Not open for further replies.
WEDNESDAY ‌04/28/21 SOTD
PRE: bloom water
RAZOR: iKon B1 Stainless Steel Slant Head
BLADE: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
BRUSH: APShaveCo. 24mm Badger/Boar
SOAP: CF ‌Cedar & Spice ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌

l2dqxD2.jpg
That looks like my kind of razor! Love it. Great pic.

MONDAY
PRE: bloom water
RAZOR: RazoRock Wunderbar Slant
BLADE: Astra Superior Platinum
BRUSH: Yaqi‌ ‌26mm‌ ‌2-Band‌ ‌Badger
SOAP: B&M ‌Barrister's‌ ‌Reserve‌ ‌Spice‌

eem0YP3.jpg
Nice. That’s the Wunderbar with titanium handle right (100mm)? Given your impressive collection of razors, I’d put a lot of weight on your assessment re best slant.

I might add that to my longer term wishlist.

How do you rate the Merkur 37C?

Nice. That’s the Wunderbar with titanium handle right (100mm)? Given your impressive collection of razors, I’d put a lot of weight on your assessment re best slant.

I might add that to my longer term wishlist.

How do you rate the Merkur 37C?
I like the 37c and still use mine. It's great when you want a quick shave without having to concentrate.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Rawr
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacet #14
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Male

I like the 37c and still use mine. It's great when you want a quick shave without having to concentrate.
I'd add the Wunderbar + Ti handle is a good efficient shaver with a bit of blade feel compared to the mild but cruisy 37C.
Special mention to the iKon slants with a preference for the 102 and its weighty head compared to the torqued X3. I believe Maggard's modelled their slant head on the X3 as they're almost identical.

I'd add the Wunderbar + Ti handle is a good efficient shaver with a bit of blade feel compared to the mild but cruisy 37C.
Special mention to the iKon slants with a preference for the 102 and its weighty head compared to the torqued X3. I believe Maggard's modelled their slant head on the X3 as they're almost identical.
I believe that both the Maggard slant and the iKon B1 stainless slant are based on the vintage Multicato (below).
LNJGNbR.jpg

According to Maggard's website:
“Our Slant is based on the same vintage razor that the “iKon Stainless Steel Slant” was based on; but has several design modifications to enable mass production with the materials we chose. The shave has a different, unique feel from other slants on the market, and actually ended up different from the razor it was based on.”

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (7)
Blade: Thai (?) Wilkinson Sword (3)
Post-shave: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars splash/balm
Fragrance: N/A

When you are on a good [soap] thing ...

o95tET0l.jpg

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (7)
Blade: Thai (?) Wilkinson Sword (3)
Post-shave: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars splash/balm
Fragrance: N/A

When you are on a good [soap] thing ...

o95tET0l.jpg
Good morning you magnificent bastard, when are you going to load your Wizamet SI blade????

YJ7cyP8l.jpg

Soap: Squadron - Coronet Fougere
Brush: Semogue 610
Razor: Colonial General
Blade: Schick Proline (6)
Footings are dug.
Nice shave except I've got a cold sore right smack in the middle of my top lip. I was putting in a temporary water supply for the builders the other day and trumpeted at the dogs through a bit of the plastic pipe I'd cut. Must've injured my lip on a bur in the pipe.:banghead::)

Brush: TF Customs - Majestic 28mm Rhodium fan.
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming - Fake Yellow Light
Razor: Homelike Shaving- Colibri (1.5)
Blade: - Bic- Chrome Platinum (6)
Post-shave: Declaration Grooming - Fake Yellow Light AS / A&E skin food nourishing cream.

2 pass WTG = DFS+. Same blade as yesterday in the Colibri delivered a more agile and efficient shave with noticeable blade feel and slightly less smoothness than the 6S on plate 6 using the Bic blade. Overall I prefer the less buffering and agility of the Colibri over the 6S for a daily shave. If I was doing a 3 pass BBS shave in all directions, the 6S will come back into play again for a super comfortable shave.

Brush: TF Customs - Majestic 28mm Rhodium fan.
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming - Fake Yellow Light
Razor: Homelike Shaving- Colibri (1.5)
Blade: - Bic- Chrome Platinum (6)
Post-shave: Declaration Grooming - Fake Yellow Light AS / A&E skin food nourishing cream.

2 pass WTG = DFS+. Same blade as yesterday in the Colibri delivered a more agile and efficient shave with noticeable blade feel and slightly less smoothness than the 6S on plate 6 using the Bic blade. Overall I prefer the less buffering and agility of the Colibri over the 6S for a daily shave. If I was doing a 3 pass BBS shave in all directions, the 6S will come back into play again for a super comfortable shave.
Just teasing me with that Colibri :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.