!

Welcome home Dad, can you please give me $600 so I can get myself a Wolfman, because, I’ve don’t have any organs left to sell for a Wolfman.

By the way, how’s the smoke haze in ACT?? :cigar:

Much better today I'm told

Date:- 07 January 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Sunflower Fields
Razor/Blade:- Schick Eversharp Hydro-Magic / Personna PTFE Coated Injector #10
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Mh6BfuQ.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Czech & Speake No 88
Razor: UFO Tornado / Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (3)
Scent: Floris No 89

Three passes for very close shave. Enjoyed the newly acquired Shavemac brush very much.
WIth even the best blades, you occasionally get a less than optimal example. The vintage Personna SPC is my favourite blade, and normally buttery smooth, but this example is a smidgen rough, and hence I've binned it.

gZv5Yjg.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower/Proraso Green Pre-shave
Brush: BSB Spain 24mm
Soap: Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol Shaving Cream
Razors: Timeless 0.68 SB - Scalloped Head
Blade: Astra SP (4)
Post-shave: Proraso Green Aftershave Balm

Enjoying tingle of pre-shave and soap but scent doesn't last 5 minutes. Does Aftershave Lotion last any longer?
The Timeless is providing very comfortable and smooth shaves. This thing does not have a "bad" angle, and seems to perform just as efficiently whether riding the cap or base plate.

Pre: Beers + Ouzo
Razor: 1973 Gillette Black Beauty
Blade: Feather
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Mew Brown
Soap: Stirling Executive Man

Yeah a drunken shave, not highly recommended but fun nevertheless…

Got delivery of my birth year razor a Gillette 1973 super speed ‘black beauty’. The condition of this razor is amazing, looks great too. Loaded the black beauty with a feather and after a final shot of ouzo proceeded with the shave.

Started on 6 for the first two passes WTG, XTG and set it to 8 for the ATG pass.

A few weepers (one nice one on my top lip) later I toned it back down to setting 6 for a clean-up ATG pass. Got a very close and mainly smooth shave but I do feel some burn on my top lip.

All in all a great first time shave with the black beauty, but I don’t recommend shaving pissed!!!

49344332631_bb35874fb9_b.jpg

49344348431_2eb5b5d42f_c.jpg

49343876533_41f7569b88_c.jpg

49343928578_86d7dfb8d8_b.jpg

Got delivery of my birth year razor a Gillette 1973 super speed ‘black beauty’. The condition of this razor is amazing, looks great too. Loaded the black beauty with a feather and after a final shot of ouzo proceeded with the shave.

Started on 6 for the first two passes WTG, XTG and set it to 8 for the ATG pass.

A few weepers (one nice one on my top lip) later I toned it back down to setting 6 for a clean-up ATG pass. Got a very close and mainly smooth shave but I do feel some burn on my top lip.

All in all a great first time shave with the black beauty, but I don’t recommend shaving pissed!!!

giphy.gif

Congrats on the birth year razor, she look like a beauty and the spit looks delectable.
Half pissed, new razor, feather and highest setting. Lucky you still have nostrils, top lip and ear lobes after that combination :)

Nice looking all around! That BB looks fantastic, congrats!

PSA - hand / eye coordination can be helpful during shaving ...

Status
Not open for further replies.