Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD - New Brush AP Shave + Silksmoke 28mm Knot
Gold Flake - Black AP SHAVE Handle with the Silksmoke 28mm Synthetic Knot. This thing is like the Incredible Hulk when soap loaded on the it comes in at 150grams in weight heavy as. Works brilliantly in use just takes some getting use to size and weight.
j3l9z1o.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @TroyTools 26mm boar shaving brush
Soap/Cream: B&M Petrichor shaving soap
Razor: Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Bark handle
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post-shave: B&M Petrichor splash
Fragrance: N/A

Sleep in, walk with wife and then home for a shower and shave.

Can't give away this soap - so smash it with the new boar as I break it in :)

Nice shave!

F2nRRHpl.jpg

Talking about brushes...

... check out what is in the Paste & Cut Charity Auction 2021 -

Opening for bidding: 12 noon, Sunday 17 October

Bidding closes: 12 noon, Saturday 23 October (unless auction extended, see rules)

with 26 sensational lots covering all you could ever want or dream of in terms of shaving supplies, including a few surprises.

Some lovely brushes you can see in the pre-auction listings here.

Talking about brushes...

... check out what is in the Paste & Cut Charity Auction 2021 -

Opening for bidding: 12 noon, Sunday 17 October

Bidding closes: 12 noon, Saturday 23 October (unless auction extended, see rules)

with 26 sensational lots covering all you could ever want or dream of in terms of shaving supplies, including a few surprises.

Some lovely brushes you can see in the pre-auction listings here.
giphy.gif

Yesterday's shave was just too good. It left with almost nothing to shave this morning.

• Face wash with Pears Transparent soap (India).
  • Face lathered using ARKO (Turkey) and a Chinese guaranteed genuine pure best badger hair synthetic brush.
  • Shaved with a Solingen, Germany Revisor 6-0035 (WTG + 2 x XTG) stropped on an Heirloom (US) fast bridal and maintained on a hanging 0.1μm diamond pasted balsa strop.
  • Finished with a 75% Wahl Bay Rum (Australian) and 25% Dickenson Witch Hazel (US) mix.

full

Yesterday's shave was just too good. It left with almost nothing to shave this morning.

• Face wash with Pears Transparent soap (India).
  • Face lathered using ARKO (Turkey) and a Chinese guaranteed genuine pure best badger hair synthetic brush.
  • Shaved with a Solingen, Germany Revisor 6-0035 (WTG + 2 x XTG) stropped on an Heirloom (US) fast bridal and maintained on a hanging 0.1μm diamond pasted balsa strop.
  • Finished with a 75% Wahl Bay Rum (Australian) and 25% Dickenson Witch Hazel (US) mix.
I never even noticed Pears is now made in India. It's good stuff, I used it as my shave soap for many years.

Reactions: Hos
s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: D.R. Harris - Windsor
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

It doesn't get any better than this...

kEJJbwh.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum
Razor: Tatara Nodachi, Masamune handle
Blade: Kai (1)
Post-shave: Alum block, Nivea balm, RR Emperor, Armaf Clb de Nuit
Decided to push the Nodachi a little with a Kai. Notorious for being sharp and a smidgeon wider than the average blade, I mounted it with more than a little trepidation. Trouble from the get-go; the Kai would not slip over the elongated studs on the Nodachi cap. It kept swinging 10 or 15 degrees off line, until I eventually managed to get it to sit on the top of the studs while I forced it on by tightening the handle. A rough feeling as I tightened the handle, but it eventually went in. The Kai sure looked wider, but maybe that was my imagination as I mentally prepared for a bloodbath. The shave was as expected, lots of blade forward feel with a very sharp blade. For the first time with this razor I had to try and find the sweet spot rather than being on auto-pilot. It seemed that riding the bar a little lessened the fear of imminent pain, and eventually I carefully completed the shave with just a tiny weeper on my chin. I'll give this blade one more try, but in the future won't bother as it's not worth the hassle to have to struggle to put it in. It certainly showed me a new facet of the razor and confirmed my preference is for a smoother blade. But an hour later, I find myself more than happy with the result; DFS+.

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Tony Forsyth custom Mallee Burl & Resin Hybrid 2-Band Finest Badger
Soap:- Stirling - Frozen Tundra
Razor:- Gillette - Big Boy De Luxe Gold
Blade:- Aussie Spoiler (6)
Aftershave:- Stirling WHAM

uBK03aX.jpg

Did I mention 'tis the season for menthol. The WHAM has a nice cooling and calming effect all over not just as an aftershave

AvK04Ya.jpeg

Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: Yaqi Moka
Soap:
Truefitt & Hill 1805
Razor:
British Rocket
Blade:
Gillette Nacet (4)
The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toner, Nivea Skin & Stubble

The little Rocket that could. I can't help but like this little fella. There's just something about the way it's mechanical motion feels.

IMG-20211004-222349.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Green Swirls & Transparent 27mm Rhodium Silvertip
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo H 0.50mm Mild Plate
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Mikes Natural Soap Bay Rum
Bowl/Scuttle: Rover Bowl
Post: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm // Phoenix & Beau Oriental Rum Solid Cologne
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

Shaving bliss!!! :love:

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.