Status
Not open for further replies.
RAZOR: Comoy's of London 6/8" with Jarrah scales
CREAM: A&E Kaizen
BRUSH: FS Best Badger knot
STROP: Dovo hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: The sweet sweet smell of victory
ka5puPV.jpg

Great success with the A&E today. I used a lot more than I usually would & kept it quite dry. The name of the soap (Kaizen) explains it all, and as a Lean Six kind of guy I'm on board with that.
Glad to see you finally nailed it :D

RAZOR: Comoy's of London 6/8" with Jarrah scales
CREAM: A&E Kaizen
BRUSH: FS Best Badger knot
STROP: Dovo hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: The sweet sweet smell of victory
ka5puPV.jpg

Great success with the A&E today. I used a lot more than I usually would & kept it quite dry. The name of the soap (Kaizen) explains it all, and as a Lean Six kind of guy I'm on board with that.

What you learnt from using this soap, you can apply to other soft soaps.

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: A&E Kaizen sample (y) @Wilkshire13
Razor: Razorock SS Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Professional Super
Post-shave: Shower, Homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

Using up the last of this sample, another great shave. @Straight up, through all his travails with A&E soaps, might have a point: it does seem to take quite a lot of this soap to make a shave. When I'm scrubbing away with my brush at a full tub, I'm not really conscious of it, but loading from a sample really makes me more aware of how much I'm using. If I were a soap miser, I might dock a mark for that, but I'm not. And I'm not in danger of running out of soap anytime soon.

Soap/Cream: A&E Kaizen sample (y)@Wilkshire13

Using up the last of this sample, another great shave. @Straight up, through all his travails with A&E soaps, might have a point: it does seem to take quite a lot of this soap to make a shave. When I'm scrubbing away with my brush at a full tub, I'm not really conscious of it, but loading from a sample really makes me more aware of how much I'm using. If I were a soap miser, I might dock a mark for that, but I'm not. And I'm not in danger of running out of soap anytime soon.

With these soft soaps, typically around 1.5grams scooped out into a bowl using a 24mm synthetic brush is ample for a 3 pass shave as long as you don't overhydrate from the beginning.

No sir, you certainly are not.:)

So happy to hear Mrs @Gargravarr is organising some great gifts for your Birthday.

the Kaizen base is a very thirsty soap, wont need to load as much as previous A&E bases

80qqx0j.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Semogue SOC Taj Mistura badger/boar
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter RAWR
Razor: Karve CB brass SB-F
Blade: Wizamet SI (1)
Post-shave: Thayers; Pinaud Musk; 'The Ordinary' Hyaluronic Acid+B5
Today was a salvage shave to see if I could recover from yesterdays effort with the Apollo and a Bic blade that should have been tossed that left me patchy and a little sliced. Lesson learnt.
I'm loving the Mistura brush, lovely feel and whips up a lather storm. That's an after 2 pass shot, still plenty left; I'm not a soap miser! Also loving the Karve with F plate, an amazingly smooth and remarkably efficient razor. DFS+, only issue was going over yesterdays weepers.

IMG-20210426-203839.jpg

Brush: Alpha Shaving Brushes Kryten Ti 258mm Manchurian UHD
Razor: Merker 34C
Blade: Kai (2)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Declaration Grooming Trismegistus
Post: Byron Bay Medicinal Herbs Dragons Blood Beauty Serum + The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml // Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

First few shaves with the Kai blade and certainly super sharp but not as harsh as Feather. Almost tempted to grab a few extras but way too expensive. :(
Curious to see how far the shaves last as so far BBS in both the Rocca and milder 34C. Finally finished the croap so onto the next ones which will be Mitchells Wool Fat or Cella Green - both solid performers...

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

M7, Liquid Gold, Best Badger
Charcoal Goods, Stinger, Level 2 Closed Comb (Gen 1) + Astra SP
MdC Fougere

Sublime shave this morning. I would have liked to gone for a thrid and fourth pass, but alas, no time.​
Great combo mate, especially the CG Gen 1 + Stinger handle. :love:

Tonights shave wasn't very comfortable. I should know by now that BIC chrome platinum need a razor that clamps it solid...not a butterfly razor like the slim. Prickly shave but blood free.

Brush-Yaqi 26mm evil zebra
Razor-1966 Gillette slim adjustable
Soap-Goodfellas smile Amber Fougere
Blade-BIC chrome platinum
Aftershave-Avon blunderbuss Tai Winds

Pre-shave:- Hot towel
Bowl/Scuttle:- Face lather
Brush:- 26mm Culmak 30
Soap/Cream: TOBS Lavender
Razor:- 5/8 Bengall
Post shave:- Speick Balm
After shave:- Musgo Real

51141709208_7373d5e78a_c.jpg

The little brushes are under rated. Had a great shave with this 18mm knot.

Yep - efficient little buggers!

Status
Not open for further replies.