Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Haircut & Shave Co. - green resin 24mm tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Stirling - Dunshire
Razor: Razorock - SS Lupo 95
Blade: Gillette - Minora Stainless (23)
Post-shave: T.N Dickinsons - Witch hazel toner / Stirling - Dunshire AS balm

2 pass WTG + touchups daily shave = DFS+. Practically a BBS, not bad for blade with 23 shaves on it.

Semogue Boar - A gift thank you my friend it was a little ripper ;)
Juiced - Interesting
Super Max - Blue Diamond
RW 6C - Yaqi Grace Handle 110mm
SGSxIbg.jpg

Last edited:
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson brush
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Three Kings soap
Razor: Vintage Wilkinson Sword 'Sticky'
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Krona (1)
Post-shave: Noble Otter Three Kings splash
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Halfeti

Well despite having no local cases it seems I'm not wanted in most parts of Australia - so my travel for this week is on hold!

Thinking of those in 'lockdown land' - greetings from Mask City.

Ky1SRsxl.jpg

QIDLWHTl.jpg

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Autumn Glory
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Tonight Tipple:- Crown Royal Black Canadian

Pre: Proraso white pre-shave cream
Brush: TF Customs 28mm Boar
Soap: Squadron, Dutch Resistance
Razor: Vintage Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip
Razor Stand: Troycraft Customs
Blade: Gillette Minora (3)
Fragrance: APR, Suitably Attired

Aniseed in the soap is very strong! No matching fragrance in my den for the Dutch Resistance, so sample APR it is. The Boar brush tips are softening up nicely with more usage.

gw6h5RJ.jpg

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw - Timmerman sample - Thanks @rhodes96(y)
Razor: RR SS Hawk V3
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, Homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+.

I'm now only just halfway through @rhodes96' trove of samples - I keep getting distracted. I've obviously got the attention span of a goldfish.:rolleyes: The last WK soap I had (Chypre Rose Concerto) was in the previous donkey milk base. This one is the new Siero base, and for once I can actually tell the difference, though it's a small one. The scent notes WK mention are "exotic Oud and complemented with Cashmeran, Cedarwood, Musk, Patchouli, Vanilla, Labdanum, Elemi, Ginger, Olibanum". I doubt if I get more than half of all that, but it's a fine scent nonetheless (for once I didn't notice the patchouli (y)), unexpectedly fresh but redolent of a time before the infernal combustion engine...

The Proline revisited the Hawk today: last time I dismissed it as too mild, and today was no different. The fool's pass was easy and smooth, but it was simply not up to the job of dealing with the briar patch below the jaw.

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw - Timmerman sample - Thanks @rhodes96(y)
Razor: RR SS Hawk V3
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, Homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+.

I'm now only just halfway through @rhodes96' trove of samples - I keep getting distracted. I've obviously got the attention span of a goldfish.:rolleyes: The last WK soap I had (Chypre Rose Concerto) was in the previous donkey milk base. This one is the new Siero base, and for once I can actually tell the difference, though it's a small one. The scent notes WK mention are "exotic Oud and complemented with Cashmeran, Cedarwood, Musk, Patchouli, Vanilla, Labdanum, Elemi, Ginger, Olibanum". I doubt if I get more than half of all that, but it's a fine scent nonetheless (for once I didn't notice the patchouli (y)), unexpectedly fresh but redolent of a time before the infernal combustion engine...

The Proline revisited the Hawk today: last time I dismissed it as too mild, and today was no different. The fool's pass was easy and smooth, but it was simply not up to the job of dealing with the briar patch below the jaw.

The Hawk V3 standard head is mild. Use the same blade in the Open Comb and it is a world of difference. I have both the A plate and OC, and 100% the OC is more aggressive despite what Razorock claim. This is probably why the pro supers feel good with the standard plate and the prolines a little mild for your use. Switch to the OC and the pro supers will feel likely feel harsh for the first few shaves while the prolines feel great from the first shave. Next shave I will try your suggestion of the Kai Pinks in the OC Hawk. ( been stuck in blade testing mode with the excellent the Minora SS DE blades.)

The Hawk V3 standard head is mild. Use the same blade in the Open Comb and it is a world of difference. I have both the A plate and OC, and 100% the OC is more aggressive despite what Razorock claim. This is probably why the pro supers feel good with the standard plate and the prolines a little mild for your use. Switch to the OC and the pro supers will feel likely feel harsh for the first few shaves while the prolines feel great from the first shave. Next shave I will try your suggestion of the Kai Pinks in the OC Hawk. ( been stuck in blade testing mode with the excellent the Minora SS DE blades.)
I sent back the OC baseplate, as it was a bit too spiky for the top of my melon. (Needless to say, Vshod were totally cool about the exchange, wouldn't even let me pay postage.) I wouldn't notice it if I were just a face shaver, as there's a bit more padding there. :) I never considered that when I first looked at the Hawk, as I didn't mind the prongs on the JAWS, but those on the Hawk are quite a lot sharper.

I haven't got around to trying the Kai blades in the Hawk either. That'll be next up for tomorrow... Funnily enough, everything works well in the Vector, even the Chinese No-Names. Go figure... :rolleyes:

51275718473_0a89f1536e_c.jpg

Pre-shave:- Hot towel
Bowl/Scuttle:- Blue bowl
Brush:-Simpson Chubby 3 Synth.
Soap/Cream: St James Tonka & Tabacco Flower
Razor:- 6/8 George Wostenholm IXL
Cologne:- St James Tonka & Tabacco Flower

Great shave. All new everything, brush razor and software. The Simpson synth is probably the best synth I have tried and the St James lathers up if you look at it hard.

I sent back the OC baseplate, as it was a bit too spiky for the top of my melon. (Needless to say, Vshod were totally cool about the exchange, wouldn't even let me pay postage.) I wouldn't notice it if I were just a face shaver, as there's a bit more padding there. :) I never considered that when I first looked at the Hawk, as I didn't mind the prongs on the JAWS, but those on the Hawk are quite a lot sharper.

I haven't got around to trying the Kai blades in the Hawk either. That'll be next up for tomorrow... Funnily enough, everything works well in the Vector, even the Chinese No-Names. Go figure... :rolleyes:
What did they slug you for the OC plate? Been thinking about one myself.

IMG-20210627-212150.jpg

Brush: RR Boar
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo H - both sides of plate
Blade: Gillette Minora Stainless (26) - thanks @rhodes96
Head : Headblade Moto
Pre: Shower
Soap: AP Reserve Winterfall
Post: Byron Bay Medicinal Herbs Dragons Blood Beauty Serum + The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml // TSW After Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS

Brush: Proraso Omega Boar
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R94
Blade: Gillette Red & White Stainless (24) - thanks @rhodes96
Pre: Shower
Soap: AP Reserve Winterfall
Post: Byron Bay Medicinal Herbs Dragons Blood Beauty Serum + The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml // TSW After Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

SOTN
Awesome shave :love:
Now I'm sure everyone can agree that not all in a Soap Makers range can be loved and forgive me for saying but not even liked but this Barbiere Sofisticato is bloody awesome for me.
I have Kaizen, Barbiere, Grecian Horse love them all from the range and have tried others that have not liked or enjoyed
eHcXbQA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.