Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a Big Boy De Luxe Gold, the New Improved has the alignment pins like an OLD.

Thanks Toby, even better then. Apparently a very rare "museum piece" according to Matt from Razor Emporium only produced 1930 - 31 during the great depression

Yep, you don't see them for sale very often, and it's a sellers market for any of the New Deluxe razors, good stuff!

Yep, what he said!

It is one I always get wrong in naming, know I've got it wrong, think of what the answer is, can't think of it and then revert back to 'well it must be ...'

Whatever it is called, a great razor and lovely to shave with.

RAZOR: Comoys 6/8"
CREAM: Simpsons
BRUSH: Mason Pearson Best Badger
STROP: Dovo hanging strop
AFTERSHAVE: Paco Rabanne
wF0ileI.jpg

doLvcqr.jpg

Pre-shave:
Hot shower
Brush: TF Custom/26mm Oumo SHD LotusTip
Soap/Cream: Squadron ‘Sweetheart’
Razor: Lupo SS 95
Blade:
Bic (1)
Post-shave: Alum block, Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve, Jovan

The Lupo feels slightly more blade forward than the Karve F plate I've been using and is just as efficient. The Oumo knot is soft as, but tends to hold onto the soap a lot.
The Sweetheart is nearly gone (story of my life) so I will have to decide on a suitable replacement from Squadron pretty soon. DFS+

345 Bell Air Soap (Sample)
Just where are these Soap makers I keep coming across hiding. What a lather what a lather amazing and easy. So how did it perform, slickness & protection was second to none that I have already on the Shave Den Shelf right up there. Post shave skin feels fresh clean and soft.
xVfDpHe.jpg

Great close DFS+ single pass with a fresh razor off the new to me Ozuku Jnat. This stone has enormous potential.
Razor - Ryiki [Tanifuji] 6/8" square point.
Soap - ARKO Good lather but face feel post shave very much on the dry side.
Brush - Boar rehandled in a turned piece of Red Gum.
The image is only to show the brush :) The same as yours @Pbgoose
A really classy SOTD photo @bald as (y)

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Butterscotch Simpson 8"
Soap:- The Gentlemen's Quarter Bay Rum w/Sweet Orange
Razor:- Big Boy De Luxe Gold
Blade:- Gillette Super Stainless (8)
Aftershave:- St Johns' Bay Rum Virgin Island
5Bote0Q.jpg

Any razor that delivers a DFS+ single pass every time deserves respect T/H

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: TF Customs - P&C 2020 charity auction Ivory 2 band finest
Soap/Cream: Zingari Man - The Magician
Razor: Razorock - Lupo SS 95
Blade: Gillette - Stainless (red & white) (10)
Post-shave: Zingari Man - The Magician recovery splash / Zingari Man - Sego Aftershave balm

2 pass WTG daily shave = DFS+. A big yes to the Lupo 95 as a daily shaver, ticks all the right boxes for me.

The soap - Zingari Man - The Magician. Soap strength medium
Off the tub, and light to medium for the splash. Scent notes, orange blossom, fern, oakmoss.

Another interesting one, fortunately I liked this one. Three simple scent notes and they all balance each other really well. Bright floral ziestiness from the orange blossom, fresh green accord from the fern, and you have the earthy woody wet fresh accord with hint of musk from the oakmoss. The Fern is tamed alot by the orange blossom, which inturn is tamed by the oakmoss. The soap/splash combo could be best described as bright, lightly floral, green, and fresh with little projection, which is good, as it makes a great fragrance when shaving, it not something I would want to smell like when going to the office or an evening dinner.

Fragrance fact, both Neroli and Orange blossom are from the same part of the bitter orange tree (flower). The difference is Neroli is derived by steam distillation, while Orange blossom is derived by solvent distillation.

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Mystic Water Jeff's Lavender
Razor: RR SS Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Pro Super
Post-shave: Shower, Homebrew moisturiser

Same setup as the last few days'. But this time I've used a completely different picture. See?

Razor: Rocca R96
Brush: Rockwell Synthetic
Soap: A&E Kaizen
Splash: A&E Kaizen Splash

Interview SOTD :)

I left the whiskers for 3 days for optimal length and smoothness, this always results in the smoothest and closest shaves for me. Planned it well and then got hit with mask mandate restrictions :LOL:

Nevertheless, it was an amazing shave and got to say this little Rockwell brush continues to impress

51315031421_37799878f0_b.jpg

Razor: Rocca R96
Brush: Rockwell Synthetic
Soap: A&E Kaizen
Splash: A&E Kaizen Splash

Interview SOTD :)

I left the whiskers for 3 days for optimal length and smoothness, this always results in the smoothest and closest shaves for me. Planned it well and then got hit with mask mandate restrictions :LOL:

Nevertheless, it was an amazing shave and got to say this little Rockwell brush continues to impress

51315031421_37799878f0_b.jpg
That was quick! Good luck with the interview... 🤞

44-BCEE09-3-E5-B-4-B63-ACA2-D07713-A38596.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Nivea Skin & Stubble
Brush: Yaqi Moka
Soap: Squadron Empire
Razor: Rocca R95
Blade: Nacet (4)

Ah that new razor feeling. Put a bit of mineral oil on the birch to bring out a bit of shine. Let down by the Nacet though; tugged after the first pass, swapped the blade direction, smoother but not that sharp anymore. Managed a DFS and called it a night.

The birch definitely felt a bit grippier. And pleasant to hold. And did I mention it's purty? :)

44-BCEE09-3-E5-B-4-B63-ACA2-D07713-A38596.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Nivea Skin & Stubble
Brush: Yaqi Moka
Soap: Squadron Empire
Razor: Rocca R95
Blade: Nacet (4)

Ah that new razor feeling. Put a bit of mineral oil on the birch to bring out a bit of shine. Let down by the Nacet though; tugged after the first pass, swapped the blade direction, smoother but not that sharp anymore. Managed a DFS and called it a night.

The birch definitely felt a bit grippier. And pleasant to hold. And did I mention it's purty? :)

try a Gillette minora or 7 o’clock sharp edge in this razor..

Status
Not open for further replies.