Status
Not open for further replies.
FB926209-C44-A-4-E54-AE35-A3-FEA0761724.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Nivea Skin & Stubble
Brush: Yaqi Moka
Soap: Blue Devil Tropical Colada
Razor: Muhle Rocca R95
Blade: Gillette Minora (2)

2nd shave with the Minora in the birch Rocca. Definitely not as sharp as the Nacet, but it's smooth and almost forgiving (if you could call something dangerously sharp that lol). BBS- tonight. I'd almost say I prefer the Nacet a tad more at this stage, but the Minora would obviously beat it based on its reputed longevity.

We don't see lavender very often in your lineup of software. What do you think of Mike's? The scent, that is...

Incidentally, and apropos of nothing, I notice he seems to have recently moved from Ann Arbor to Portland OR...

WOW, that is a big move from Michigan across to the West Coast, both cold though so maybe that is the attraction!

The performance of Mike's is sensational - we all know that though. Scent wise I don't get a lot from any of them I confess. Grab some from VSHOD though post sabbatical, If you don't like it I'll take it off your hands!

51324104432_36c2a27c06_c.jpg

Brush: Chisel & Hound + Maggard 24mm SHD badger fan knot
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Merkur Super Platinum (1)
Lather: Barrister and Mann - Clusterfig - Soap

A cold morning today, great shave, post shave feels good even with no extra products. I haven’t used this soap for a while, it’s one of about 4 or 5 soaps I’m going to rotate to kill off to make room for MOAR!

Have a great day!

What's the best vintage head/modern handle combo in your opinion?

I swap handles a bit but not for modern versions.

No idea - this is my only 'Frankenrazor' !

The vintage NEW head is a great head and this handle has good heft and balance. Despite the different threads (thanks for the reminder @Holiday) it works and keep me happy!

Actually, we could have done that when @Irish (Forgotten Art) still had his lathe up and running. (Matching bowl and brush.) Maybe @TroyTools might be interested enough to take that up... :unsure:

I can make anything!:cool:
(at least, I like to think so. That's what I tell myself anyway):unsure:
My latest bowl this week (scrap-wood challenge) below
More Jarrah. Lid came from a different piece of wood, hence the scrap-wood challenge.
Its not attached, so doesn't matter it's slightly darker.
(sure beats burning it as firewood)
Resin sure is easier to turn than this hard wood.
UJG7GIs.jpg

f4KslzE.jpg

More Jarrah. Lid came from a different piece of wood, hence the scrap-wood challenge.
UJG7GIs.jpg

f4KslzE.jpg

Nice work!

UJG7GIs.jpg

f4KslzE.jpg
Nice. What I love about jarrah is the variety of colours you get. It always strikes me as criminal to see so much of it treated as rubbish in WA for fence posts or studs and bearers in construction, when fast-growing radiata would work just as well. I often heard it said that jarrah is better at resisting white-ant, but the only parts of my 120-year-old cottage I had in Perth that had any trouble with the beasties were the bits built in jarrah. The rest was Baltic pine, and no problems.

No idea - this is my only 'Frankenrazor' !

The vintage NEW head is a great head and this handle has good heft and balance. Despite the different threads (thanks for the reminder @Holiday) it works and keep me happy!

The only modern handle that I can use is the Rockwell 6s. It fits the NEW improved, RFB but not the NEW head.

Everything else is three piece. I CAN make a ton up using different vintage handles though.

6.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Zingari Man - The Watchman (y)@rhodes96
Razor: RR SS Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Pro Super
Post-shave: Shower, Homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+.
COTD: Yemen Mocha Ismaili

I've only tried one other Zingari Man soap (The Explorer, sego base, which I also liked), so it was nice to revisit the brand with this soap. Described primarily as aquatic, I was struck first by more floral notes, with a hint of berry. Suits me, I like florals. The aquatic notes came out more as the shave went on, and I'd go as far as to say this is the most enjoyable aquatic I've tried. Two Pizpot Gargravarr endorsed soaps from the one manufacturer are literally unheard-of. (y)(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.