Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic soap. Unfortunately, I found my Watchman sample to smell like sweat personally.

Interesting way to describe the fragrance. I guess its better than urinal cake.:LOL:

I thought it was a beautiful dark aquatic, a true masterpiece of a fragrance, by none other than Shawn Maher of Chatllion Lux.

That's just my personal opinion and YMMV.

Pre-shave:- Cold shower
Brush:- Tony Forsyth custom Mallee Burl & Resin Hybrid 2-Band Finest Badger
Soap:- Stirling - Frozen Tundra
Razor:- CB Karve OC-D
Blade:- Gillette Minora (6)
Aftershave:- Stirling WHAM

vhQmo7b.jpg

Karve OC-D has reminded me how close a DE can shave.
This combination is at the peak of my comfort zone teetering on the razors edge of being too aggressive and at the same time so smooth and efficient
Single pass DFS++ but why waste a good lather

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @TroyTools 26mm boar shaving brush
Soap/Cream: B&M Petrichor shaving soap
Razor: Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Bark handle
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Post-shave: B&M Petrichor splash
Fragrance: N/A

No incursions by the blade into my chin today - happy days!

F2nRRHpl.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Green Swirls & Transparent 27mm Rhodium Silvertip
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo H 0.50mm Mild Plate
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Mikes Natural Soap Bay Rum
Bowl/Scuttle: Rover Bowl
Post: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm // Phoenix & Beau Oriental Rum Solid Cologne
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Same setup and yesterday's results were better as I had a fresh blade with a few days growth. Still managed a smooth and comfortable DFS...

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Stirling - Bergamot Lavender
Razor: RR SS Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Pro Super
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

This tub is almost finished, so I might stay with it for the next few days to kill it off...

RH8SqiF.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Omega 10065 Pure Bristle
Soap/Cream: Blue Devil Vetiver
Razor: Tatara Nodachi, Masamune handle
Blade: Kai (2)
Post-shave: Alum block, Nivea balm, Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve, Armaf Club de Nuit
A much more confident shave today, everything went smoothly and no issues. I've removed the Kai (I think the tightness was around the threaded handle stud rather than the elongated alignment studs as I thought) and dropped it into my Lupo 95 (easily) so will see how it shaves there as I don't think I've tried that yet. The alum block and the Pinaud both stung bigly so I'm getting a close shave; Kai+Nodachi is definitely at the aggressive end of the scale for me. DFS+.

Last edited:
A much more confident shave today, everything went smoothly and no issues. I've removed the Kai (I think the tightness was around the threaded handle stud rather than the elongated alignment studs as I thought) and dropped it into my Lupo 95 (easily) so will see how it shaves there as I don't think I've tried that yet. The alum block and the Pinaud both stung bigly so I'm getting a close shave; Kai+Nodachi is definitely at the aggressive end of the scale for me. DFS+.

Confident shave?

Imagine how confident you would be with something from the Paste & Cut Charity Auction 2021 -

Opening for bidding: 12 noon, Sunday 17 October

Bidding closes: 12 noon, Saturday 23 October (unless auction extended, see rules)

with 26+ sensational lots covering all you could ever want or dream of in terms of shaving supplies, including a few surprises.

Some lovely stuff you can already see in the pre-auction listings here.

Status
Not open for further replies.