SOAP: Barrister and Mann Oceana Soft Heart Base

mCMLqBo.jpg

p5HEV2h.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Blue & Gold 30mm Tuxedo P&C 2019 Charity Auction
Razor: Timeless Bronze 0.38mm SB
Blade: Kai (4)
Pre: Shower
Soap: MWF
Post: Imperial Leather Classic A/S Splash // Byron Bay Medicinal Herbs Dragons Blood Beauty Serum
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

An equally smooth and efficient shave but starting to feel rough on the touchups...

oZeH8uI.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Blue & Gold 30mm Tuxedo P&C 2019 Charity Auction
Razor: iKon 102 Slant Shavecraft + OSS Handle
Blade: Kai (5)
Pre: Shower
Soap: MWF
Post: Blue Stratos Eau De Mo A/S Splash // TSW After Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Not the smoothest shave to finish off the working week but man was it efficient! :eek:

Stay Safe & Have a Wonderful Weekend!

Pre-shave: Poraso white 5 min hot towel
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Badger
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter - BARRBARR
Razor: Karve CB (B-SB)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Black SP (4)
Post-shave: Cold Water Splash, Alum, TSW After Balm

1st pass👍👍
2nd pass, did someone remove my blade?🤣

4.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Mystic Water Jeff's Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai PINK
Post-shave: Shower, Homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

I think I've missed one or two SOTD posts over the last couple of days - I've been polishing off the last of my sample of APR Velours Noir (thanks @Wilkshire13 (y)). This was short of teasing myself, since of course this soap is never going to be obtainable. Interestingly, the menth came through more on this shave than previously. A clever accord. For all my previous bagging of APR for being so deliberately exclusive [adjectives of choice], this is (was) a fine scent.

Now back to home turf (probably for the weekend) and yes, another lavender, how predictable, too fucking bad. I love this peppery lavender, we don't get this with any Australian products that I know of.

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- BSB Spain 24mm
Soap:- Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
Razors: Timeless 0.68 SB - Scalloped Head
Blade:- Wizamet (5)
Aftershave:- Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary

Took a few shaves to dial the 6T8 back in. Really enjoying comfortable smooth DFS+ and regrowth after 12 Hrs.
None of this DSBBS and nothing to shave the next day

ssnFt4O.jpg

Late-night shave

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Rawr
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.66mm) E1 1959 US / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- N/A

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (7)
Blade: Thai (?) Wilkinson Sword (5)
Post-shave: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose splash
Fragrance: N/A

Forgot how nice the FBR is, and this brush ...

a9wUMzNl.jpg

Pre-shave: Warm Water
Brush: Wolf Whiskers - custom 30mm black wolf
Soap/Cream: A&E - Revolution
Razor: Homelike Shaving- Colibri (1,5)
Blade: - Derby Premium (4)
Post-shave: A&E - Revolution AS / A&E skin food nourishing cream.
Fragrance: Victor & Rolf - Spicebomb

2 pass WTG = DFS+. Surprisingly really good shave. Thought the Derby Premium blade would be a bummer. That was not the case. Decent modestly sharp and smooth blade. The colibri is beginning to be a favoured razor.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Pears Bar Soap (melted into Old Spice Mug)
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.66mm) E1 1959 US / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Aaaaaah. My good old days as a teenager started wet shaving using Pears as a shaving soap, a shaving brush and a cartridge razor.

CAF02792-6-A45-4130-9-EB8-4100143-C93-DA.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (7)
Blade: P&G Gillette Wilkinson Sword blade (1)
Post-shave: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose splash
Fragrance: N/A

Was time for a blade change, but only for one I will use for a couple of days, so very disposable. The P&G Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades I think hit that mark!

Made in Shanghai with Gillette branding everywhere but the Wilkinson Sword name - not like the old days!

a9wUMzNl.jpg

8MAxKtJl.jpg

Soap: P&B Baskerville
Brush: Platypus
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Dorco ST-301 (2)
My estimation wasn't too far out the other day @Holiday . I was surprised at how similar the shave provided by the Piccolo was to the Lambda Ares.
There is more blade exposure on the Piccolo and more razor noise when shaving. The Piccolo is harder to maintain a grip on as the handle is significantly smaller than the Ares. The top cap on the Ares curves much more so the blade angle is greater.
Initially I thought the Piccolo was as efficient and smooth but over the course of the shave it became apparent the Ares is the superior razor, slightly more efficient and smooth and more consistent which is what you'd expect given the vastly different price tags. But still, for the money the Piccolo gives an impressive and similar shave experience to the Ares.
But post all this blah, you know which razor I'm going to be reaching for out of the two.:)
I think @Razor Burn is right in waiting for the SB version of the Lambda but for me I couldn't go past the look of the bronze OC.

Last edited by a moderator:
8MAxKtJl.jpg

Soap: P&B Baskerville
Brush: Platypus
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Dorco ST-301 (2)
My estimation wasn't too far out the other day @Holiday . I was surprised at how similar the shave provided by the Piccolo was to the Lambda Ares.
There is more blade exposure on the Piccolo and more razor noise when shaving. The Piccolo is harder to maintain a grip on as the handle is significantly smaller than the Ares. The top cap on the Ares curves much more so the blade angle is greater.
Initially I thought the Piccolo was as efficient and smooth but over the course of the shave it became apparent the Ares is the superior razor, slightly more efficient and smooth and more consistent which is what you'd expect given the vastly different price tags. But still, for the money the Piccolo gives an impressive and similar shave experience to the Ares.
But post all this blah, you know which razor I'm going to be reaching for out of the two.:)
I think @Razor Burn is right in waiting for the SB version of the Lambda but for me I couldn't go past the look of the brone OC.
Hey @Mark1966 could you appropriately place a ‘z’ for me in ‘brone’.😀

Status
Not open for further replies.