Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers! His definitely a talented perfumer. I got YRP in today and was worried that i wouldn’t like it due to the rose but turned out loving it. How’s La Petite Prairie?

YRP is great, I recently got the EDT, and I also have an almost finished tub of the soap. I kind of like the soap version of the scent better.

The only way I can describe LPP is a more fruity and smoky version of Vetiver by Guerlain. I like it a lot. If you are interested I could trade a soap sample of it for a sample of Fougère Nemeta?

YRP is great, I recently got the EDT, and I also have an almost finished tub of the soap. I kind of like the soap version of the scent better.

The only way I can describe LPP is a more fruity and smoky version of Vetiver by Guerlain. I like it a lot. If you are interested I could trade a soap sample of it for a sample of Fougère Nemeta?
PM sent

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @TroyTools 26mm boar shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming / Chatillon Lux Weinstrasse shaving soap
Razor: Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Bark handle
Blade: Iridium Super (7)
Post-shave: Declaration Grooming / Chatillon Lux Weinstrasse splash
Fragrance: Declaration Grooming / Chatillon Lux Weinstrasse EDT

So very nice. Good scritch as you would expect from a new boar, very different to my vintage Simpson boar, and a little funk, but that will fade. Can't wait until tomorrow's shave.

L384jUxl.jpg

51539504247_333e2519ce_b.jpg

Brush: Maggard 24mm SHD
Razor: ATT Windsor Pro SB90
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Yellow (1)
Lather: Summer Break Soaps - Teacher’s Pet

Nice crisp apple scent in this soap. I might be wrong, but I think this scent will be discontinued. Oh well, I guess I have an unobtainium in my den!

Beautiful weather here today. Turn off that damn TV and radio, and go out and enjoy the day!

Last edited:
Imagine how good your SOTDs will be with some of the fine items available in the Paste & Cut Charity Auction 2021 -

Opening for bidding: 12 noon, Sunday 17 October

Bidding closes: 12 noon, Saturday 23 October (unless auction extended, see rules)

with 26 sensational lots covering all you could ever want or dream of in terms of shaving supplies, including a few surprises.

Start checking out the lots as we release them here.

'tis the season for menthol in the balmy tropics

pFzcufl.jpg

Dubl Duck Goldedge
Smilez4Milez Grapevine
Gentlemen's Quarter - Cavendish Black
Limited Edition P&C 2019 Auction Grey Bowl by Avalon Pottery
Dr Jon's Classic aftershave

Nice crisp apple scent in this soap. I might be wrong, but I think this scent will be discontinued. Oh well, I guess I have an unobtainium in my den!

Beautiful weather here today. Turn off that damn TV and radio, and go out and enjoy the day!

Fantastic piece of music. I could listen to Bill Evans all day.

Telstra should use that music for customers on hold. It may actually lower the blood pressure, and inhibit swear words at consultant's in overseas call centres.

Blade: Iridium Super (7)

So very nice. Good scritch as you would expect from a new boar, very different to my vintage Simpson boar, and a little funk, but that will fade. Can't wait until tomorrow's shave.

L384jUxl.jpg
A very nice looking brush to match its badger big brother :love:

jBQ8yJt.jpeg

Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: Dscosmetic T4
Soap: Truefitt & Hill 1805 sample I randomly found
Razor: Gillette G2 Fatboy
Blade: Astra Super Stainless (1)
Post: The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toner, Nivea Skin & Stubble

For all the drama this Fatboy has caused me, I actually had a decent shave. The gap it's stuck in is in my preferred range of aggression, and is about the same as 7-8 on the slim. A tad rough, but I think that's normal for fatboy in the upper range? Also could be the old Astra blade that came with him. If I had paid what it was actually worth in this state, I might have been satisfied. But as it is, it's gonna take a trip into the loving hands of @Ferret619 for him to have his way with.

Also, relived some childhood trauma in 4k this arvo.
qZDVVdK.jpeg

Blade: Iridium Super (8)

Enjoyed it just as much today!

L384jUxl.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Leaf Razor
Blade: Wizamet SI (3 blades)
Pre: Shower
Soap: TSM Fougere sample
Bowl/Scuttle: Rover Bowl
WTG, ATG, TXG, Touchups = DFS

A quick head/face shave using the neglected Leaf and a comfortable shave. Finally finished the sample and looking forward to some Spring scented soaps in next weeks shaves...

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Czech & Speake - Oxford & Cambridge (Valobra)
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge Cologne
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

A Sunday treat.

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)
Brush: Declaration Grooming B13 Go Beyond Jefferson
Soap: Barrister & Mann - Petrichor Sample
Aftershave: Ariana & Evans - Forbidden Fruit

Swing and a miss for Petrichor. I was hoping it was reminiscent of petrichor here in the Dandenong Ranges.

pCkySQ2.jpg

jBQ8yJt.jpeg

Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: Dscosmetic T4
Soap: Truefitt & Hill 1805 sample I randomly found
Razor: Gillette G2 Fatboy
Blade: Astra Super Stainless (1)
Post: The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toner, Nivea Skin & Stubble

For all the drama this Fatboy has caused me, I actually had a decent shave. The gap it's stuck in is in my preferred range of aggression, and is about the same as 7-8 on the slim. A tad rough, but I think that's normal for fatboy in the upper range? Also could be the old Astra blade that came with him. If I had paid what it was actually worth in this state, I might have been satisfied. But as it is, it's gonna take a trip into the loving hands of @Ferret619 for him to have his way with.

Also, relived some childhood trauma in 4k this arvo.
qZDVVdK.jpeg

Remember seeing it on the big screen. Ultra Magnus the weakest leader ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.