Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
QMC74t6.jpg

Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7V
Lather: Mike's Hungarian Lavender

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend (y)

Date:- 22 February 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mike's Natural ~ Bergamot, Orange & Ylang Ylang :love:
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate with 14 mm x 85 mm dimpled handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lixiviant
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.
There is something about the Timeless that works well for me. Always get a top notch shave with this razor.

sIXdcW4.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Three-band Silvertip Briar
Soap: Wholly Kaw Fougère Parfaite
Razor: Merkur Mergress (3)
Blade: NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Phoenix & Beau Right Handed Giant A/S Balm; Saponificio Varesceno Pro Victus
Scent: Caron Yatagan

Back to good old Myrsol Emulsion after finishing my tin of ABC pre-shave cream. I was rewarded with a great shave. The Wholly Kaw Fougère Parfaite soap performed beautifully, and the scent is a delightful tribute to Fabergé Brut. I was gliding the razor across my ugly mug with a few finishing buffs, and got too cocky. As the shave was going so well, I decided to do an ATG buff at the corner of my mouth - something I cannot recall doing before. Due to the considerable blade gap of the Mergress and my clumsy angle of attack, the blade bit on contact without me even making a stoke. Ouch! One of those nicks that is so deep that at first it does not bleed, and you think you've got away with it, then 20 seconds later the claret starts to show. Lesson learnt - don't get cocky with an aggressive razor :shame:. Thankfully, the astringent properties of the Witch Hazel were enough to stop the bleeding without me resorting to alum. I matched the soap scent with Phoenix & Beau's take on Fabergé Brut - Right Handed Giant. A slightly deeper and darker rendition - I lean towards this over the Wholly Kaw, but both are bloody good. A quick dab of SV Pro Victus to the nick and all was well.
After the sweet notes of the Brut tributes, it seems entirely appropriate for a blast of that powerhouse oakmoss beast of a fougère that is Caron Yatagan.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson '46' reknotted in 'pure'
Soap/Cream: APR General Ledger shaving soap
Razor: Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Handle
Blade: Polsilver "Brown" (7)
Post-shave: APR General Ledger splash
Fragrance: APR General Ledger EDP

I shave that had to last me until Tuesday, Australian time. Leaving on a jet plane again later today. At least I will feel and smell good when I get on... :)

rpci2gQl.jpg

Pre-shave: Proraso Red
Brush: Omega 10083
Soap/Cream: B&M Reserve Spice
Razor: Cadet open comb head ć Weber bulldog handle
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (5)
Post-shave: Alum block, Witch hazel, Bulldog original aftershave balm, B&M Reserve Spice
Hair Tonic: Eau de Portugal
y4mfDkhgNHAF9DZEGinI-RhpyWm56ZTJ832oE5EsguZBImIFJF7db5j1k8PR3rsW4iBAInC2ZK9E20hQS5WfQZxWFacUzCx_uZzLrMJAhkpgFPVo70kvu-6-L-Al2Qp_IWw1Xb8GBKq3UGl58w41W0SlLzCJuKEZKS0qjWxIkeVmnE1yrhiGlbENLhpROwYP2lNQODNDf4jwPaT5a2RuTlfow

Rockwell 6s (R6)
Personna Red (2)
Grizzly Bay
Phoenix Artisan Accouterments Dapper Doc
Nivea Two Phase aftershave

I wanted to have a shave early on Sunday morning but for one reason or another I kept getting sidetracked so after mowing the lawns and showering, was time to shave. I didn’t want to shave too closely since I’ll be at it again tomorrow 6am, so I did just 1 pass with the R6 plate.

End result was very good and for the first 30 mins, my remaining stubble was quite prickly, but now it’s no different to the feeling around 5-6pm so happy with that. The Rockwell just chomped on the whiskers with ease.

QeOUSFZh.jpg

I think @alfredus has still best summed up the goal for the wet shaving experience - joyful, and this shave had all the right ingredients, artisan made bowl, soap, brush and razor. Yay. Lovin' it. And to top it all off, some gentle rain all morning. Magic stuff.
Soap: P&B Iceni
Brush: 26mm TF KBBB
Razor: Timeless Bronze
Blade: Dorco ST-301 (3)
Dorco was the wrong choice for this razor. Was in a hurry and grabbed something mild but ended up with a decent weeper.

...I think @alfredus has still best summed up the goal for the wet shaving experience - joyful, ....

I've not seen that comment before - but it is WISDOM!

Joyful shaves as opposed to drudgery - well said @alfredus

Nice shave today without slashing my mug, nice 4 a change lol. Think the bourbon helped

mE7mYAj.jpg

Pre: Cold face wash and beard oil
Razor: Yaqi Eden Stainless space chrome (OC head)
Brush: Yaqi Synth Pony in space chrome
Blade: Indian wilkies (#3)
Soap: Mondial Florence
Post: AP reserve restoration - think I'm going to have to buy myself some.

Date:- 23 February 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Bay Rum
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Pre: Hot Shower, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Wolfman WR2, SB 0.95 Gap, WRH7 Handle
Soap: Squadron Group Captains Blend
Enjoying this shave, everything came together nicely. First time the WR2 removed the whiskers on my trouble spots on the neck.
Unfortunately halfway through the shave received news my aunt passed away. I ended up rushing and manged a few weepers. :cry:

Pre: Hot Shower, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Wolfman WR2, SB 0.95 Gap, WRH7 Handle
Soap: Squadron Group Captains Blend
Enjoying this shave, everything came together nicely. First time the WR2 removed the whiskers on my trouble spots on the neck.
Unfortunately halfway through the shave received news my aunt passed away. I ended up rushing and manged a few weepers. :cry:

Condolences @Nico 😢

Status
Not open for further replies.