Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Shower, Proraso White
Brush: Tony Forsyth 24mm Badger
Soap/Cream: Shaver Heaven - Fig & Brown Sugar
Razor: Karve CB (C-SB)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Black SP (6)
Post-shave: Cold Water Splash, Alum, TSW After Balm

Happy Birthday to me, had a shave and went out for dinner.

Happy birthday.

Meanwhile in Sydney.
tenor.gif

Anyone catching the tennis? Hey look at all those people in one place. I remember that.

Happy birthday Joker here’s your special birthday gift from Batman.
giphy.gif

How many times have I told you to stay out of trouble on your birthday

Last edited:
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson brush
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Three Kings soap
Razor: Vintage Wilkinson Sword 'Sticky'
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Krona (2)
Post-shave: Noble Otter Three Kings splash
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Halfeti

Happy Birthday (for yesterday?) @gabba32 !

Now, a little of the background to this razor, the Wilkinson Sword 'Sticky'. It was designed by Sir Kenneth Grange, a famous UK designer with am impressive portfolio of work across a vast array of areas, from toasters to trains! See a little of a homage to the razor and its designer in another forum here.

Ky1SRsxl.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: DSC - Citrine 26mm tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Blue Devil Shave Co. - Sinnerman Orange
Razor: Razorock - Hawk V3 OC
Blade: Kai Captain - Mild Pink
Post-shave: Lucky Tiger - AS face tonic / Lucky Tiger- Face Moisturiser

2 pass WTG + touchups daily shave = BBS . First use of Kai Captain Mild pink SE AC blade in the Hawk. A little edgy for the first few strokes then it settles down and becomes smoother. Similar efficiency to the Schick Prolines, although not as smooth. Still a very efficient blade to use for the OC Hawk, and a better choice for myself than the Feather Pro and Pro Super blades for this razor.

Happy birthday @gabba32 (y)

Good morning shavers. Nice to see new faces :) on the forum. Hope everyone has been "acquiring" needed sharp implements and having a good time.
I spoke on the phone the other day with @Pbgoose about an experimental hot process soap I made with a short black coffee from my machine and 40% Kokum butter as the main oil in the blend. Extraordinary lather but expensive to make. Kokum butter is now a premium ingredient. The coffee adds a small amount of aroma. I mixed Cedarwood as the essential oil. The lather is actually light brown.
I used this soap for last night's shave with my straight and it was very good. Smooth and the skin feel after was great.
Freshly honed blade on my Japanese Kita.
My new soap and of course a brush.
Steve

Good morning shavers. Nice to see new faces :) on the forum. Hope everyone has been "acquiring" needed sharp implements and having a good time.
I spoke on the phone the other day with @Pbgoose about an experimental hot process soap I made with a short black coffee from my machine and 40% Kokum butter as the main oil in the blend. Extraordinary lather but expensive to make. Kokum butter is now a premium ingredient. The coffee adds a small amount of aroma. I mixed Cedarwood as the essential oil. The lather is actually light brown.
I used this soap for last night's shave with my straight and it was very good. Smooth and the skin feel after was great.
Steve

Sorry, who are you? ;)

Nice to see you a) still walking around this earth and b) posting here!

Steve
Pic of the soap?

CBKO8jOl.jpg

Soap: Pb Bay Lime
Brush: Omega 10098
Razor: Colonial General
Blade: Feather Pro (1)
Very nice shave with the General after a tense moment last night where I went to load the new blade and dropped the handle on the concrete floor. Fortunately I broke the fall with my foot before it hit the floor but of course it hit on the edge of the thread and only just noticeably tightened up the engagement. We're still good!

Happy birthday @gabba32 :D

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson brush
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Three Kings soap
Razor: Vintage Wilkinson Sword 'Sticky'
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Krona (2)
Post-shave: Noble Otter Three Kings splash
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Halfeti

Happy Birthday (for yesterday?) @gabba32 !

Now, a little of the background to this razor, the Wilkinson Sword 'Sticky'. It was designed by Sir Kenneth Grange, a famous UK designer with am impressive portfolio of work across a vast array of areas, from toasters to trains! See a little of a homage to the razor and its designer in another forum here.

Ky1SRsxl.jpg

Never heard or seen that before. Awesome SOTD. Gripy when wet.. ingenious.

Steve
Welcome back bald as

5.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Barrister & Mann - O, Delight! sample - Thanks @rhodes96 (y)
Razor: RR SS Hawk V3
Blade: Kai PINK
Post-shave: Shower, Homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+.

I had forgotten just how good B&M's Excelsior base is. Today's lather was probably the slickest, creamiest and glossiest I have produced this year, and it would have been impossible to get less than a great shave out of it. Sadly, the scent lets it down a bit. Generally speaking, I have a problematic record with B&M scents, in most cases finding them a bit artificial, and to be honest, this one is no exception, being largely dominated by an ersatz hazelnut scent. Other notes are honey (lots and lots), orange flower, lemon, apricot and nutmeg. The whole mix is very dark (from the kokum butter?), giving the resultant lather a rich clotted-cream colour that looks (and is) utterly sumptuous, but smelling like some sort of biscuit that you don't want to eat. Well worth trying, though, it had attracted my interest a while back.

Finally got around to using the PINK in this razor for the first time. I don't really know what happened there, I sort of landed on the Supers straight away, and never moved on. A big contrast to the Proline, this blade had no difficulty with the briar patch under my chin, and I don't really know why. Until today, I would have said the PINK and the Proline were pretty evenly matched...

Status
Not open for further replies.