Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Warm Shower + Proraso Pre-Shave
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: Yaqi Silvertip Badger
Soap: Mystic Waters Coconut

The badger is holding its spot in the lineup, hasn’t had a bad game and cant be dropped! whipped up a real nice lather without much issue. I love the scent of proraso red . Scent strength isnt long lasting, which is a good then when you feel like someting light.

49820305948_25a0ce5165_b.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Barrister & Mann Petrichor soap
Razor: Replated vintage NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Polsilver "Brown" (1)
Post-shave: Barrister & Mann Petrichor splash
Fragrance: N/A

I really do like the scent of this set

The badger is holding its spot in the lineup, hasn’t had a bad game and cant be dropped! ...

When has THAT ever stopped a selector from dropping a player?

Yep.(y)

How many of the Clubman AS’s do you have? What’s your favourite?

Only the Special Reserve.

I've had the Bay Rum, there are better.

I've had the Lilac Vegetal (and still have a sample donated to the sample box), but I am not one of the chosen

Lucky tiger face wash
Plissoft brush
34c + Kai blade (1)
Caties Bubbles " Irish Coffee"
Proraso green splash.
I now shave in the laundry as it opens to the back verandah and hence the bush.
I normally get some feathered advisers, today was no exception.
Great shave but the Kai is no Feather beater.
Stay safe all, this cry has replaced the "have a good day".

ob1zFsbl.jpg

Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: Pb Camphorwood Rocker
Brush: SOC Cherry Boar
Razor: Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Super (2)?
AS: Pb Black Spruce
I've had this blade sitting about for some time so forgotten it's history. I think it's a Feather Pro Super but didn't have time to check this morning but will later. Shave went well but had to exercise some caution as it was more aggressive and felt more inclined to bite. The problem came when I went to dismantle and clean the razor and blade. The blade did not want to come out and I was thinking of @Rabid Badger 's comment re: troubles fitting the P30 blade. I ended up having to get a pocket knife blade under the blade to lever it out and had to use enough force I was worried about damaging the top plate. So I will be exercising much caution if trying the Feather in the Vector again (still to confirm that it is a Feather but I've had no troubles with the Kai and P30's so am assuming that's what it is).

Pre: Hot Towel, Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol Pre & After shave cream
Razor: Charcoal Goods Level-2 base plate, limited edition Victorian.
Blade: Rapira platinum lux
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

Date:- 27 April 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Soapmakers of Awesometown
Razor/Blade:- EJ 3one6 / Rapira Platinum Lux #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

Pre: Hot Towel, Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol Pre & After shave cream
Razor: Charcoal Goods Level-2 base plate, limited edition Victorian.
Blade: Rapira platinum lux
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

That is a very nice looking razor!

ob1zFsbl.jpg

Soap: Pb Camphorwood Rocker
Brush: SOC Cherry Boar
Razor: Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Super (2)?
AS: Pb Black Spruce
I've had this blade sitting about for some time so forgotten it's history. I think it's a Feather Pro Super but didn't have time to check this morning but will later. Shave went well but had to exercise some caution as it was more aggressive and felt more inclined to bite. The problem came when I went to dismantle and clean the razor and blade. The blade did not want to come out and I was thinking of @Rabid Badger 's comment re: troubles fitting the P30 blade. I ended up having to get a pocket knife blade under the blade to lever it out and had to use enough force I was worried about damaging the top plate. So I will be exercising much caution if trying the Feather in the Vector again (still to confirm that it is a Feather but I've had no troubles with the Kai and P30's so am assuming that's what it is).
yup, exact same problem that I get. I have to use unreasonable force to apply and remove a feather.

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: Yaqi Silvertip Badger
Soap: A&E Monte Carlo

Another extremely smooth shave, but with respect and care gave me bbs glass. The 1.25 works as a daily with no issues and also takes care of many unshaven days with just as much ease, this is the one!! :love:

still very happy with the badger but anticipate there is a lot better to come 😊

49824534048_ca1f874f66_b.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Limited Edition Badger
Soap: Stirling - Ben Franklin
Razors: CT*PT 0.90 Open Comb (thx @bomber.79)
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Post-shave: Stirling - Ben Franklin
PczzCUD.jpg

First impression CT*PT-OC: Despite a slightly more utilitarian look aided by the satin finish and squarer combs the CT*PT is smoother than Karve OC-D and slightly (a tad) less effective, requiring a few touch ups under jaw line but overall a beautiful smooth and efficient shave. The SOC Badger was thirsty and coupled with thirsty soap needed a lot of hydration. A few drops off finger was taking too long and set the tap to fast drip. Rewarded with a nice slick lather eventually.

IMG-20200427-200928.jpg

Brush: RR Chrome 44
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade:
Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire

I have been holding off the shaves in anticipation of the latest addition to my den and I wasn't disappointed! I've been enjoying the solid cologne so much I decided to add the soap and first impressions are very good. The scent is strong from the tub as I notice the tobacco and slight sweetness from the juniper. Performance wise it works well but I might stick to bowl lathering as the lather was slick but not as luscious as I'd have liked. Still managed a BBS finish as the beastly R41 easily mowed down 3 days growth with no fuss :) Finished off with the solid cologne to compliments from the misses. The scent is growing on her... Lest We Forget!

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Mike's Natural Soaps Hungarian Lavender soap
Razor: Replated vintage NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Polsilver "Brown" (2)
Post-shave: APR Lavender Violette splash

On3UGeCl.jpg

Soap: Pb Black Rose
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: GEM Junior
Blade: GEM (2)
I said to Mrs Pbgoose last night 'honey, which razor should I use tomorrow'? She answered 'the single edge with the black handle'. I said 'Oh, the Black Hawk'? I normally just use that when I'm travelling. She knew she was just using throw away lines so persisted ' no, the other one'.
I had to think then, but it eventually came to me 'the GEM Junior'? 'Yes' she said, 'that's the one'. She thinks I have so many razors she'd get away with it.........and she did.
Oh, superb shave by the way, the Zenith behaved itself today.

Last edited:
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless "Aussie Spoiler" (7)
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire lotion
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

Did my first live stream preaching this morning, 20 minutes looking down the barrel of a camera is challenging I can tell you! Made sure I at least looked the part with a decent shave.

Really glad that the Americana is working for you @Holiday, I brought it here as a known shedder and it continued to do so through all my use. If it is behaving better up north that is fantastic, a beautiful brush!

So let me guess the sermon was ' By Grace we are Shaved'? 'Now we see in a mirror, darkly,...........'?:)
Was it recorded? Can you send me a link?

I haven't done one for a while. Today i used:

Brush: PAA Starcraft (great synthetic knot)
Soap/Cream: A&E Frozen Mojitio (love the scent)
Razor: Krave Bronze
Blade: Astra Green
Post-shave: The Stray Whisker after shave balm

So let me guess the sermon was ' By Grace we are Shaved'? 'Now we see in a mirror, darkly,...........'?:)
Was it recorded? Can you send me a link?

boom tish!

It was live streamed and recorded so I'll send you the link when it is uploaded to our church website.

I haven't done one for a while. Today i used:

Brush: PAA Starcraft (great synthetic knot)
Soap/Cream: A&E Frozen Mojitio (love the scent)
Razor: Krave Bronze
Blade: Astra Green
Post-shave: The Stray Whisker after shave balm

Ahhh that Stray Whisker After Balm is good stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.