IMG-20210509-090204.jpg

Brush: Alpha Shaving Brushes BetaHive Cu 28mm SHD Manchurian
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo H 0.85mm Aggressive Plate
Blade: Gillette Minora (1) - thanks @rhodes96
Pre: Shower
Soap: ETHOS Grooming Success sample - - thanks @rhodes96
Post: Nivea 2 Phase A/S Lotion & Sensitive Post Shave Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

I've long wished to try me some ETHOS Grooming soap and thanks to the kindness of @rhodes96 my wish has been fulfilled. First impressions are worthy of the high praise it gets with a lovely scent, great slickness and superior post shave feel. Frank aka Dragonsbeard is on to a winner and I look forward to adding some of his products to my collection in 2022.
High praise for the Minora blade as it added some blade feel to the razor but still felt smooth and shaved super close. Look forward to trying it out in some other razors later next week. (y)

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

10.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

The autopilot took charge of this morning's shave, and he predictably picked the green tub. Can't fault his judgment though. There are soap makers who change their base with every other batch, and there are those who just got it right the first time.

Pre-shave:- Hot towel
Bowl/Scuttle:- HG Scuttle
Brush:- Strong Set 20mm Synth
Soap/Cream: B&M Cheshire
Razor:- Fatboy with Derby Extra
Post shave:- Speick Balm
After shave:- Suavecito Whiskey Bar

51168221380_0e219177d3_c.jpg
Nice, very, very classy!

Pre-shave:- Hot towel
Bowl/Scuttle:- HG Scuttle
Brush:- Strong Set 20mm Synth
Soap/Cream: B&M Cheshire
Razor:- Fatboy with Derby Extra
Post shave:- Speick Balm
After shave:- Suavecito Whiskey Bar

51168221380_0e219177d3_c.jpg
Nice, very, very classy!
Thank goodness it isn’t bloody pink for today Mother’s Day …. PHEW!!!

Nice, very, very classy!
Cheers. To help @SpeedyPC out I might shoot the pink stuff in BW ... or not. My once in a blue moon can't be bothered with a straight razor hence the Derby extra blade which I had to order online because you couldn't get blades back then. Finally getting down to the last few of the 100 I grabbed at the dawn of time.

Last edited:
Cheers. To help @SpeedyPC out I might shoot the pink stuff in BW ... or not. My once in a blue moon can't be bothered with a straight razor hence the Derby extra blade which I had to order online because you couldn't get blades back then. Finally getting down to the last few of the 100 I grabbed at the dawn of time.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Don’t worry @Ebonysw45, I have a good assortment of DE blades headed your way tomorrow 😁

Should let you take that Fatboy out for a run every now and then
I’ve got feathers but find them a little too much in the fatboy but they work a treat in my Tech. So with the blades I get from you and the ones Craig sent along with the brush and soap I should be able to give it an outing more often.

06152182-5-ACB-4-E6-F-8-EAB-B0-AE9-FBD68-CA.jpg

Razor: Gillette Executive Fatboy (F1) on setting 7
Blade: Nacet (6)
Soap: Blue Devil Shave Co. Lust
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow

Enough already said about @CraigE ’s marvellous soap. I have 3 variants and enjoy all. Best way I can describe “Lust” is the rose scent/flavour from a Turkish Delight chocolate bar. Probably a divisive scent (as is the chocolate bar), but I’m all for it!

06152182-5-ACB-4-E6-F-8-EAB-B0-AE9-FBD68-CA.jpg

Razor: Gillette Executive Fatboy (F1) on setting 7
Blade: Nacet (6)
Soap: Blue Devil Shave Co. Lust
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow

Enough already said about @CraigE ’s marvellous soap. I have 3 variants and enjoy all. Best way I can describe “Lust” is the rose scent/flavour from a Turkish Delight chocolate bar. Probably a divisive scent (as is the chocolate bar), but I’m all for it!
Thankyou, that is a good description. My scents at this stage are pretty simple, as I get further along they will only get better.

IMG-5442.jpg

My first SOTD post! Nothing fancy.

Nivea Shave Cream
Omega Boar Brush
Henson AL13 Mild
Qshave Titanium blade

It's my 5th use of the Henson and I think it was not the best choice for 3 day growth (which isn't even that much relatively, 3mm max?), being mild and not really efficient. Took 4-5 passes and some buffing to get DFS. Also I found the Nivea shave cream dried way too quick; could be due to the cream itself, not enough water on the brush, or my technique (I face lathered this one). Might have to try lathering in a bowl.

IMG-5442.jpg

My first SOTD post! Nothing fancy.

Nivea Shave Cream
Omega Boar Brush
Henson AL13 Mild
Qshave Titanium blade

It's my 5th use of the Henson and I think it was not the best choice for 3 day growth (which isn't even that much relatively, 3mm max?), being mild and not really efficient. Took 4-5 passes and some buffing to get DFS. Also I found the Nivea shave cream dried way too quick; could be due to the cream itself, not enough water on the brush, or my technique (I face lathered this one). Might have to try lathering in a bowl.
Lathering in a bowl won't stop it drying out, and as a long-time bowl latherer, I'm now inclined to say you'll get better results from face lathering (and you get to enjoy your brush more). I'd suggest a better soap and a better blade. For the former, you could do worse than go to Artisan Arcade, and for the latter, I wound suggest a Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge Yellow, or if you're feeling brave, a Feather.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soaps Bay Rum shaving soap
Razor: Muhle Rocca R95 Birch Bark razor
Blade: Persona "Lab Blue' (1)
Post-shave: Stirling Soaps Bay Rum splash
Fragrance: Stirling Soaps Bay Rum EDT

Did somebody say Artisan Arcade and their Stirling Soaps?

Great result!

ZCQfgull.jpg

IMG-20210509-173903.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm Tuxedo
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R94
Blade: Gillette Minora (2) - thanks @rhodes96
Pre: Shower
Soap: A&E Club Baccara (Kaizen 2) sample - - thanks @rhodes96
Post: Nivea 2 Phase A/S Lotion & Sensitive Post Shave Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS+ :eek:

If this shave is a measure of what the week ahead will be then its due to be a ripper as this mornings shave was pure bliss!
The blade shaved buttery smooth WTG and close ATG and I might've actually found an A&E soap where the scent doesn't feel too overpowering or chemically!?!? Not sure the Kaizen 2 base is that much better than the previous versions to warrant any future investment but a great shave none the less! Plus enough left over for Tuesday's shave so win win!!!

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Lathering in a bowl won't stop it drying out, and as a long-time bowl latherer, I'm now inclined to say you'll get better results from face lathering (and you get to enjoy your brush more). I'd suggest a better soap and a better blade. For the former, you could do worse than go to Artisan Arcade, and for the latter, I wound suggest a Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge Yellow, or if you're feeling brave, a Feather.

thanks! I’ve actually got a proraso green that was given to me which will probably be better than the Nivea, which was from my Mach3 days. The Gillette 7oc yellow is actually on my list of blades to try. Just wanna run out the qshave blades first.

YSOTD
Pre
: Shower
Razor: Timeless 95
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: Yaqi 2-Band Badger
Soap: Two Kings

51169843520_04da1a676e_b.jpg

What a shave!! been a while and it def didn’t disappoint, chucked a lighter handle (Rocca R94) and enjoyed the change.

SOTD
Pre
: Shower
Razor: R95
Blade: German Wilkie
Brush: FS 23mm G4
Soap: MdC Rose

51169531199_31359c7148_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.