Status
Not open for further replies.
A sad day as my last supply of Restoration Serum has finally runout! :cry:
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Hoffritz branded Simpson brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose soap
Razor: Vintage (replated) Gillette 'Fatboy' (6)
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword (11)
Post-shave: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose splash
Fragrance: N/A

It is big
It is butterscotch
It is beautiful

N3oyrxH.jpg

s.png
Pre-shave:
Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: CaYuen "Copper Ore" 30mm SynBad
Soap/Cream: Castle Forbes Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, Homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+.

A return to old favourites for the weekend. Next week is for trying some more samples...

MyBM9BNl.jpg

Soap: Pb Bay Lime
Brush: Omega 10098
Razor: Colonial General
Blade: Schick Proline (9)
AS: APR Alfredus Choice
First shave in the shed bathroom. Like I said, we're doing it tough.:)
Got a decent shave out of the Proline but I'm not going past 9 shaves.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Two Kings
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette Minora Stainless #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

SOTN
Stirling Pearberry
You know when you smell the scent and it's awesome and your expectation from same Soap manufacturer then runs rampage cause you have another of the same Soap maker and you just expect it to be as good and most times better. Well the scent was good, the lather was awesome the final application in the scent with lather was not as good as the Stirling Haverford. Also from this one I got the tiniest of irritation on my skin. Still a pretty good shave otherwise.
exV18Eh.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Wolf Whiskers - blueberry pie 24mm blackwolf
Soap/Cream: Stirling - Executive Man
Razor: Razorock - SS Lupo 95
Blade: Gillette - Stainless (red & white) (7)
Post-shave: Fine - Platinum / Stirling - Executive Man AS balm

2 pass WTG daily shave = DFS+. An even better shave than the previous day. The Lupo 95 is super agile and delivers a fantastic smooth and efficient shave. This razor carves up all the difficult to reach places that the Rocca struggles with.

@Razor Burn when your self imposed sabbatical is over, make sure you add this razor to your inventory. (y)

SOTN
Stirling Pearberry
You know when you smell the scent and it's awesome and your expectation from same Soap manufacturer then runs rampage cause you have another of the same Soap maker and you just expect it to be as good and most times better. Well the scent was good, the lather was awesome the final application in the scent with lather was not as good as the Stirling Haverford. Also from this one I got the tiniest of irritation on my skin. Still a pretty good shave otherwise.
exV18Eh.jpg

Stirling's Haverford is an Homage of Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille fragrance. Generally the homage soap scents are more refined and popular due to people matching fragrances they already own or have used.

This is not to say they are better than an artisans own scented soaps and splashes. There are some absolutely brilliant custom artisan fragranced soaps and splashes out there. Some even make their own matching Edt/Edp.

Use this link https://www.thirstybadger.ca/shaving-fragrance-homage/ to have a look at the shaving soap homage list. Great for cross referencing your favourite fragrance to a matching artisan soap.

Living in the tropics I don't get occasion to use a scuttle designed to keep lather warm very often.
Maybe I should fill with ice water instead :)
yaQsiTa.jpg

TF Custom Phantom Nebula handle 28mm badger
TOOPS BROS Tom-Slide
Murphy & McNeil Mandate of Heaven​

A1-B1-CF9-B-4446-438-D-B432-890226-D31-D9-A.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Nivea Skin & Stubble
Brush: Yaqi Moka
Soap: Stirling Gin & Tonic
Razor: Pearl Flexi
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum Black (3)

My first Stirling and boy did I underestimate how much lather would explode from this. Don't know why I loaded that much. Maybe I just wanted to keep enjoying the scent :playful:. I'll post my thoughts on the Flexi separately, which gave me a great shave.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Hoffritz branded Simpson brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose soap
Razor: Vintage (replated) Gillette 'Fatboy' (6)
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword (12)
Post-shave: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose splash
Fragrance: N/A

Last day for this razor and blades, 12 is enough. Love my Fatboy!

N3oyrxH.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Wolf Whiskers - blueberry pie 24mm blackwolf
Soap/Cream: Stirling - Executive Man
Razor: Razorock - SS Lupo 95
Blade: Gillette - Stainless (red & white) (7)
Post-shave: Fine - Platinum / Stirling - Executive Man AS balm

2 pass WTG daily shave = DFS+. An even better shave than the previous day. The Lupo 95 is super agile and delivers a fantastic smooth and efficient shave. This razor carves up all the difficult to reach places that the Rocca struggles with.

@Razor Burn when your self imposed sabbatical is over, make sure you add this razor to your inventory. (y)

Thanks for the recommendation as I aim to add a standard WR1 in 2022, as I found it slightly better than the WR2 .95 so the Lupo 95 makes perfect sense (budget alternative) ;)

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Castle Forbes Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, Homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+.

Mmmmm :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.