Barbasol Floating Head / Polsilver Super Iridium
Oumo 20 Master Series "Ox" 28mm Lotus Manchuria SHD
Ethos Grooming Essentials Greenfresh Premium Soap & Aftershave​

Timeless 95
Polsilver
Zenith Boar
Tabac
Don Marco

Well there you go, just when you think you know what your talking about you prove yourself wrong. Initially i found the T95 to be very efficient but rough when going ATG and always resulted in weepers and some form of irritation..

The biggest change to how I shave with it i believe is the quality of the lather and wow what a difference. Nothing but a super smooth shave, with no weepers or any irritation which included WTG, XTG and 2xATG passes.. yep BBS all round :)

51584849470_cf3ed0fced_b.jpg

Pre-shave:- Cold shower
Brush:- BSB Spain 24mm
Razor: Timeless 0.68 SB - Scalloped Head
Soap:- Noble Otter - Northern Elixer
Blade:- Gillette Minora (9)
Aftershave:- Noble Otter - Northern Elixer

nopP60B.jpg

Dialed in the Timeless today and couldn't stop stroking my chin all afternoon DFS+ that lasted 10 Hrs

Timeless 95
Polsilver
Zenith Boar
Tabac
Don Marco

Well there you go, just when you think you know what your talking about you prove yourself wrong. Initially i found the T95 to be very efficient but rough when going ATG and always resulted in weepers and some form of irritation..

The biggest change to how I shave with it i believe is the quality of the lather and wow what a difference. Nothing but a super smooth shave, with no weepers or any irritation which included WTG, XTG and 2xATG passes.. yep BBS all round :)

51584849470_cf3ed0fced_b.jpg
This might be something that those of us with a comparatively limited armoury of soaps get to enjoy. I think just about any soap takes a bit of getting to know it to get the very best out of it. I can't help noticing you've certainly been putting in the time with Tabac lately. I now realise the milled soaps are under-represented in these SOTDs, but I've been finding that the majority of my very best shaves lately have been with these rather than the artisan soaps.

Pre-shave:- Cold shower
Brush:- BSB Spain 24mm
Razor: Timeless 0.68 SB - Scalloped Head
Soap:- Noble Otter - Northern Elixer
Blade:- Gillette Minora (9)
Aftershave:- Noble Otter - Northern Elixer

nopP60B.jpg

Dialed in the Timeless today and couldn't stop stroking my chin all afternoon DFS+ that lasted 10 Hrs
I only noticed this week that NO misspells elixir as elixer. Unusual for me, I can usually spot a typo or spelling mistake from 40 paces. Maybe Cody is an illiter8 ba5tard... :unsure: ...or maybe he's a victim of the mispeling vyrus.

This might be something that those of us with a comparatively limited armoury of soaps get to enjoy. I think just about any soap takes a bit of getting to know it to get the very best out of it. I can't help noticing you've certainly been putting in the time with Tabac lately. I now realise the milled soaps are under-represented in these SOTDs, but I've been finding that the majority of my very best shaves lately have been with these rather than the artisan soaps.

spot on mate, one thing i have learnt is that you need to spend time to get to know a soap to dial it in. learnt this now by using tabac so consistently. and for me it beats all new soaps, something about it, i reckon the slickness.. lucky for me i have another 12 tabac's tucked away :)

its Tabactober (y)

I only noticed this week that NO misspells elixir as elixer. Unusual for me, I can usually spot a typo or spelling mistake from 40 paces. Maybe Cody is an illiter8 ba5tard... :unsure: ...or maybe he's a victim of the mispeling vyrus.
I spelt it with an "i" but then reed the lable and gooogle had both spellins in the oxford inglish dicshunary

Completely agree mate, is that another vote for the lather? I think there is a definite epiphany for noobs when they finally get the lather right (myself included) maybe 6 , 24 or 36 months but it eventually hits

https://paste-and-cut.com.au/commun...he-total-shave-experience-is-the-lather.6782/

absolutely mate its like a cafe, you need fresh beans roasted just right (quality soap), nice quality machine (razor\blade combo), fresh grind/right size/amount in a puck (nice brush), the right no how on using all hardware and software to make that perfect cup. im still a noob and only just got it.. practice makes perfect (y)

its all about the lather..

spot on mate, one thing i have learnt is that you need to spend time to get to know a soap to dial it in. learnt this now by using tabac so consistently. and for me it beats all new soaps, something about it, i reckon the slickness.. lucky for me i have another 12 tabac's tucked away :)

its Tabactober (y)
I've got a few tubs of soap to kill off before I can do this, but I can envisage a time when I only use milled soaps - with the occasional dalliance with Castle Forbes Lavender, which I simply can't do without for long. I'm working on the population with that in mind...

I've got a few tubs of soap to kill off before I can do this, but I can envisage a time when I only use milled soaps - with the occasional dalliance with Castle Forbes Lavender, which I simply can't do without for long. I'm working on the population with that in mind...

have noticed you love your Castle Forbes Lavender.. i like roses and lavender myself so got my eye on it

if you like roses, i highly recommend MdC Rose.. its a totally natural soft rose scent

have noticed you love your Castle Forbes Lavender.. i like roses and lavender so go my eye on it

if you like roses, i highly recommend MdC Rose.. its a totally natural soft rose scent

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fougere Trois shaving soap
Razor: Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Bark handle
Blade: Gillette Minora (4)
Post-shave: APR Fougere Trois splash
Fragrance: N/A

Nice, such a soft boar this one!

xmplOgjl.jpg

Ahhh crap, not fun when that happens :(

Even worse when you have insurance on the product and the telco cannot process the claim due to technical issues on their end. ( That's right Telstra Another TIO complaint to you!)

I have faith in Amazon delivering one today as promised. Otherwise I will be hitting them up for a free space trip. :)

I've had my eye on that, since you have mentioned it before as a fine natural rose scent. In a way, I was sort of hoping it would come up in the auction this year, but it looks like I'll have to wait till January. No biggie...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.